2,950 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2018 at 8:50 AM, Zombie69 said:

I sent in evidence that is similar to 751 for 400, I took additional evidence that showed our on going marriage for 751 for the 400 interview, the majority of evidence covers the period after the submission of 400. I asked the officer if he wanted more evidence for 751, he said I had submitted enough of it which was a good sign. Sadly, my husband was ill and could not attend the interview and he passed 3 days after the interview. Knowing what the officer would say prior to the interview about the possible rescheduling of 751 joint interview. I put up a packet requesting an expedited approval for both applications based on humanitarian ground with loads of evidence like dr's letters, medical records, also proving why my husband could not attend the interview due to his serious illnesses, but the officer took the packet and told me he had to talk to the supervisor. He was somehow sympathetic, but a decision could not be made after the interview. My situation is complicated due to my husband's passing. But I think my 751 approval is right around the corner, I submitted my love's death certificate 18 days ago and requested 751 to be coverted to a widow's one. My 400 is expected to be rejected by law due to my husband's death even though I passed the interview. I think you are fine though. I have to re apply for 400 next August as an individual for the 5 year rule. The timing was so bad, on top of grieving, I had to try, and I did. My husband's passing complicated and divert the whole process unfortunately. 

I'm sorry about your husband loss. Thanks for the info!

21 hours ago, David and Sinthea said:

Thank you for letting us know how things are going! I know this is been hard for you. But know that your story is also inspiring! The strength you have had through this is amazing! Absolutely amazing that you got your update on his birthday! There's too many of these things happening in your case to be a coincidence. <3

Please keep us updated on your process!

Hi- Quick question - Looks like you've submitted your ROC just few days ago expiring your 2 years GC and looks like NOA1 came out in couple of days for you.  Just like to understand if NOA1 (Receipt number) didn't come out before expiring 2 yrs GC, that is like out of status, right? or Package received should be good before 2 years expire?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, BlueBuy said:

I'm sorry about your husband loss. Thanks for the info!

Your welcome. My 751 was approved this morning. Good luck 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, BlueBuy said:

Nice. Congrats. Happy for you!

Thanks a lot. Finally some good news in the midst of sadness.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

At last! I can't yet see what the actual date is, but I hope it will soon update on the ELIS/DHS website. Doing a LOT of traveling in May, so travel arrangements may need to get adjusted; hopefully not!

Still very much pleased with the fact that I decided to file for citizenship back in November 2017 even though my ROC was still pending, November 2016 ROC filers are just starting to get approved now.

I'll update you once I am able to review the actual appointment letter, hopefully tomorrow.

my_logo.png

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by May 30, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nikkosan said:

At last! I can't yet see what the actual date is, but I hope it will soon update on the ELIS/DHS website. Doing a LOT of traveling in May, so travel arrangements may need to get adjusted; hopefully not!

Still very much pleased with the fact that I decided to file for citizenship back in November 2017 even though my ROC was still pending, November 2016 ROC filers are just starting to get approved now.

I'll update you once I am able to review the actual appointment letter, hopefully tomorrow.

my_logo.png

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by May 30, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Hi there, it's such a good news. I am very happy for you. Keep us posted, regards. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Name O Boy said:

Hi there, it's such a good news. I am very happy for you. Keep us posted, regards. 

Thank YOU! It's been a long time coming. I can't wait to be done with the process, I'm sure you perfectly understand the feeling. I'll keep you guys posted.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

Thank YOU! It's been a long time coming. I can't wait to be done with the process, I'm sure you perfectly understand the feeling. I'll keep you guys posted.

You are welcome. Yes, I know how stressful this journey is but hopefully soon it will be over. 

3 hours ago, Nikkosan said:

my_logo.png

Congrats! I will be eligible next month for Citizenship and can't wait as well to get over with USCIS. LOL!

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lemon23 said:

Congrats! I will be eligible next month for Citizenship and can't wait as well to get over with USCIS. LOL!

Thanks!

And yeah, I know the feeling!!!

Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lemon23 said:

Me too Lemon23. I see you too are in New York City? We have similar timelines....

PS I have already created an ID and Password on the USCIS site. Also, almost finished the N400 online. It is very easy to fill out. It deletes after three weeks, so i go in an update once every two weeks so it resets

1 minute ago, NYCruiser said:

Me too Lemon23. I see you too are in New York City? We have similar timelines....

PS I have already created an ID and Password on the USCIS site. Also, almost finished the N400 online. It is very easy to fill out. It deletes after three weeks, so i go in an update once every two weeks so it resets

Awesome!!! We can get in touch together since we're on the same state. I also created an online account but I have not started anything, would probably start it next week.

Keep in touch :)

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lemon23 said:

Awesome!!! We can get in touch together since we're on the same state. I also created an online account but I have not started anything, would probably start it next week.

Keep in touch :)

Great..thanks Lemon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.