MrsSanchez

Interview locations for Cubans

15 posts in this topic

Our k-1 visa application was accepted on 7-20. I expect that it will be approved in the next month or two, at which time it will be forwarded to the embassy where we will interview. Originally that would have been Havana, but they are no longer doing interviews. I read that immigrant visas will be forwarded to Colombia for interviews, but ours is a non immigrant visa. I also read that no visas will be transferred to another embassy, you will need to reapply.  The website said Cubans are welcome to interview at any embassy around the world, but Cubans are not allowed to travel to most countries, so how is this possible? I need to begin making plans for travel, but do not know what country we will be allowed to interview in. 

My question is this- since our application has not yet been approved or sent to Havana, will they instead send it to another country where Cubans are allowed to travel and interview at? Or will they make me reapply even though the application is still in the US? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Fiance visas are considered immigrant visas in Cuba's eyes. K1 visas can be transferred to another embassy as long as you show proof that the Cuban is legally residing in that country; such as the Cuban resident is in a different country for school or work.

Most likely, you'll have your interview at the US Embassy in Bogota, Colombia. Your fiance will need to apply for a tourist/visit visa to Colombia and make arrangements to stay around 3 weeks in Bogota to attend the interview and pick up his visa.

Per The US Embassy Website FAQ's:

What if I would prefer to process my immigrant visa case at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate? Am I required to process my case in Bogota?
While current immigrant visa applications will automatically be transferred to, or scheduled at, the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, immigrant visa applicants may request to process their application, or continue processing their application, at another U.S. embassy or consulate.  Such applicants must provide justification for the case transfer (such as, for example, a move or change in residency to another country) and show that they can legally reside in the country while their case is being processed. Any such request must be forwarded directly to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the chosen U.S. embassy or consulate.  If the U.S. embassy or consulate agrees to accept the case and the case is qualified for scheduling, the case will be transferred. 

Here's more info:

https://cu.usembassy.gov/frequently-asked-questions/

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 10/20/2017 at 11:56 PM, MrsSanchez said:

Our k-1 visa application was accepted on 7-20. I expect that it will be approved in the next month or two, at which time it will be forwarded to the embassy where we will interview. Originally that would have been Havana, but they are no longer doing interviews. I read that immigrant visas will be forwarded to Colombia for interviews, but ours is a non immigrant visa. I also read that no visas will be transferred to another embassy, you will need to reapply.  The website said Cubans are welcome to interview at any embassy around the world, but Cubans are not allowed to travel to most countries, so how is this possible? I need to begin making plans for travel, but do not know what country we will be allowed to interview in. 

My question is this- since our application has not yet been approved or sent to Havana, will they instead send it to another country where Cubans are allowed to travel and interview at? Or will they make me reapply even though the application is still in the US? 

THE WAIT FOR APPROVAL IS ABOUT 6 MONTHS FOR NOA2

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 10/20/2017 at 10:56 PM, MrsSanchez said:

Hello 

Did you have any update info about Cubans interview? They said it will start on January 2018 however I have not see any interview done yet. Thank you. 

t.gift.gifImage result for cuba map

Timeline
On 10/20/2017 at 11:56 PM, MrsSanchez said:

he will need to go to colombia also you need to have 2000.00 in bank they need last 6 statement with that amount room reserve and flight to apply for colombian visa 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ANITA R said:

he will need to go to colombia also you need to have 2000.00 in bank they need last 6 statement with that amount room reserve and flight to apply for colombian visa 

Thank you for your answer

I am confused... The $2000 amount is in an account here in US (under petitioner's name) correct???

Well about the flight and the room's reservation I can understand that is a prove that you are traveling temporary only?

What a weird thing???

Why if Cubans claimed by their spouses in US have a case number for an interview to get a IR visa they also need to bring more stuff. It isn't their fault that the Embassy in Havana is being closed.   So frustrating ........ 

On January 8, 2018 at 11:05 AM, Ilio&DF said:

Hello 

Did you have any update info about Cubans interview? They said it will start on January 2018 however I have not see any interview done yet. Thank you. 

On January 8, 2018 at 11:05 AM, Ilio&DF said:

Hello 

I know of one couple who have gone to Colombia for their interview and were approved just last week. They said it was an easy process. Hopefully we all get interview dates soon. 

Timeline

you have to wait till embassy notifys you then you start to do the process but if you are approvel wait about 10 cal nvc a get the hav# so you can start process 

also yes in you bank acct here 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, MrsSanchez said:

I know of one couple who have gone to Colombia for their interview and were approved just last week. They said it was an easy process. Hopefully we all get interview dates soon. 

Thanks God I also heard about them and I got her blog already . She is so sweet she had gathered all the information she could for us. I think now is all a matter of time to get this done..........

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ANITA R said:

you have to wait till embassy notifys you then you start to do the process but if you are approvel wait about 10 cal nvc a get the hav# so you can start process 

also yes in you bank acct here 

Thank you for your feedback.... I got the guide from this couple that got approved last week in their interview in Bogota. She gathered a lot of info....

If you need the guide I can send it to you later from my pc since I am at work now and I do not have the document on my Pc at work. 

Thank you 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ANITA R said:

Thank you. Yes I am following her blog. I do not have a Fb account. Thank you so much. Chicagomeetshavana is awesome she gathered so much info we need. Thanks God 

Hope you have a great day 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well I´m in Bogota, but my case is different, coz I´m living and working here, my CR-1 application, from the very beggining was mailed and addressed to here Bogota, I understand that the situation that doesn´t allow that the process keeps running normally and the interview and medical exam gets done in Havana, but I wish you good luck i your Journey, by the way, I updated Bogota´s Embassy entry with the latest information.

You can check it here:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Any info that I receive I will update it, but please, keep tuned to this.

This Info of Bogota is also founded here:

https://co.usembassy.gov/es/visas-es/immigrant-visas-es/family-based-immigration-es/immigrant-visa-interview-es/

Y como la gran ,mayoría de los que estamos aquí ene este tópico somos cubanos, esa última info está en español.

And like most of us here in this thread are Cubans, it's the last info in the Spanish version.

February 2016: We met in our jobs.

May 31 2016: We became a couple. :dancing:

August 16 2016: Engaged.

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

CR-1 Visa Journey ... Service Center: Nebraska. Embassy: Bogotá , Colombia.

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Monday, August 21 2017 (Day 1) :  I - 130 sent. 

Monday, August 28 2017 (Day 7) : NOA(Received via e-mail and SMS).  :dance:

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Saturday, March 17 2018 (Day 205) : USCIS RFE  arrived via post mail.

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Wednesday, April 4 2018 (Day 223) : Case Received.

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Monday, June 18 2018 (Day 298) : Full Package sent to NVC via post mail

Tuesday, June 19 2018 (Day 299): DS-260 unlocked to fill it online.

Wednesday, June 20 2018 (Day 300): DS-260 filled online.

Thursday, June 21 2018 (Day 301): Scan Date.

Monday, July 2 2018 (Day 312):  Case Completed and ready for an Interview.

Friday, July 13 2018 (Day 323): Interview Letter Received.:dancing::dance:

Monday, July 23 2018 (Day 333): Case Left NVC.

(U.S Colombian Embassy Stage) :

Monday, August 6 2018 (Day 347): Blood Test and chest X rays. (Done)

Wednesday, August 8 2018 (Day 349): Medical Exam. (Done)

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, August 22 2018 (Day 363): Interview... Approved! :dancing::dance:

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

... "Nobody said it was easy" ... Coldplay: The Scientist Single.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.