Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, dera1234 said:

Appreciate your reply. They dont have my passport although they have my family's passports. I went to a college in USA and have a job lined up through work authorizaton that is granted to internstionl students. If this this takes too long and they havent called my passport yet, I might miss on the job opportunity

interesting. So your case may be different. Are you travelling to USA? IF they havent requested your passport yet, it might mean something different. 

If you are travelling to USA for a job opportunity that you have won already and have a valid visa, why wouldnt you be allowed to travel? I would consult a lawyer in your circumstance instead of relying on people on this forum for input because your travel seems to be dependent on your career and i would hate for you to trust the word of someone like me who isnt a lawyer. 

2 minutes ago, MZe said:

interesting. So your case may be different. Are you travelling to USA? IF they havent requested your passport yet, it might mean something different. 

If you are travelling to USA for a job opportunity that you have won already and have a valid visa, why wouldnt you be allowed to travel? I would consult a lawyer in your circumstance instead of relying on people on this forum for input because your travel seems to be dependent on your career and i would hate for you to trust the word of someone like me who isnt a lawyer. 

Im not worried about not being able to travel. I'm wondering if i travel now, wuld that affect my AP like would it stay longer in AP because i travelled. Im in a tricky situation where If i dont travel soon my job will be gone and ill be only relying my sponsorship visa which im not sure when is gonna come in. do you think second medical means, they are ready to issue visa?

Timeline
Just now, dera1234 said:

Im not worried about not being able to travel. I'm wondering if i travel now, wuld that affect my AP like would it stay longer in AP because i travelled. Im in a tricky situation where If i dont travel soon my job will be gone and ill be only relying my sponsorship visa which im not sure when is gonna come in. do you think second medical means, they are ready to issue visa?

Well if they had your passport, i would think so. Are you going to be working in USA?

Timeline
1 minute ago, dera1234 said:

they have my families passports becasue i recalled my passport when the AP begun last year so i can travel to finish my college. Yes ill be working 

Ask a lawyer if you can travel to USA and they can complete your AP process there as your employer will probably be sponsoring you till then. Again, in your circumstance, i highly suggest reaching out to a lawyer for an opinion. 

13 hours ago, MZe said:

Ask a lawyer if you can travel to USA and they can complete your AP process there as your employer will probably be sponsoring you till then. Again, in your circumstance, i highly suggest reaching out to a lawyer for an opinion. 

AP/security checks will not be completed after visa applicant is in the USA.  Just doesn’t work like that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Any updates from ISB. Looks like nothing is going on for me since june 21st which was an automated reply to an inquiry. They dont even reply to inquires. CR1 isb. Been in ap for 5 months. Questioner has been submitted for 4 months. 

Edited by Isaeed105

Timeline
27 minutes ago, annoyedwaiting said:

Any recent updates from ISB embassy. We have been under AP since June 28 with no updates. Uploaded documents long back.

We had second medical and pics requested. We have been waiting for almost a week now and see no update. They also state not to reach out for at least 4 weeks from the doc submission date. 

Also I have been in AP since last year August.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:33 PM, dera1234 said:

what did you mean by that? Im gonna be on a different visa in usa 

I mean just what I said, in response to the person who suggested asking a lawyer if AP can be completed once in the USA.  That's not how that works.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I mean just what I said, in response to the person who suggested asking a lawyer if AP can be completed once in the USA.  That's not how that works.

How can you be so sure? I know someone who got sponsored by a company while being in AP and travelled to USA.

6 hours ago, MZe said:

How can you be so sure? I know someone who got sponsored by a company while being in AP and travelled to USA.

AP (i.e background/security checks) is the period of time before the visa is issued, before a decision is made.  How did they travel without a visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.