Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, umerdec08 said:

I hope so brother . I am planning to send more Pictures of us to American embassy 

Recently i face this issue.i received call from us embassy islamabad to submit proof of relationship like photos chats.i asked them how to send?they told to do it from American Express.i gather all photos and whatsapp chats and ordered uber premuim service and went to american express.there was a shock waiting for me.i told counter receiptionist that i received call from us embassy and these are documents for submission. She refused to received and asked me to email embassy for send me an email to me asking for these documents.i mean she needs written proof that embassy really asked these documents.than i came back home without sending docs. I took one week more to receive email from embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Haseeb alam said:

I think which paper u r menioning thats 221g ? Have u used it for sending docs before ? 

yes that same paper , and yes I send everything they ask for back in Feb 2019 .

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/5/2019 at 5:17 PM, JennaL said:

Since you're parent's case has been stuck in AP for 2+ years, I would definitely be contacting your state rep. - they may not be able to speed anything up, but they can sometimes get a slightly more detailed response than the average citizen would get.

i tried everything i could from my side. i contact them they got the same response and now they told me to contact after 6 months if no response from embassy. nothing is working at this time.. 😪

11 hours ago, Haseeb alam said:

I am in ap since april 2018.i can better feel your pain.where is your wife right now ? Do u have kids ?

My wife has been in AP since Feb 2018. We recently asked Embassy to return her passport so we can take a trip to Dubai. When we got back they told us not to send passport back until they ask.  Not sure how long this process will take. I have contacted my state senator to inquire on our behalf but same answer everytime. Is there any body else who is in AP from 2017 or early 2018? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Umar - NVC ISB said:

My wife has been in AP since Feb 2018. We recently asked Embassy to return her passport so we can take a trip to Dubai. When we got back they told us not to send passport back until they ask.  Not sure how long this process will take. I have contacted my state senator to inquire on our behalf but same answer everytime. Is there any body else who is in AP from 2017 or early 2018? 

yes my parents are still in AP from June 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/8/2019 at 6:19 PM, Aj3 said:

Hi guys, my wife is an AP since 2017, case updated only I or senator inquired. Asked for the passports which they reuturned. Last week,  case updated by itself. I have no idea what else we can do.

It's a good sign that they updated your case. It might update serveral times before the issue your visa. 

1 hour ago, MZe said:

Has anyone who resubmitted medical upon embassy request have had luck in getting a visa? Trying to get a rough estimate of timeline. 

Can you tell me how long has your case been in AP and when did they ask you for updated medical? I have seen from other cases in this forum that they ask for updated medical when AP is complete and they are ready to issue visa.  

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/8/2019 at 8:51 PM, Umar - NVC ISB said:

My case family immigration case is in AP from 14 months i also contacts my congressman they replied me as attachments below 

E89E3EDF-E186-412F-B668-DD8D06917BAB.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had interview on 2Aug 2019 everything went well the officer said your joint sponsors can't sponsor you you need a new joint sponsor... and gave me 221g , on 221g he didn't marked on new joint sponsor he marked on joint sponsor which i already had but he refused them verbally not on 221g ... at UsTraveldocs courier person said you have to submit only marked items. What should i do ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, SKAli said:

I had interview on 2Aug 2019 everything went well the officer said your joint sponsors can't sponsor you you need a new joint sponsor... and gave me 221g , on 221g he didn't marked on new joint sponsor he marked on joint sponsor which i already had but he refused them verbally not on 221g ... at UsTraveldocs courier person said you have to submit only marked items. What should i do ?

New joint sponser’s docs upload on ceac account 

i see there is long list of immigrants and they are waiting since long as some of them are waiting more than a year. so far how was your experience in dealing with US consulate staff while interview and case processing. i believe, since Trump elections they are discouraging immigrants from certain countries including ours though there isn't official statement but as Trump advocated in his presidential speeches. i haven't seen much candidates from Obama era in forum and heard that in his tenure there was most expedite processing. even separated families were allowed to visit US on non-immigrant visa without much questioning.

lets talk and share candidly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.