swalker

February I-129 Filers #2

354 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Received the text today.....”Your interview has been scheduled”.

I’m freaking out a bit 

We got our letter on Saturday! October 10th! 😁

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, Dhanu and Justin said:

Hey everyone!

I received my Bio metrics appointment for both I 485 and EAD. I went and did them and then I received my EAD and it expires on 12/27/18. Meanwhile I haven't heard anything about my greencard and it says invalid when I try to check status using the receipt number they provided me. I've tried to contact them using the 1-800 number and they don't have an option for talking to an officer. So I have few questions.

a) How do I get to talk to an officer? (Maybe I'm doing something wrong or not understanding their menu) There's no options in the main menu so if someone can give me how to get to that option clearly, that'd be great.

b) Since my EAD expires on 12/27/18, and hasn't heard anything about my greencard, when do I need to apply for a new EAD

Thank you very much!

I looked it up on the USCIS website....you can apply for a new EAD now (website says not before 180 days). Just an FYI 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Missabc said:

We got our letter on Saturday! October 10th! 😁

Congratulations!!!!!

Did you receive the text telling you the interview had been scheduled? If so, how long between text and letter?

I’m trying to figure out when the letter will be here.  😊

2 hours ago, janet3 said:

Congratulations!!!!!

Did you receive the text telling you the interview had been scheduled? If so, how long between text and letter?

I’m trying to figure out when the letter will be here.  😊

The app updated that my interview was scheduled and then 8 days later I received the letter 🙂

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So it looks like they are doing more interviews then before? I remember when in the K1 process, it was like 5% of AOS were asked to do an interview. Everyone just received the green card int he mail. Maybe this is one of the many changes and why the entire process has slowed down to a turtles pace.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

So it looks like they are doing more interviews then before? I remember when in the K1 process, it was like 5% of AOS were asked to do an interview. Everyone just received the green card int he mail. Maybe this is one of the many changes and why the entire process has slowed down to a turtles pace.

I believe everyone gets an interview now.

Our interview is scheduled for October 18.

We filed for AOS on January 19th.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yep, seems that a lot of people are getting interviewed now. I thought we’d bypass this and get the green card in the mail. But nope, our interview was last month (applied for AOS in March). I was a bit worried when we were scheduled, but a quick search proved to me that it was nothing to worry about at all. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, swalker said:

Yep, seems that a lot of people are getting interviewed now. I thought we’d bypass this and get the green card in the mail. But nope, our interview was last month (applied for AOS in March). I was a bit worried when we were scheduled, but a quick search proved to me that it was nothing to worry about at all. 

If you don’t mind me asking...,what questions were asked. I’m freaking out a bit.....

Timeline
Just now, janet3 said:

If you don’t mind me asking...,what questions were asked. I’m freaking out a bit.....

It was maybe only 10 minutes long. We both had a series of questions, but most were directed at my wife. First was a bit to establish who we were, names of our parents, our address, etc. (Things that we’re directly taken from our application). Then came a list of ‘yes’ and ‘no’ questions for her (criminal history, arrests, etc). Then acknowledgment that I understood my responsibilities as a sponsor. The officer took a photocopy of a wedding photo only and spoke  to us about the next steps with our visa and ROC. Very easy. I’m sure you’ll be fine. 

Timeline

WOW!!! You guys are so lucky with the relatively quick process. We submitted our AOS in mid November, and still nothing. Not even his work/travel permit, as they printed it in March with an error. Their error, and we pay the price. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, tab0712 said:

WOW!!! You guys are so lucky with the relatively quick process. We submitted our AOS in mid November, and still nothing. Not even his work/travel permit, as they printed it in March with an error. Their error, and we pay the price. 

That’s terrible! And why so long to reprint without the error? Crazy. I’m sorry!

So last night I was printing all my paperwork in preparation for my AOS interview and I pulled out my K1 folder and was just having a look through it when I got to my Interview confirmation for my K1 and I couldn't believe it.... The date AND time I had my K1 interview is exactly the same as my AOS interview! Can you believe it haha! Let's hope at 12.30pm on the 10th October I get good news again. 

Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 9:13 AM, swalker said:

That’s terrible! And why so long to reprint without the error? Crazy. I’m sorry!

No idea. They say we are within the "time line", which means they put us at the BACK of the pile to "start over". I HATE THEM ALL! 

Timeline
On 9/18/2018 at 8:40 PM, tab0712 said:

Oh geez.... that’s horrible! Hopefully you will get the interview soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.