Cyberfx1024

Hillary paid for notorious 'golden showers' dossier on Trump

107 posts in this topic

Just now, bcking said:

England should not be "commonly referred to as the United Kingdom"

The UK includes England, but England is NOT the UK. The UK is more than England.

Most of those words aren't interchangeable. Great Britain is UK/England/Wales, but not Northern Ireland. The UK is all 4. A "British" person technically is just UK/England/Wales, however I will give you a pass on that because plenty of Northern Irish would consider themselves British, and there isn't another great term to use if you don't.

But definitely Great Britain =/= United Kingdom =/= England

All those terms are completely interchangeable in every day common speech.  I have worked with many soldiers who are from the "U.K." and a majority of them were from England.  Every single one of them referred to themselves as "British" and when officially classifying information derived from their sources, it is marked "U.K".  

But really, why does it even matter?  The only thing that really matters is that the money went to a foreign national, which is a crime.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, bcking said:

England should not be "commonly referred to as the United Kingdom"

The UK includes England, but England is NOT the UK. The UK is more than England.

Most of those words aren't interchangeable. Great Britain is UK/England/Wales, but not Northern Ireland. The UK is all 4. A "British" person technically is just UK/England/Wales, however I will give you a pass on that because plenty of Northern Irish would consider themselves British, and there isn't another great term to use if you don't.

But definitely Great Britain =/= United Kingdom =/= England

I found this helpful 

https://twitter.com/digitalhen/status/746117677442301953

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

53 minutes ago, jayjayj said:

All those terms are completely interchangeable in every day common speech.  I have worked with many soldiers who are from the "U.K." and a majority of them were from England.  Every single one of them referred to themselves as "British" and when officially classifying information derived from their sources, it is marked "U.K".  

But really, why does it even matter?  The only thing that really matters is that the money went to a foreign national, which is a crime.

It typically matters to those in the country. English care a little less because they seen themselves as the sort of "center" of the UK, but typically a Scottish person cares, or Welsch, and almost definitely Irish.

Using "British" to refer to English Soldiers is perfectly fine. As I said, "British" works as a pretty much "all encompasing" term. Some people have argued it doesn't technically apply to Northern Ireland (Since it comes from Great Britain, which DOES NOT include Northern Ireland), but most people are generally okay with calling Northern Irish people British since saying they are Irish is misleading since they aren't from the Republic of Ireland, and "Northern Irish" is more of a mouthful.

So yes you can use British to refer to them, but that doesn't make the words interchangeable. You can't use "English" to refer to a British person. An English person is British, but not all British people are English. A Scottish person would typically be upset if you called them English (I'm sure some don't care, I'm speaking from experience).

You also can't use Great Britain and the United Kingdom interchangeable. Great Britain is the island and the UK is the country. A Northern Irish person may cringe when you say they are from Great Britain.

As I said, it just matters because people from that country typically care. Less so English, since they see themselves as the center of the UK anyway (my wife is English mind you), but the other representative countries definitely don't see it all as interchangeable. Also obviously an English person wouldn't like being called Scottish (Well maybe they'd be okay with that, but most definitely wouldn't like be called Welsch).

21 minutes ago, bcking said:

It typically matters to those in the country. English care a little less because they seen themselves as the sort of "center" of the UK, but typically a Scottish person cares, or Welsch, and almost definitely Irish.

Using "British" to refer to English Soldiers is perfectly fine. As I said, "British" works as a pretty much "all encompasing" term. Some people have argued it doesn't technically apply to Northern Ireland (Since it comes from Great Britain, which DOES NOT include Northern Ireland), but most people are generally okay with calling Northern Irish people British since saying they are Irish is misleading since they aren't from the Republic of Ireland, and "Northern Irish" is more of a mouthful.

So yes you can use British to refer to them, but that doesn't make the words interchangeable. You can't use "English" to refer to a British person. An English person is British, but not all British people are English. A Scottish person would typically be upset if you called them English (I'm sure some don't care, I'm speaking from experience).

You also can't use Great Britain and the United Kingdom interchangeable. Great Britain is the island and the UK is the country. A Northern Irish person may cringe when you say they are from Great Britain.

As I said, it just matters because people from that country typically care. Less so English, since they see themselves as the center of the UK anyway (my wife is English mind you), but the other representative countries definitely don't see it all as interchangeable. Also obviously an English person wouldn't like being called Scottish (Well maybe they'd be okay with that, but most definitely wouldn't like be called Welsch).

The individual we are talking about is from England.  So one wouldn't be wrong if one called him English (an English spy).  He could also correctly be referred to as British (a British spy), since he is also from Great Britain.  Likewise, it would be accurate to say he was from the United Kingdom (a spy from Great Britain).  One could even refer to him as European ( a European spy) and still be correct. 

I think we agree that someone from England could be referred to with any of those terms and it would be accurate.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

4 minutes ago, jayjayj said:

The individual we are talking about is from England.  So one wouldn't be wrong if one called him English (an English spy).  He could also correctly be referred to as British (a British spy), since he is also from Great Britain.  Likewise, it would be accurate to say he was from the United Kingdom (a spy from Great Britain).  One could even refer to him as European ( a European spy) and still be correct. 

I think we agree that someone from England could be referred to with any of those terms and it would be accurate.

All true.

THis discussion started with the statement "Last I heard Great Britain was a foreign country"

It was a minor point (I actually put it just in brackets in my response), but Great Britain is not a foreign country. The United Kingdom is. Great Britain is part of the UK. Great Britain isn't a country on its own. It's an island.

This really isn't a big deal. I had originally just offered up the correction. We can move on now.

EDIT:

In your reply to Mango, you also included additional errors:

"...was a former spy of England, also commonly referred to as the United Kingdom, also geographically located on the island of Great Britain "

Now the second may not be an error, it may just be unclear sentence structure. England is NOT commonly referred to as the UK. They are not equivalent.

The UK is NOT geographically located on the island of GB. It geographically INCLUDES GB, as well as part of Ireland. However I admit you may have meant that England is geographically located on the island of Great Britain. It wasn't clear if the subject had changed to UK or if it remained England.

Edited by bcking

2 hours ago, jayjayj said:

You really must have missed it.  The DNC and Hillary's campaign paid a British spy, through a proxy (attorney), to obtain Russian intelligence - this is a crime.  They then covered it up to avoid having it appear on their FEC campaign finance disclosure forms - this is also a crime.

Hey Trump is in Bed with the Russians. Look over there.. meanwhile back at the bat cave...

This whole Russian thing is backfired on them 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Hey Trump is in Bed with the Russians. Look over there.. meanwhile back at the bat cave...

Same Bat Time, same Bat Channel?

Btw, wasn’t it the cover up that got Nixon?

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, bcking said:

All true.

THis discussion started with the statement "Last I heard Great Britain was a foreign country"

It was a minor point (I actually put it just in brackets in my response), but Great Britain is not a foreign country. The United Kingdom is. Great Britain is part of the UK. Great Britain isn't a country on its own. It's an island.

This really isn't a big deal. I had originally just offered up the correction. We can move on now.

EDIT:

"...was a former spy of England, also commonly referred to as the United Kingdom, also geographically located on the island of Great Britain "

Now the second may not be an error, it may just be unclear sentence structure. England is NOT commonly referred to as the UK. They are not equivalent.

The UK is NOT geographically located on the island of GB. It geographically INCLUDES GB, as well as part of Ireland. However I admit you may have meant that England is geographically located on the island of Great Britain. It wasn't clear if the subject had changed to UK or if it remained England.

Image result for british isles

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Colluding with an ally , very clever

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, bcking said:

All true.

EDIT:

So I have a question, does the BBC have to change its name?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So I have a question, does the BBC have to change its name?

We've already discussed that "British" is the only term that has questionable applications.

In my view the general consensus has been that it can review to all members of the UK, including Northern Ireland. That doesn't mean Great Britain refers to them all, but generally speaking British does. That is because "Irish" typically refers to citizens of the Republic of Ireland, and there have been polls of Northern Irish and if I remember correctly I believe the majority of them self-identify as "British".

So I'd say no. If they were called "Great Britain's Broadcasting Company" that wouldn't work quite as well since it would be implied that they aren't including Northern Ireland. I'm sure the Northern Irish that pay for a TV license would take issue with that.

See what they do. Hillary gets caught red handed doing what she falsely accused Trump of doing.. and Boom., we are talking about what is really meant by Great Britain for paragraph after mindless paragraph

Stay Woke   Trump derangement syndrome is rampant 

Make America Great again. 

P.S.  the economy is taking off  .. Thank you Obamer.. Not LOL

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

See what they do. Hillary gets caught red handed doing what she falsely accused Trump of doing.. and Boom., we are talking about what is really meant by Great Britain for paragraph after mindless paragraph

Stay Woke   Trump derangement syndrome is rampant 

Make America Great again. 

P.S.  the economy is taking off  .. Thank you Obamer.. Not LOL

We didn't have to spend this long if those who were corrected just left it at that. 

People seemed to try to argue that the words were actually indeed interchangeable when they aren't. That's on them. They were wrong to begin with and it would have been quicker to just accept and move on.

27 minutes ago, bcking said:

We didn't have to spend this long if those who were corrected just left it at that. 

People seemed to try to argue that the words were actually indeed interchangeable when they aren't. That's on them. They were wrong to begin with and it would have been quicker to just accept and move on.

It would be kind of like asking for a Kleenex, getting another brand tissue instead, and then giving a 30 min discourse on the difference.  Yes it wasn't technically a Kleenex and you would be correct to point it out, however everyone in the room knew what they meant and in the end you got your nose blown.  Meanwhile everyone at the party is rolling their eyes and headed back to the bar..

You feel me Bro.. 

Or another example might be arguing what  the meaning of IS is .

Filed: Timeline

Amazon CEO just became the richest man in America today (for the second time).  Guess the Amazon market is alive and well.

Now to be clear, I meant Amazon, the online company, not Amazon the river, which lies in Amazon the forest, but neither are a part of Amazon the company.  In fact, Amazon the company resides on an entirely different continent.  As opposed to incontinent, which is where this thread seems to be headed...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Uh, "English-only outside the regional forums" comes to mind at this point in this thread, for some reason.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).