2,948 posts in this topic

Just an update on my case. I went for my info pass appointment on Monday. I didn't get the one year I-551 stamp. They only gave me a six-month extension instead. It such a hassle because if they don't hear anything from them by October. I'd have to request another infopass appointment. I checked with the agent and according to her, my case is still sitting in Nebraska, right now they're processing May 2017.  I'm just feeling a little bit down because all the cases that transferred to Nebraska on November 21, 2017 have either been adjudicated or ref. 

45 minutes ago, TK619 said:

Just an update on my case. I went for my info pass appointment on Monday. I didn't get the one year I-551 stamp. They only gave me a six-month extension instead. It such a hassle because if they don't hear anything from them by October. I'd have to request another infopass appointment. I checked with the agent and according to her, my case is still sitting in Nebraska, right now they're processing May 2017.  I'm just feeling a little bit down because all the cases that transferred to Nebraska on November 21, 2017 have either been adjudicated or ref. 

What is your situation? N400? Rfe?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
23 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

Awww thank you so much. I got the RFE letter on December 26th (yeah day after Christmas and it was really frustrating and depressing at the same time) and it's Vermont Service Center. They've asked a lot of documentations and there were some that I do not have, so I just had to explain why I don't have any to present and I have written it on my cover letter. Had to mail it on March and even encountered a big problem with USPS and wasted almost a week because of that. So I had to ask my husband to pick it up and have it mailed elsewhere and he paid $100+ for it but USCIS got the mail a day after. Likewise, it was a good thing that I didn't file for Citizenship yet because I know that it might cause a delay if I did.

So u got rfe Dec 26th and u mailed response 3 months later in March? I'm glad you are all set and everything and congrats but why would u wait 3 months tho?

1 hour ago, David1987 said:

So u got rfe Dec 26th and u mailed response 3 months later in March? I'm glad you are all set and everything and congrats but why would u wait 3 months tho?

Thanks but it didn't take me three months to send it all in. I had to gather everything that I could and put it all together. I don't owe anyone an explanation and I am sorry but I don't know what you are trying to imply. Forgive me to say this, but it doesn't really matter how long you have responded to the RFE letter as long as it gets approved. Sorry but I am not trying to be mean or something. I just couldn't imagine to be questioned like this by someone that I don't even know.

Edited by kenzo_gal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
4 minutes ago, kenzo_gal said:

Thanks but it didn't take me three months to send it all in. I had to gather everything that I could and put it all together. I don't owe anyone an explanation and I am sorry but I don't know what you are trying to imply. Forgive me to say this, but it doesn't really matter how long you have responded to the RFE letter as long as it gets approved. Sorry but I am not trying to be mean or something. I just couldn't imagine to be questioned like this by someone that I don't even know.

This wasn't meant to be personal and I apologise it was taken this way. I'm only asking because I thought you had to respond with 3 weeks and wondered if something got screwy at USCIS. 

9 hours ago, TK619 said:

I know how frustrating it is to hear nothing as to this time. Anyways, I came across this one and thought I would share it with you (just in case you haven't seen it yet). This one is for your service center (Nebraska).

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Screenshot_20190502-202218_Samsung Internet.jpg

15 minutes ago, David1987 said:

This wasn't meant to be personal and I apologise it was taken this way. I'm only asking because I thought you had to respond with 3 weeks and wondered if something got screwy at USCIS. 

It's okay. I also had a problem with USPS with my mail since it kept coming back to our post office twice, so I had a few people handle the filed case for that and eventually had to let my husband pick it up and have it mailed somewhere else, thus gave me such a delay but I was glad that I had a tracking number. Based on the RFE letter, they gave me up to March 23rd and not three weeks.

Screenshot_20190502-202725_Gallery.jpg

4 hours ago, David1987 said:

I got 90 days to submit more evidence. That's the maximum.

I did actually use most of that time. I gathered more current electric bills (the older ones only had my husband's name on them, because the bottom portion with both names has to be returned with payment), I was able to file taxes and then get an IRS transcript, I was able to think for a while about all the stuff I had that I hadn't previously thought aof (christmas and anniversary cards addresses to both of us, WhatsApp message protocol from when I visited Family, pictures of the progress we made on our property - different buildings/projects and individual progress updates).

I was glad to have as much time to really gather everything I could and ponder for a while if there was anything I hadn't thought of.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/1/2019 at 8:08 PM, 6999miles said:

Case online status updated today! 

"On May 1, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization"

Finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Can you give us an update on your interview? So how did it go?

Edited by phjs

17 hours ago, phjs said:

Can you give us an update on your interview? So how did it go?

My interview will be on June 5, 2019! Will share my experience once it's over. 

Removal of Condition Timeline 

09/22/2017: 90 Day Window Opened

09/29/2017: I-751 Package Mailed to USPS

10/02/2017: I-751 Package Delivered to CSC

10/04/2017: Check Cashed

10/06/2017: NOA1 Received (Dated 10/02/2017)

10/16/2017: Biometrics Letter Received (Dated 10/06/2017)

10/25/2017: Biometrics Appointment at 11:00 am (Took only 15 minutes)

08/17/2018: 18 Months Extension Letter Received (Dated 08/11/2018)

01/03/2019: Transfer Notice to Lee Missouri Received (Dated 12/20/2018)

06/05/2019: Interview conducted but still have to wait for an approval. Case Status Changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

06/06/2019: Case Status Changed to "Case was Approved"

06/06/2019: Approval Notice Received (Dated 06/05/2019)

N400 Timeline

09/22/2018: Eligible to Apply

09/26/2018: N400 Application Submitted Online

09/27/2018: Received Receipt Notice

09/29/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/19/2018: Biometrics Appointment

05/01/2019: Case Status Changed to "Interview Scheduled"

05/06/2019: Received Interview Letter

06/05/2019: Interview - Approved

06/10/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

06/27/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" 

06/28/2019: Oath Ceremony Notice was uploaded on my USCIS account

07/25/2019: Oath Ceremony

3 hours ago, March777277 said:

Is it normal to receive an interview notice without rfe before?

I'm actually not sure about that. I didn't get any RFE, just N400 and I-751 combo interview.

Removal of Condition Timeline 

09/22/2017: 90 Day Window Opened

09/29/2017: I-751 Package Mailed to USPS

10/02/2017: I-751 Package Delivered to CSC

10/04/2017: Check Cashed

10/06/2017: NOA1 Received (Dated 10/02/2017)

10/16/2017: Biometrics Letter Received (Dated 10/06/2017)

10/25/2017: Biometrics Appointment at 11:00 am (Took only 15 minutes)

08/17/2018: 18 Months Extension Letter Received (Dated 08/11/2018)

01/03/2019: Transfer Notice to Lee Missouri Received (Dated 12/20/2018)

06/05/2019: Interview conducted but still have to wait for an approval. Case Status Changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

06/06/2019: Case Status Changed to "Case was Approved"

06/06/2019: Approval Notice Received (Dated 06/05/2019)

N400 Timeline

09/22/2018: Eligible to Apply

09/26/2018: N400 Application Submitted Online

09/27/2018: Received Receipt Notice

09/29/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/19/2018: Biometrics Appointment

05/01/2019: Case Status Changed to "Interview Scheduled"

05/06/2019: Received Interview Letter

06/05/2019: Interview - Approved

06/10/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

06/27/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" 

06/28/2019: Oath Ceremony Notice was uploaded on my USCIS account

07/25/2019: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.