2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Hang in there. So sorry it is taking so long.

I'll also need to go to the Seattle office (not for the interview or oath) for yet another extension stamp in my passport since my current one expires on July 2!  :cry:

13 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Lollzzzz Let's hope you don't have to wait anymore. 

I'm telling future immigrants not to move to Seattle unless they want to wait forever for their N-400 applications!  :dead:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

I'll also need to go to the Seattle office (not for the interview or oath) for yet another extension stamp in my passport since my current one expires on July 2!  :cry:

I'm telling future immigrants not to move to Seattle unless they want to wait forever for their N-400 applications!  :dead:

What's with Seattle?? I am so lucky that I live in Los Angeles as the 751/400 adjudication here seems to be way faster than other cities in the country. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
10 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

:lol:  Yeah right. I also think in the next few years Portland field office will take more time than usual. Looking at your timeline I believe you have so much patience Lolzzz

11 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

I live in Los Angeles as the 751/400 adjudication here seems to be way faster

I hope so! I live in LA as well and i applied for N400 online on 05/14 with pending ROC. I am barely past one month of waiting and it already feels like forever!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Cocoza said:

I hope so! I live in LA as well and i applied for N400 online on 05/14 with pending ROC. I am barely past one month of waiting and it already feels like forever!

Yes, it is going to be a while, but you just have to be patient and live through every moment of waiting unfortunately. Good luck. The journey just started for you, but the good news is LA field office is more organized and faster than others in the country.

Edited by Zombie69

4 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, it is going to be a while, but you just have to be patient and live through every moment of waiting unfortunately. Good luck. The journey just started for you.

Yea, the "patience" part is the hard part. My account has a completion time of 11 Months. Wish it would go quicker. Need a job that requires security clearance and have to be a citizen first before i can get it. :(

Timeline
Just now, Cocoza said:

Yea, the "patience" part is the hard part. My account has a completion time of 11 Months. Wish it would go quicker. Need a job that requires security clearance and have to be a citizen first before i can get it. :(

We applied for 400 in August 2017, and I was naturalized by 5/23 this year. My 751 was also pending when after we submitted 400, but my case may not be representative of other cases as my love passed away 3 days after the 400 interview. I think my husband's passing propelled them to adjudicate my 400 and 751. Good luck, but in general, LA field office is faster than the rest in the country like I said.

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

We applied for 400 in August 2017, and I was naturalized by 5/23 this year. My 751 was also pending when after we submitted 400, but my case may not be representative of other cases as my love passed away 3 days after the 400 interview. I think my husband's passing propelled them to adjudicate my 400 and 751. Good luck, but in general, LA field office is faster than the rest in the country like I said.

During the period after you filed for 400, did you ever get an update about 751 transfer to local office other than the supposed glitch in Feb?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Cocoza said:

During the period after you filed for 400, did you ever get an update about 751 transfer to local office other than the supposed glitch in Feb?

I got the update that said my 751 was transferred to a new office after the 751 approval, and it is still saying that now. I would disregard that update, it really is meaningless, it is more of a ploy to falsely make applicants think there's some movement in the adjudication process. 

Timeline
On 6/23/2018 at 12:26 AM, Zombie69 said:

What's with Seattle?? I am so lucky that I live in Los Angeles as the 751/400 adjudication here seems to be way faster than other cities in the country. 

It may not be because of the Seattle office, it may be because of me since everything slows down once I apply!  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

22 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

:lol:  Yeah right. I also think in the next few years Portland field office will take more time than usual. Looking at your timeline I believe you have so much patience Lolzzz

Waiting for N-400/I-751 has been much easier than my I-130 application since I had to wait outside the US during my I-130 process!  :bonk:

I wasn't supposed to enter the US during the I-130 application process so I couldn't even look for a job or house in Seattle!  :dead:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
19 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

It may not be because of the Seattle office, it may be because of me since everything slows down once I apply!  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Waiting for N-400/I-751 has been much easier than my I-130 application since I had to wait outside the US during my I-130 process!  :bonk:

I wasn't supposed to enter the US during the I-130 application process so I couldn't even look for a job or house in Seattle!  :dead:

Wow, it is almost 2 years for you since you filed your 751 in late August 2016. Maybe you should think about filing a mandamus action where you get a federal court's approval to force USCIS to adjudicate your cases due to unreasonable delays. It will be an expensive endeavor though, and you obviously need to hire a lawyer for that.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, AustinCanada said:

Oh Boy if everything was in place for you from the beginning you would have been a U.S citizen by now. They took so much time to process your I -130. On the positive side, you are almost there. It is the last step for you. I think you will hear from them in August. 

On 6/22/2018 at 7:49 AM, Bill & Katya said:

We came to the same conclusion.  Simply put, the N400 clock is a separate clock, so why wait for the I751 clock to run out before starting the N400 clock?  Let them run concurrently and get to the end sooner.  In our case I think it shaved 8-9 months off our overall time to naturalization, but my wife seemed to hit a sweet spot with the Detroit office when she filed her N400, it processed way faster than we ever expected and well within the posted processing times.  It seems things have slowed down there a bit now.

Yep. Hopefully by the time we get to my husband's eligibility to fill 400 next March, they will have gotten faster again. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations to those who have successfully end their immigration journey please y’all I just wanna know if there is anybody in here who has I-751 pending In California have submitted since January 20 last year I haven’t heard nothing just wanna know if someone has a case there and if it’s okay to call them I already called like four times they just keep telling me same things 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Wow, it is almost 2 years for you since you filed your 751 in late August 2016. Maybe you should think about filing a mandamus action where you get a federal court's approval to force USCIS to adjudicate your cases due to unreasonable delays. It will be an expensive endeavor though, and you obviously need to hire a lawyer for that.

I've contacted my congressperson.  I may contact her again once I have my I-751 two-year anniversary from my filling date!  :no:

10 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Oh Boy if everything was in place for you from the beginning you would have been a U.S citizen by now. They took so much time to process your I -130. On the positive side, you are almost there. It is the last step for you. I think you will hear from them in August. 

There is one thing I can always count on when it comes to the US immigration application - I'm usually (always?) one of the last ones to get approved!  :dead:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.