Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 12:56 AM, Fish75 said:

Heyy guys i was in ap for 10 months. Finally the status changed to ready. Now it is on ready since july 28 with the date only changing once on august 06. I dont know what to expect 

Can come someone please tell me what i should do?? My case status is stuck on ready for a month now!!! It was in ap for 10 monthss i am sooo worried 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/26/2019 at 8:47 PM, Fish75 said:

Can come someone please tell me what i should do?? My case status is stuck on ready for a month now!!! It was in ap for 10 monthss i am sooo worried 

send them an inquiry and ask for case update,

On 8/27/2019 at 3:13 AM, dera1234 said:

is there a way to confirm if embassy has received our medicals yet?

you can contact them and ask for an update

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dera1234 said:

islamabad

You can contact aeg to confirm the delivery as they ship your docs to them. Hopefully you shipped the docs using AEG

UAN: 111 234 111

Timeline
On 8/27/2019 at 2:12 AM, dera1234 said:

I submitted my medical this past friday the 23rd aug so def no too long ago

Average time i have seen per the threads here is that it may take the embassy anywhere from 2 weeks to 45 days but this is just a figure based on what i have observed. I wouldn't say it to be a realistic value to be dependent on as it could vary from case to case.  So relax and see what happens in the next few weeks :).

2 minutes ago, MZe said:

Average time i have seen per the threads here is that it may take the embassy anywhere from 2 weeks to 45 days but this is just a figure based on what i have observed. I wouldn't say it to be a realistic value to be dependent on as it could vary from case to case.  So relax and see what happens in the next few weeks :).

Can i travel during the wait without any repercussions?

Timeline
Just now, dera1234 said:

Can i travel during the wait without any repercussions?

I would wait if this was their second medical request and they have your passport in hand. You will have to request passport back for international travel.

At the end of the day, it all falls in your lap. You can ask this yourself. Would you be able to wait for up-to 45 days or rather have needs to travel due to reasons beyond the scope of this topic.

1 minute ago, MZe said:

I would wait if this was their second medical request and they have your passport in hand. You will have to request passport back for international travel.

At the end of the day, it all falls in your lap. You can ask this yourself. Would you be able to wait for up-to 45 days or rather have needs to travel due to reasons beyond the scope of this topic.

Appreciate your reply. They dont have my passport although they have my family's passports. I went to a college in USA and have a job lined up through work authorizaton that is granted to internstionl students. If this this takes too long and they havent called my passport yet, I might miss on the job opportunity

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.