Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Just now, MZe said:

So you have a standard 221g and they have made you wait 2 years now. I can’t believe it. So the case updated date only changes when you do an inquiry I am guessing ? 

Yes, same typical email. Really, don't know what to do. Now, just want passport back. Any opinion . Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Haseeb alam said:

Aapka kehna theak hai bhai.me to dua krta hun acha ye waqt dhusman k agay bhi na laye. Bhot hi takleef or thaka dene wala process hai or ye bhi nahi pata hota k saalon k intizar k baad wo visa issue krenge bhi ya nahi

I hope so

Hi

Can one someone help me i am in administrative processing one year and 8 days.today i login my ceac panel the principal applicant iv application reponed.top of the page it was written that your ds260 was reopened for 2 times for review!!

I filled out again and submitted 

Recieved an thank you email

Can someone help me regarding this?

2 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

Usually after one year of Interview, you will see this message instead of AP. 

What is your status today Still AP ? And what was it yesterday? 

My brother. From the beginning day of administrative processing. It was stuck on administrative process. Never become changes like ready issued denied or expire.when my 365 days of ap compeleted i just mail embassy for let them know one year completed. After five days i opened randomly my ceac login panel and see my ds 260 was opened. Top of the header it was written you must fill out this. I filled out again and this comes .please see and let me know what will be happen next

_20190408_085346.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Haseeb alam said:

Hi

Can one someone help me i am in administrative processing one year and 8 days.today i login my ceac panel the principal applicant iv application reponed.top of the page it was written that your ds260 was reopened for 2 times for review!!

I filled out again and submitted 

Recieved an thank you email

Can someone help me regarding this?

Typically the embassy will contact you for a fresh ds260 and reopen it for you to update.   I filled out our ds260 before our interview in 2017 and still have not been asked to update it.   I've seen many update it after a year.  

When you sent the inquiry I would be very specific (that way you don't get the same auto response) hopefully they will let you know something soon. InshaAllah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, paki-guy said:

Ok. Go head and keep bothering them every 2 months while on AP with DS-5533. 

BTW, If they want something and forgot it then they will certainly  contact ( phone call or e-mail) the applicant in 98% cases. So may be you are right but it applies to only 2% cases. 

If they did not want to be "bothered" they would not "recommend" on the 221g to contact them every two months.   

Advising someone to wait an entire year before making contact is ludicrous.  

11 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Typically the embassy will contact you for a fresh ds260 and reopen it for you to update.   I filled out our ds260 before our interview in 2017 and still have not been asked to update it.   I've seen many update it after a year.  

When you sent the inquiry I would be very specific (that way you don't get the same auto response) hopefully they will let you know something soon. InshaAllah!

Thanks Man i also hope and pray that as soon as possible i and those who are in administrative more than year should be contacted by embassy

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

So my father in law had his Ir-5 interview, petitioned by my husband, last year Feb 2018. He was given DS-5535 a day after the interview. They told him he doesn't need to submit any additional documentation. Within the last year, we were not requested to provide any updated documentation. 

We contacted our senator for a case update when we reached the one year AP mark on Feb 2019.

In the last 2 weeks, CEAC showed multiple updates. Today we received an email that my father in law has been requested to appear for a re-interview on April 24, 2019 and to print this letter as an appointment letter. The letter does not state if he needs to bring any updated documentation.

So anyone have any input what this can mean?

Should we b e proactive and have him do another medical, updated documents? If so, which ones?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.