I had my interview yesterday. Here is my timeline:

10/10/2017: Sent I485, I130, I765, I131and medical examination forms

11/06/2017: Biometrics done.

12/22/2017: EAD and AP approved

01/02/2018: Received my Combo card

Nothing happened for 8 months. 

08/13/2018: Sent EAD Renewal form

08/16/2018: Received Interview notice 

09/25/2018: Interview done, I130 and I485 approved. Card being produced.

Total processing time from bigining to the end: 11.5 months.

Interview was easy and the DHS officer was super duper friendly, he asked us how we met and after we said we met eachother in an irish bar, he said you are approved! He asked me some crazy questions from my I485 form like have you killed/tortured somebody? or have you ever committed a crime and did not get arrested for it? Or have you ever tried to overthrow US government? That kinda crazy sht. After that, he gave me a piece of paper about removing conditions from my gc after 2 years. He updated our application file online to “new card is being produced”.

He looked at our photo album in the hallway when he was guiding us outside. He was nice to us and our interview was a happy one, probably because both of us (me and my wife) are young, healthy and good looking!

I just want to add that We saw some other couples in the waiting room who were look suspicious! For example a young asian lady around 25 yo with an old man around 45 yo on a wheelchair! Two couples with their lawyers, I don’t know what was their deal, but one of the lawyers lost her sht and told her clients to leave before their Interview. The other lawyer was too cowboy for being an immigration lawyer. 

If you are going to have your interview and you are not a fraud, put on a casual formal dress and be happy. Do not worry about Trump! United States is full of decent people who love diversity and appreciate honesty.

Sorry for the long post, wish yall happy evening. 

Which documents did they ask for? if any.

Hi, I’m F2A with PD 8/11/16, which just became current this VB. However I’m reading a footnote saying “*NOTE: For October, F2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are authorized for issuance to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 01AUG16”

does this mean that even though my chart is showing it’s current they are only issuing for dates before 8/1? Also can my interview be scheduled now in October based on this?

As a side note, I applied for AOS on 10/16/17 and just received my EAD approval notice last week (still haven’t gotten it) and yes, it took me 347 days to get it approved with no RFE

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/1/2018 at 3:17 PM, SinceCCS said:

Hi all,

I've been a ghost user looking for help on this forum throughout the process, but just wanted to share my experience.

NOA1: October 31st 2017.

Biometrics: early december (sorry don't remember exact date, we had to reschedule once from late november)

EAD approval: January 20th 2018

EAD received: January 27th 2018

Interview notice: July 25th 2018

Interview: September 11 2018.

GC approval letter: September 14 2018. 

GC received: September  17 2018.

Note: My husband was not eligible to apply for AP so he only got the EAD card. 

Our process was pretty smooth with no RFEs or anything like that, but it was still nerve-racking waiting for updates from USCIS. 

My local field office was Newark, NJ.

Just based on what my lawyer had told me, and other friend's experience around the area, I was not expecting to have my interview scheduled until past the one year mark, so we were surprised when we got our interview notice in July. 

Just to share my interview experience, it went pretty smoothly. 

My husband couldn't remember my mom's name, but the officer didn't seem to care that much about that.

Other than that, he asked how we met, when we decided to marry each other, and why we didn't get married sooner.

Then he asked questions straight from the documents we submitted and asked for supporting documents.

I took our health insurance and car insurance documents, A print-out showing my husband as the primary beneficiary on my life and retirement account, joint bank statements, travel itineraries with both our names on it.

He took all of it.

He also asked for the originals of our birth certificates and marriage certificates. He also took some pictures from our photo album.

At the end he gave us a print-out stating that he cannot make a final decision at this point. But he verbally told us that he would most likely approve our case.

I read on most of the forums that they got an email of approval that very day or at least the next day so when we didn't get our email that day or the next day I started to freak out, but we got our approval email and mail in 3 days. 

The green card arrived less than a week since our interview, which was a pleasant surprise. 

So now we're done for now, at least for the next two years. 

Good luck everyone,

Why was your husband not eligible for AP?

Which Yes/No questions were asked from the I-485?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

PD 23 Oct 2017.

RFE in Dec.

AP/EAD jan 2018.

Interview 21 Aug.

2nd/stok interview 3 Oct 2018.

Approved same day.

Status updated card was mailed 5 OCT. 

Timeline
On 10/5/2018 at 11:00 PM, cheema1 said:

PD 23 Oct 2017.

RFE in Dec.

AP/EAD jan 2018.

Interview 21 Aug.

Approved same day.

My RD is 10/4/17. However, my RFIE was on 4/30/18. Wonder why it took so long?

Was your interview family based?

On 10/6/2018 at 12:00 AM, cheema1 said:

PD 23 Oct 2017.

RFE in Dec.

AP/EAD jan 2018.

Interview 21 Aug.

Approved same day.

Not many people have the 2nd interview, would you mind sharing a bit about your experience?

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Martella&T said:

Not many people have the 2nd interview, would you mind sharing a bit about your experience?

Yes not many people have 2nd. It was family based petition. IO was looking satisfied in my first interview but i got letter for 2nd interview. Me and my wife went to office around 7:45am. IO call us on 9:00am. First he explained about this intetview then he sent my wife to seprate room. He asked me many questions about our routine life like what we did yesterday, color of microwave etc. Then he call my wife and sent me in seprate room. After finish my wife he call me in office and showed us different answers. They were not a lot only three answers were different. Like color of microwave, what she brought in my house at wedding day and how long my wife stayed her last address before marriage. 

IO asked explanation on these questions why were different answers. We explained.

He said he will mail you decesion. We were upset but after three hours status updated that we are approved.

10 minutes ago, cheema1 said:

Yes not many people have 2nd. It was family based petition. IO was looking satisfied in my first interview but i got letter for 2nd interview. Me and my wife went to office around 7:45am. IO call us on 9:00am. First he explained about this intetview then he sent my wife to seprate room. He asked me many questions about our routine life like what we did yesterday, color of microwave etc. Then he call my wife and sent me in seprate room. After finish my wife he call me in office and showed us different answers. They were not a lot only three answers were different. Like color of microwave, what she brought in my house at wedding day and how long my wife stayed her last address before marriage. 

IO asked explanation on these questions why were different answers. We explained.

He said he will mail you decesion. We were upset but after three hours status updated that we are approved.

Thank you for sharing! I am glad everything worked out well. But it must have been a very stressful experience. Not everybody pays attention to detail and it's so easy to make mistakes. My husband drives me insane not remembering a lot of things and he claims that an officer will be understanding because everybody forgets 😂

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Anyone file for I-131 after filing for I-485? If so, what's the wait time? Besides I131 is there any other documents we need to file? 

Can my fiance travel outside the US for pleasure, rather than a family emergency? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SinceCCS said:

He was out of status when we submitted our documents so he was not eligible to get an ap.

He asked almost all the questions from the i485.

Oh ok. I think technically he would get approved but he would trigger a 3/10 years ban.

Does the IO ask to explain further why he answered this way meaning ‘No’?

Timeline
On 10/7/2018 at 8:55 PM, cheema1 said:

It would be sad to get denied based on wrong color of microwave.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.