MrHanky

Got police certificate in Mexico City today

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/2/2019 at 8:56 AM, L & V said:

Hello, Sorry for reopening this topic but I'm having the same issue trying to obtain a police certificate. My fiance is currently living in Mexico City but she is from Veracruz. Will she need a certificate from both states? It's seems like what they're asking on the federal level (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales) in Mexico is proof of the consulate asking for one, like a letter.  The only letter we have is the letter from the consulate that our case is ready to be processed and then a link to see all the required documentation. Do you think that is enough documentation to obtain one? We already have our interview scheduled and I'm worried that we may not have enough time to obtain one. Does anyone have any recent experience with this? We also asked an Uber driver in Mexico City and he said that Mexico is not allowing people to get them anymore.  

Yes you need a letter from the embassy requesting the certificate.

this is posted clearly outside the building where you obtain the certificate (i stood outside it for about 1 hour waiting fir my fiance last week)

The P3 letter works.  It is what my fiance used.

But we need to go back as she couldnt obtain it due to a broken ID (cut in half by her son, lol)

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 10:30 PM, Russel1995 said:

Yes you need a letter from the embassy requesting the certificate.

this is posted clearly outside the building where you obtain the certificate (i stood outside it for about 1 hour waiting fir my fiance last week)

The P3 letter works.  It is what my fiance used.

But we need to go back as she couldnt obtain it due to a broken ID (cut in half by her son, lol)

I have been looking for a thread to help me out with this same dilemma for getting a police certificate from Mexico. My husband has his interview in three weeks and getting this doc has been frustrating. They are requesting a letter from the embassy, I see you wrote "P3" worked fro your fiancé, What is the P3?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, Ma Daniel said:

I have been looking for a thread to help me out with this same dilemma for getting a police certificate from Mexico. My husband has his interview in three weeks and getting this doc has been frustrating. They are requesting a letter from the embassy, I see you wrote "P3" worked fro your fiancé, What is the P3?

This is a México thread

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/29/2020 at 10:48 PM, Ma Daniel said:

Late reply.

P3 = Packet 3 letter.  Mexico sends out the interview letters case is being processed and lists what you need, which is a P3 letter. 

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Has anyone gotten this letter lately, specifically in CDMX? Is the office open and is it possible to get the police certificate?

The consulate in CDJ is beginning to reschedule people who had their interviews cancelled in March/April.

Our police report has obviously expired and we would need to get a new one, but nto sure if it's possible right now. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MexicoExpat said:

Has anyone gotten this letter lately, specifically in CDMX? Is the office open and is it possible to get the police certificate?

The consulate in CDJ is beginning to reschedule people who had their interviews cancelled in March/April.

Our police report has obviously expired and we would need to get a new one, but nto sure if it's possible right now. 

I will need to update my police certificate too and I found that Mexico City is now doing the process online here: https://noantecedentes.cdmx.gob.mx/

I will try to get my certificate next week and I'll keep you posted. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

On 12/7/2020 at 7:36 AM, MexicoExpat said:

I just got my  "Constancia Digital de No Antecedentes Penales" from the site: https://noantecedentes.cdmx.gob.mx/ 

It was an easy process: you just have to create an account and upload some documents. I did that on December 16th and today I got my certificate (with date of December 18th) 

Hope that information is useful. 

Timeline
On 12/22/2020 at 4:38 PM, AnaCarolina said:

I just got my  "Constancia Digital de No Antecedentes Penales" from the site: https://noantecedentes.cdmx.gob.mx/ 

It was an easy process: you just have to create an account and upload some documents. I did that on December 16th and today I got my certificate (with date of December 18th) 

Hope that information is useful. 

That's definitely helpful, thank you for coming back and posting.

Is it an official copy with original stamp or a digital copy you print out?

Timeline
22 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

That's definitely helpful, thank you for coming back and posting.

Is it an official copy with original stamp or a digital copy you print out?

I would say it's a digital version of the document since it is actually called "Digital Police Record". It is digitally signed and has a QR code.  

Timeline
18 minutes ago, AnaCarolina said:

I would say it's a digital version of the document since it is actually called "Digital Police Record". It is digitally signed and has a QR code.  

I would think the consulate should be aware of this new practice and would be ok with that.

Also sounds like the QR code would help to verify it.

Mine would be expired by the time I get an interview anyway, but its good to know the options.

Good luck on your interview!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, Babu Frik said:

I would think the consulate should be aware of this new practice and would be ok with that.

Also sounds like the QR code would help to verify it.

Mine would be expired by the time I get an interview anyway, but its good to know the options.

Good luck on your interview!

Guys, just to update everyone: I had my interview yesterday, I brought my printed "Constancia Digital de No Antecedentes Penales" and they accepted it without a problem ;)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello!

That’s great, I already have it, I just need to print it then, and another question, do I have to translate it to English or just in Spanish is ok? 

Thanks 

Timeline

Also, 

Last week they consulate sent me an email saying that they reviewed my case and that I don’t need an interview, I just need to bring some documents to the consulate and that I will shortly receive a letter from them at the CAS in CDMX with instructions. MY waver got approved last year and been waiting for an interview since then, I had it for March 22nd but it was canceled and got this email. Still waiting for the letter to arrive. 

Has anyone have had this experience before? 

I will really appreciate any insight in this new process..

Best

Beatriz 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Beatriz and Luis said:

Hello!

That’s great, I already have it, I just need to print it then, and another question, do I have to translate it to English or just in Spanish is ok? 

Thanks 

Spanish is fine, only need to translate it if it's not in English, or the language of the country the beneficiary is in.

• 1 month later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just some random question. When I submitted my civil documents to NVC I used the Carta de No Antecedentes Penales Federal (the one you get from the building in Melchor Ocampo). It was kind of tricky & tedious due to the pandemic to get that one. Unfortunately, I lost the original while traveling (don´t ask me how). Now I'm wondering if can present the digital version from CDMX or I have to stick to the Federal version at the time of my interview. 

I have read from people getting the PC from Ciudad Juarez before the interview but not sure if the submitted any PC before the interview like me.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.