Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

Visa status changed to issued this morning! :)

Congratulations @Salty2305! That's brilliant news to end the week.
Our's just landed from NVC and updated to "Ready" this morning. Hopefully we'll get a Packet 3 letter soon :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know here I could find answers of my questions.

So being the beneficiary, my passport from home country (not Canadian, I am permanent resident here in Canada) is expiring on June 27th next year. And passport should be valid 6 months at time of POE. The renewal from Canada (the fastest possible) is 2 months :rolleyes: Except that they are taking back the old passport, once the new one is issued...

And my questions:

1) If visa is issued to my old passport how can I use it with my new one?

2) Or should I try to renew before the interview?

3) If so how can I notify them for the new passport if they have everywhere my old passport number?

Do I have any other option?

Spoiler

I-129F sent - April 24th 2017     CSC date received - April 27th 2017   NOA1 date - May 1st 2017

RFE - CSC sent October 2nd (case tracker shows 27th September)  RFE - received October 5th  RFE - sent back to CSC  October 6th  RFE- CSC received -October 7th (case tracker shows October 13th) 

NOA2 date - October 18th 2017(case tracker shows October 19th), NOA2 Hard copy -October 24th;  NVC #assigned - November 15th NVC left November 21st

Consulate received - November 28th Packet 3 sent - December 18th; Packet 4 received - December 22nd; Medical exam - January 3rd 2018; Interview -January 17th 2018 APPROVED

Visa issued - January 18th Visa delivered - January 19th POE - January 28th

AOS+EAD+AP

Package sent Feb 23rd 2018, Delivered Feb 26th 2018, NOA1 - text and email confirmations March 8th 2018, NOA1 - hard copies received March 12th 2018

Biometrics appointement - March 30th 2018 (requests received March 16th), 2nd Biometrics appointment for EAD for one of my K2s - April 16 2018

New card is being prepared for I-765 - August 13 2018 (online status), Card is mailed - August 16 2018 (online status), Received approvals for i-130 and i-765, also letter for interview - August 17 2018, Status updated to USPS received your Card - August 17 2018, EAD/AP combo cards received in mailbox - August 18 2018,

SSN cards(K1+K2) received in mailbox August 20 2018

Interview - August 29 2018 Green card for me K1 received September 7th 2018, K2s received 2 weeks later

20 minutes ago, Stela&Eli said:

So being the beneficiary, my passport from home country (not Canadian, I am permanent resident here in Canada) is expiring on June 27th next year. And passport should be valid 6 months at time of POE. The renewal from Canada (the fastest possible) is 2 months :rolleyes: Except that they are taking back the old passport, once the new one is issued...

And my questions:

3) If so how can I notify them for the new passport if they have everywhere my old passport number?

From all that I know, they will only take the passport to issue the new one.  You will get it back.  I have gotten my old one back after renew and Monica has gotten all of hers back.  The will punch it so that it can not be used again, but you need it for all of the stamps that you may have in it.  I see that you have gotten your NOA2, what is your home country?  Are you going to your embassy there in Canada?  You have some time before the interview to renew it.  I would probably start that process now to get it done.  

12 November 2016 (Sat): First meeting - Hong Kong/Macau

11 February 2017 (Sat): Second meeting - Philippines

14 February 2017 (Tue): Engaged

K-1 Process:

Spoiler

24 March 2017 (Fri): i-129f sent

28 March 2017 (Tue): i-129f received - NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 NOTICE DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 email/text confirmation

7 April 2017 (Fri): NOA1 Hard-copy

15 August 2017 (Tue): RFE notification

19 August 2017 (Sat): RFE Hard-copy received and returned.

6 September 2017 (Thur): NOA2 Email/Text 

11 September 2017 (Mon): NOA2 Hard Copy received.

20 September 2017 (Wed): NVC Received, Case Number Assigned

25 September 2017 (Mon): NVC Shows In Transit to Embassy

26 September 2017 (Tue): NVC Shows Ready 

3 October 2017 (Mon): Medical at SLEC

16 October 2017 (Mon): Interview Schedule

15 December 2017 (Fri): POE - Seattle

27 December 2017 (Wed): Married my love

AOS Process:
Spoiler
23 January 2018 (Tue): AOS and EAD Packets sent
26 January 2018 (Fri): Package Delivered to PO Box
2 February 2018 (Fri): I-485 NOA1
14 February 2018 (Wed): EAD Rejected
15 February 2018 (Thur): EAD Remailed 
16 February 2018 (Fri): Bio-Metrics Done
15 March 2018 (Thur): EAD Rejected Again
16 March 2018 (Fri): EAD Mailed Again
30 March 2018 (Fri):  INFOPass Appointment re: EAD
5 April 2018 (Thur):  Text and Email that EAD Accepted
10 April 2018 (Wed): NOA1 EAD Received
12 May 2018 (Sat): Interview Letter Received
15 May 2018 (Tue): Email & Text - Card in Production - EAD
25 May 2018 (Fri): EAD Card Received 
13 June 2018 (Wed): Interview Scheduled - Approved!!
19 June 2018 (Tue): AOS Approval Letter received
21 June 2018 (Thur):  Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step - Removing Conditions in 2020!!
KeithMonica.jpg.db958e6dfc9412e7667bec786358d620.jpg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Keith & Monica said:

From all that I know, they will only take the passport to issue the new one.  You will get it back.  I have gotten my old one back after renew and Monica has gotten all of hers back.  The will punch it so that it can not be used again, but you need it for all of the stamps that you may have in it.  I see that you have gotten your NOA2, what is your home country?  Are you going to your embassy there in Canada?  You have some time before the interview to renew it.  I would probably start that process now to get it done.  

They will not give it back, I asked them :( I don't have any stamps. Certainly I can try to renew it prior to interview, but will the consulate accept it and how should I let them now? I thought I could send a cover letter with my packet 3 and ask for next steps. My home country is Bulgaria and we have a consulate here in Toronto and they are really slow...

Edited by Stela&Eli
Spoiler

I-129F sent - April 24th 2017     CSC date received - April 27th 2017   NOA1 date - May 1st 2017

RFE - CSC sent October 2nd (case tracker shows 27th September)  RFE - received October 5th  RFE - sent back to CSC  October 6th  RFE- CSC received -October 7th (case tracker shows October 13th) 

NOA2 date - October 18th 2017(case tracker shows October 19th), NOA2 Hard copy -October 24th;  NVC #assigned - November 15th NVC left November 21st

Consulate received - November 28th Packet 3 sent - December 18th; Packet 4 received - December 22nd; Medical exam - January 3rd 2018; Interview -January 17th 2018 APPROVED

AOS+EAD+AP

Package sent Feb 23rd 2018, Delivered Feb 26th 2018, NOA1 - text and email confirmations March 8th 2018, NOA1 - hard copies received March 12th 2018

Biometrics appointement - March 30th 2018 (requests received March 16th), 2nd Biometrics appointment for EAD for one of my K2s - April 16 2018

New card is being prepared for I-765 - August 13 2018 (online status), Card is mailed - August 16 2018 (online status), Received approvals for i-130 and i-765, also letter for interview - August 17 2018, Status updated to USPS received your Card - August 17 2018, EAD/AP combo cards received in mailbox - August 18 2018,

Interview - August 29 2018 Green card for me K1 received September 7th 2018, K2s received 2 weeks later

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stela&Eli said:

And my questions:

I think you should renew your passport ASAP, because otherwise you HAVE to have your POE before Dec. 27 and if you just got your NOA2 (depending how long NVC and Canada is taking right now), you might not be ready in time.  Back in the summer it took me 5 weeks to get a number from NVC because some people from Canada were being input in their new electronic system and it was taking longer than the typical 10-14 days.  I'm not sure if it is going faster now or how far out most interviews are being booked.  Either way you will end up being delayed if you can't make that POE date (ie you either renew now and delay the interview or renew after interview if you can't make that date and delay POE- but then you have the hassle of figuring out how to get your visa in your new passport).  If you decide to renew now, just make sure you don't book an interview until you have your new passport because the passport you book your interview has to match what you use.  If you need to change your passport number, then you have to cancel and reschedule the interview and they don't make guarantees that your previous spot will still be open.  Maybe you will get lucky though and get through everything fast.... Definitely look on the Canadian portal and look at other Canadians who have recently had interviews and see what their timelines are like from NOA2 until interview.  I can only speak from my own (slow) experience that took from May 19- August 9 between the two.  

Edited by eastcoastgroove

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rae Bulin said:

Hey guys!

My fiancé is about to send his notification for readiness... We are just gathering all of our info. I had one quick question about the financial evidence. The checklist says to provide an affidavit and federal income tax returns. I am only a student so my grandma is sponsoring my fiancé... She has filled out an affadavit for him. Is she required to provide tax returns as well or is that for me? 

I moved abroad after university and have been away for 4 years. So I haven't payed US taxes... I did pay taxes in the countries I was working in (China, Germany, Thailand). So if the federal tax return requirement is for me, would we just explain that I've never worked in the states and that I've been abroad? Would the affadavit be enough?

Hope I'm making sense...

Thank you!

You should provide anything that you have as evidence of income. She can answer that you have been at school away from the USA for a while. But both you and your grandma should send in as much evidence of income that you have as possible.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I think you should renew your passport ASAP, because otherwise you HAVE to have your POE before Dec. 27 and if you just got your NOA2 (depending how long NVC and Canada is taking right now), you might not be ready in time.  Back in the summer it took me 5 weeks to get a number from NVC because some people from Canada were being input in their new electronic system and it was taking longer than the typical 10-14 days.  I'm not sure if it is going faster now or how far out most interviews are being booked.  Either way you will end up being delayed if you can't make that POE date (ie you either renew now and delay the interview or renew after interview if you can't make that date and delay POE- but then you have the hassle of figuring out how to get your visa in your new passport).  If you decide to renew now, just make sure you don't book an interview until you have your new passport because the passport you book your interview has to match what you use.  If you need to change your passport number, then you have to cancel and reschedule the interview and they don't make guarantees that your previous spot will still be open.  

Thank you! I just called Bulgarian consulate again, and they told me in case I need to keep my old passport to use the visa for POE I should fill in some declaration and I could keep both old and new one! In that case checking on uscis web site it seems that I can show on POE both passports - old one with visa on it and the new one as a valid document, am I right?

Spoiler

AOS+EAD+AP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stela&Eli said:

And my questions:

Hi ! you need to ask professional advice of a lawyer to avoid problems  .. in such a special case we  unlikely to help

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stela&Eli said:

Thank you! I just called Bulgarian consulate again, and they told me in case I need to keep my old passport to use the visa for POE I should fill in some declaration and I could keep both old and new one! In that case checking on uscis web site it seems that I can show on POE both passports - old one with visa on it and the new one as a valid document, am I right?

Oh great news that they will give it back!! Hopefully you get through within that time so you don't have to worry, but I do think you would be okay showing both passports at POE if need be. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline
On 10/17/2017 at 11:41 AM, SegunMatt said:

My fiance called me on the phone full of excitement after his interview. We are APPROVED! He said the Officer was real nice and very conversational. She said she would ask 4 questions and ended up asking him over 20 questions in a very subtle manner. Who petitioned you? What does she do? Has she ever been married? Kids? How old? Birthdays? What address will you live at in the US? When and how did you meet your fiance? What are your wedding plans? Why the courthouse? How many times has your fiance visited Nigeria? When did you get engage? What are the dates of your fiance's visit to Nigeria after you started dating? Asked for recent pictures. Pointed to my mom and asked who is this? Where's this located? Any pics including your family? Showed more pics. He told me that the waiting was very excruciating with all the different lines. He arrived an hour earlier at 6am for a 7am scheduled interview and didn't complete the interview process until 10:30am. I'm so glad to finished with the interview and now we wait for the visa to be in hand and then POE (Atlanta, GA).

Congratulations to everyone that is making progress with their K-1 Visa journey and my prayers are with those of you that are waiting for progress. Just know that it will come and that it's all worth it.

Apologies for the delay, I am very happy for you two, congratulations for sure. :) 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

We were approved today! Interview went pretty smoothly.  She will get her visa in a week or two. Next stop, POE!. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Congratulations!! 

7 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

Visa status changed to issued this morning! :)

Congrats!!! I hope it arrives soon!!

5 hours ago, S*UK said:

I actually can't believe it but last night, just 2 days after the interview, my case status changed to: ISSUED after being in AP for one day.

super happy right now! 

Good luck to everyone with medical and interviewing soon and also to those still in AP after their interview

That's amazing! So quick! I hope it gets to you soon!

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

Timeline

After being 'In Transit' last night, our status changed to 'Ready' while I was sleeping! Also while I was sleeping, Sam booked his medical for the 1st of November! Things are happening! 

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.