Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

We never got packet 3, but they sent us a link in the email with the instructions.  It was a pretty straightforward checklist which is why it was so fast for us.  It might be country specific though.

The same day the NVC package was electronically transferred to the Pristina Embassy they sent an email to my fiancee with what would amount to the contents of both packet 3 and 4 saying to reply to the email to acknowledge the interview date that was already listed in the email. She replied with "Thank You" and they called her to see if she had any questions. They cleared up a lot of misconceptions she had about her documents for the interview. Even quicker than I expected and I expected it to be quick.

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
45 minutes ago, An&In said:

Did you email the embassy to request this?

No, they sent the email without prompting. Pretty awesome. 

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

So we had our interview in London today and I’ll write a full review once I’m back home and at my laptop.

Long story short, I was given a 221g as my medical results had not reached the embassy yet. Confirmed with Knightsbridge that they have now arrived at the embassy today. So irritated with myself that now I’m back to worrying about if we will be approved. I was desperately hoping to hear on the spot but instead I had an insinuation that we would be approved once the medical results had been received. 

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like everything else went well apart from the medical results?

8 days (5 working days) between your medical and your interview should've been ample time, shouldn't it? Isn't that longer than usual? Do you know why they took 8 days to send your medical results?

Have a safe journey home. x

Edited by June2017UK

Timeline
10 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like everything else went well apart from the medical results?

8 days (5 working days) between your medical and your interview should've been ample time, shouldn't it? Isn't that longer than usual? Do you know why they took 8 days to send your medical results?

Have a safe journey home. x

I sent additional vaccine records over as requested during our medical and apparently any updates means the case is pulled from the embassy files to be sent until it’s been reviewed and signed off. The nurse assured me that they would be sent either way (as they weren’t crucial at this moment) so they would be there in time so I guess I was just unlucky! X

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Timeline
6 hours ago, ColdSummer said:

For everyone whose interview is to come just know that it's a great feeling when you're going to be done with it and knowing there's nothing more to stress about for now! We just got approved yesterday and I'm soooo happy that soon I'll be with my fiance after so much time spent apart:jest::jest:. I was very nervous but the people were very nice and reassuring. So I'm going to tell you how it was for me in case you might find it helpful.

I was at the Embassy in Bucharest 30 mins earlier and they told me to wait across the street (there were 3 more people). A man came with a list when it was close to 1 and he asked to see the passport and the confirmation page of the DS160. He called us inside where we had to remove the belt, give them electronics and go through a metal detector (I beeped but they still let me go haha) Then when I was done with that I had to walk outside to enter another building where I got seated in the waiting room and I got called to window 2 very fast to have my fingerprints taken (since I was very nervous the woman had to explain me a lot of times how to place my fingers and she got a little annoyed with me but it's understandable :lol:) Then she asked for the payment confirmation, 2 pictures, police certificate, passport, copy of passport, birth certificate original and copy, proof of financial support and proof of relationship. Then she told me to wait to be called at window 9. I was the last to be called which perfect since it gave me more time to relax and remember the exact dates. 

Then I was called by the an officer and he asked me where I've met my fiance, how much we've been talking for, his age, his job, if he speaks romanian, if my family will attend the wedding, if he has visited me before, if he was married, if i have ever been to the US and what plans do I have after I go there. After I answered all this questions he said "Ok, we're done here" This scared me so much because he said it in a very serious voice so I thought he was going to deny me but then he said "I've approved your visa and you'll get it in 2 or 3 days"

:wub:

I was sooo happy and i couldn't thank him enough. Now i just have to get the visa and that's it. So for everyone that's going to have the interview soon don't stress out like me because it's going to be just fine 

:D

I can't even imagine the feeling when he advised that the visa was approved! Makes me emotional reading this ❤️:wub:

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

I sent additional vaccine records over as requested during our medical and apparently any updates means the case is pulled from the embassy files to be sent until it’s been reviewed and signed off. The nurse assured me that they would be sent either way (as they weren’t crucial at this moment) so they would be there in time so I guess I was just unlucky! X

vaccination is absolutely not required for a visa K-1. it just refers to the cost, because in the U.S. vaccinations required for AOS ,so  will  be more expensive to get them in U.S.
The fact that the consulate will wait for the results of a medical exam, an absolutely normal working procedure
... this means that you will wait for the passport for a few days longer 

Congrats with you interview !

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

vaccination is absolutely not required for a visa K-1. it just refers to the cost, because in the U.S. vaccinations required for AOS ,so  will  be more expensive to get them in U.S.
The fact that the consulate will wait for the results of a medical exam, an absolutely normal working procedure
... this means that you will wait for the passport for a few days longer 

Congrats with you interview !

Thank you! I’ve been feeling a bit down about it all but your kind words have helped a lot. 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Keith & Monica said:

@LabOz, so far no luck in selling the house.  Had to do a few more repairs and it is now back up again.  Hopefully soon it will sell and when Monica gets here we can find a place together.

@Mike & Tuyen and @lon552 good luck with your interviews.  I will be looking forward to hearing about it.  

It is amazing how fast things can move after you get the NOA2.  We are not rushing through as Monica has to finish work and is going over to Province to say goodbye and take care of some things.  We are both looking forward to her POE on what is most likely going to be Nov 13 coming into Seattle.  

For everyone that has questions about the process after NOA2, it is country specific.  What is correct for one country is not for another.  It is best to ask someone that is from that country or check with the Embassy to get the correct information.  In the Philippines, you don't schedule the Medical, just show up and pay the fee, it is best if you register, but you don't have to.  

Good luck to everyone.

Thank you! And good luck Monday on your interview as well as selling the house!

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

Thank you! I’ve been feeling a bit down about it all but your kind words have helped a lot. 

yeah, absolutely nothing to worry. ...just relax...now  think of your suitcase better :D

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question to those with RFE behind ;)

We have sent ours on October 6th and it was received on October 7th (Saturday) by Priority Express, but tracker still showing "RFE was mailed..."

My fiance called them yesterday but they said they can not tell if package is received or not...

How long does it take to update the case tracker? It is done randomly?

Thank you

Spoiler

I-129F sent - April 24th 2017     CSC date received - April 27th 2017   NOA1 date - May 1st 2017

RFE - CSC sent October 2nd (case tracker shows 27th September)  RFE - received October 5th  RFE - sent back to CSC  October 6th  RFE- CSC received -October 7th (case tracker shows October 13th) 

NOA2 date - October 18th 2017(case tracker shows October 19th), NOA2 Hard copy -October 24th;  NVC #assigned - November 15th NVC left November 21st

Consulate received - November 28th Packet 3 sent - December 18th; Packet 4 received - December 22nd; Medical exam - January 3rd 2018; Interview -January 17th 2018 APPROVED

Visa issued - January 18th Visa delivered - January 19th POE - January 28th

AOS+EAD+AP

Package sent Feb 23rd 2018, Delivered Feb 26th 2018, NOA1 - text and email confirmations March 8th 2018, NOA1 - hard copies received March 12th 2018

Biometrics appointement - March 30th 2018 (requests received March 16th), 2nd Biometrics appointment for EAD for one of my K2s - April 16 2018

New card is being prepared for I-765 - August 13 2018 (online status), Card is mailed - August 16 2018 (online status), Received approvals for i-130 and i-765, also letter for interview - August 17 2018, Status updated to USPS received your Card - August 17 2018, EAD/AP combo cards received in mailbox - August 18 2018,

SSN cards(K1+K2) received in mailbox August 20 2018

Interview - August 29 2018 Green card for me K1 received September 7th 2018, K2s received 2 weeks later

Timeline
8 hours ago, ColdSummer said:

For everyone whose interview is to come just know that it's a great feeling when you're going to be done with it and knowing there's nothing more to stress about for now! We just got approved yesterday and I'm soooo happy that soon I'll be with my fiance after so much time spent apart:jest::jest:. I was very nervous but the people were very nice and reassuring. So I'm going to tell you how it was for me in case you might find it helpful.

I was at the Embassy in Bucharest 30 mins earlier and they told me to wait across the street (there were 3 more people). A man came with a list when it was close to 1 and he asked to see the passport and the confirmation page of the DS160. He called us inside where we had to remove the belt, give them electronics and go through a metal detector (I beeped but they still let me go haha) Then when I was done with that I had to walk outside to enter another building where I got seated in the waiting room and I got called to window 2 very fast to have my fingerprints taken (since I was very nervous the woman had to explain me a lot of times how to place my fingers and she got a little annoyed with me but it's understandable :lol:) Then she asked for the payment confirmation, 2 pictures, police certificate, passport, copy of passport, birth certificate original and copy, proof of financial support and proof of relationship. Then she told me to wait to be called at window 9. I was the last to be called which perfect since it gave me more time to relax and remember the exact dates. 

Then I was called by the an officer and he asked me where I've met my fiance, how much we've been talking for, his age, his job, if he speaks romanian, if my family will attend the wedding, if he has visited me before, if he was married, if i have ever been to the US and what plans do I have after I go there. After I answered all this questions he said "Ok, we're done here" This scared me so much because he said it in a very serious voice so I thought he was going to deny me but then he said "I've approved your visa and you'll get it in 2 or 3 days"

:wub:

I was sooo happy and i couldn't thank him enough. Now i just have to get the visa and that's it. So for everyone that's going to have the interview soon don't stress out like me because it's going to be just fine 

:D

wow, 3 more people...! sounds wonder for me !

when i came to the embassy in Moscow at 7:30 am ( my appointment was at 9:15), there were about 50-60  people, after 30 minutes more than 150... i got inside at 9:13 am )))) and before this moment i seen much more people behind me )))

Congratulations !

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

14 minutes ago, Stela&Eli said:

I have a question to those with RFE behind ;)

We have sent ours on October 6th and it was received on October 7th (Saturday) by Priority Express, but tracker still showing "RFE was mailed..."

My fiance called them yesterday but they said they can not tell if package is received or not...

How long does it take to update the case tracker? It is done randomly?

Thank you

It may not update... we were fortunate to have updates at the beginning and did get an update saying it was received but nothing again after that. You might have the same problem (no tracker, email or texts).  Just keep calling. Good luck!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

We never got packet 3, but they sent us a link in the email with the instructions.  It was a pretty straightforward checklist which is why it was so fast for us.  It might be country specific though.

We did not get packet 3 too, just email we got means as a packet 3 before the electronic century ) ...i guess, all countries the same now....the only thing that is sent by mail is the passport .

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
8 hours ago, rachied26 said:

Hello everyone I'm sorry to be a pain and keep asking lots of questions but I'm finding this whole process so confusing!! 

So on CEAC NVC case tracker it changed to ready today, can I book an interview now or do I have to wait for the letter to come through from them? 

you can pay consular fee, fill DS-160 and get the confirmation page about payment, then you can make an appointment for interview...maybe there is some specifics for U.S. consulate in U.K.

, just the letter contains instructions and links to the official site.

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.