Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 9/15/2018 at 12:17 AM, Jaimekr08 said:

Any Seattle filers on here? Still nothing back on my I-485... I heard some rumors that the Seattle office is apparently focusing on employment based I-485s? Might just be chitter chatter.. but here hasnt been any updated timelines for interviews since May 😓

Seattle filer here... no news so far :( 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We finally got my husband's interview letter last week. Busy getting everything together now for the interview, which is to be on October 11th, 2018. :)

Filed I-129F: 2016-12-21

I-129F NOA1: 2017-01-03

I-129F NOA2: 2017-04-12

NVC Received: 2017-05-04

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-05-04

Left NVC: 2017-05-05

Consulate Received: 2017-05-08

Packet 3 Received: 2017-06-30

Packet 4 Received: 2017-07-11

Interview APPROVED: 2017-07-25

Visa in hand: 2017-07-31

US Entry: 2017-08-16

Marriage: 2017-09-08

-------------------------------

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 2017-10-27

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 2017-11-01

Biometrics: 2017-11-21

EAD/AP Electronic Approvals: 2018-02-23

EAD/AP I-797 Paper Approvals: 2018-03-01

I have not posted to this in a while just wanted to update everyone that I received my Green Card. For new viewers I am married to a USC and I filed from West Palm Beach Florida. Below was my timeline :-

AOS Packet sent 9/30/2017

Received 10/4/17

Confirmation Text 10/17/17 for i485, i130, i131

NOA1 10/25/17

Biometrics Mail 10/25/17

Confirmation Text 11/2/17 for I765 ( I got a RFE saying that I did not pay when I did so it was their error)
Biometrics 11/09/2017

Advanced Parole Approved 1/18/18

AP delivered 1/22/18

Case ready to be scheduled for an interview 3/15/18

Interview Scheduled 7/30/18

Interview 9/6/18

Case Approved and Card Mailed 9/7/18

Card Received 9/11/18

Process took roughly almost a year, interview was not bad at all, our officer was very nice, asked basic questions mainly personal ones like full name and parents name in which he asked both my wife and I. We had sent in the majority of information from the very beginning had to provide an updated physical, I had already done and updated tax documents, but other than that, that was it for us.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, rlondon said:

I have not posted to this in a while just wanted to update everyone that I received my Green Card. For new viewers I am married to a USC and I filed from West Palm Beach Florida. Below was my timeline :-

AOS Packet sent 9/30/2017

Received 10/4/17

Confirmation Text 10/17/17 for i485, i130, i131

NOA1 10/25/17

Biometrics Mail 10/25/17

Confirmation Text 11/2/17 for I765 ( I got a RFE saying that I did not pay when I did so it was their error)
Biometrics 11/09/2017

Advanced Parole Approved 1/18/18

AP delivered 1/22/18

Case ready to be scheduled for an interview 3/15/18

Interview Scheduled 7/30/18

Interview 9/6/18

Case Approved and Card Mailed 9/7/18

Card Received 9/11/18

Process took roughly almost a year, interview was not bad at all, our officer was very nice, asked basic questions mainly personal ones like full name and parents name in which he asked both my wife and I. We had sent in the majority of information from the very beginning had to provide an updated physical, I had already done and updated tax documents, but other than that, that was it for us.

You mention the updated physical. I assume that you did not send in your AOS before it expired? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, rlondon said:

I did, it expired before my interview was scheduled. It expired a month before the interview was scheduled

Ok, so you are saying that you applied for AOS while it was still valid, and only at the time of your interview it was not valid.

So that is the case where I'm in currently. I applied for my AOS as soon as I could, so well within the expiry date, and I was told a few times here that that means you so NOT need an updated medical even if your interview falls after it.

So what you are saying is, even though you were within those bounds, they still requested an updated medical?

I need to get one done then. It seems a bit off, though. And it sucks a lot.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We also had to redo my husband's medical because it expired before his interview date as well. Yay for another $400 bucks... 😛

Filed I-129F: 2016-12-21

I-129F NOA1: 2017-01-03

I-129F NOA2: 2017-04-12

NVC Received: 2017-05-04

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-05-04

Left NVC: 2017-05-05

Consulate Received: 2017-05-08

Packet 3 Received: 2017-06-30

Packet 4 Received: 2017-07-11

Interview APPROVED: 2017-07-25

Visa in hand: 2017-07-31

US Entry: 2017-08-16

Marriage: 2017-09-08

-------------------------------

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 2017-10-27

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 2017-11-01

Biometrics: 2017-11-21

EAD/AP Electronic Approvals: 2018-02-23

EAD/AP I-797 Paper Approvals: 2018-03-01

57 minutes ago, moosy said:

Ok, so you are saying that you applied for AOS while it was still valid, and only at the time of your interview it was not valid.

So that is the case where I'm in currently. I applied for my AOS as soon as I could, so well within the expiry date, and I was told a few times here that that means you so NOT need an updated medical even if your interview falls after it.

So what you are saying is, even though you were within those bounds, they still requested an updated medical?

I need to get one done then. It seems a bit off, though. And it sucks a lot.

Yup he was very adamant about it, once the medical has expired I've read some instances where it was overlooked but I did not want to delay my case any further so I just got it redone, the second time I did not pay as much.

Timeline

Thank you guys for this update. I was looking for this as mine is expired and have my interview next month. Glad I checked up front. I am not very happy about the 400 dollars bookwormbelle mentioned, but I am hoping this might be covered by my insurance; I will have to ask them. I am assuming it is not.

Edited by moosy

@rlondon - did you adjust from a k1? and if so, did your officer know that a medical is already in your file?

@moosy - in my case, i adjusted from a k1. I had my k1 medical done in july 2017. I submitted the sealed envelope at poe in sep 2017. I submitted my aos in oct 2017. My interview was aug 2018. Several VJ members has told me that you get one year from medical date to aos submission and then as long as you submit before the year is up, your medical remains valid for another year while you wait for your interview. the interview letter says “bring medical if not yet submitted”. i did not bring a new medical to my interview. the officer who interviewed me did ask me for a new medical but when i explained that i am adjusting from a k1 and that i submitted my medical at poe and a copy of my vaccination form with my aos, he acknowledged that he remembered seeing a copy of my medical form somewhere (it was not in the physical file he was holding during my interview) and he specifically mentioned that i did not need a new medical since i was a k1. Now of course, this is just my experience and officers and even local office procedures may vary as to how they interpret medical validity so take this for what it’s worth. you are free to decide what makes you feel comfortable heading to your interview.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

4 hours ago, doggieandsam said:

@rlondon - did you adjust from a k1? and if so, did your officer know that a medical is already in your file?

@moosy - in my case, i adjusted from a k1. I had my k1 medical done in july 2017. I submitted the sealed envelope at poe in sep 2017. I submitted my aos in oct 2017. My interview was aug 2018. Several VJ members has told me that you get one year from medical date to aos submission and then as long as you submit before the year is up, your medical remains valid for another year while you wait for your interview. the interview letter says “bring medical if not yet submitted”. i did not bring a new medical to my interview. the officer who interviewed me did ask me for a new medical but when i explained that i am adjusting from a k1 and that i submitted my medical at poe and a copy of my vaccination form with my aos, he acknowledged that he remembered seeing a copy of my medical form somewhere (it was not in the physical file he was holding during my interview) and he specifically mentioned that i did not need a new medical since i was a k1. Now of course, this is just my experience and officers and even local office procedures may vary as to how they interpret medical validity so take this for what it’s worth. you are free to decide what makes you feel comfortable heading to your interview.

No i was not adjusting from k1, a medical was included he did acknowledge the first one he looked at the dates and mentioned that the medical had expired and I would need an updated one, so i passed him the updated one, a relative of mine experienced the same but did not want to retake the medical, left the interview with a RFE for the updated medical and had to mail it in. Not every office is going to be the same so i do suggest verifying whatever way you can. Two things the officer said to us were that they are now checking for valid medical and most recent tax return filed jointly 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Anyone that submitted the EAD and AP renewal has a reply? 

I submitted mine beginning of August, on 17th of August the status changed to Fingerprint Review Was Completed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ana&Matt said:

Anyone that submitted the EAD and AP renewal has a reply? 

I submitted mine beginning of August, on 17th of August the status changed to Fingerprint Review Was Completed.

PD was September 10th. Status is the same... also got a letter in the mail today confirming that a second biometrics appointment will not be necessary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.