MrHanky

Got police certificate in Mexico City today

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 hours ago, JR & RT said:

Just some random question. When I submitted my civil documents to NVC I used the Carta de No Antecedentes Penales Federal (the one you get from the building in Melchor Ocampo). It was kind of tricky & tedious due to the pandemic to get that one. Unfortunately, I lost the original while traveling (don´t ask me how). Now I'm wondering if can present the digital version from CDMX or I have to stick to the Federal version at the time of my interview. 

I have read from people getting the PC from Ciudad Juarez before the interview but not sure if the submitted any PC before the interview like me.. 

I believe the digital version the person above got was the federal one.

You're supposed to bring what the NVC approved, however they expire and you have to get a new one.

They told me to upload it when I get it, which I'm not going to bother to do anytime soon since it's probably more than a year till we'll have an interview.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

I believe the digital version the person above got was the federal one.

You're supposed to bring what the NVC approved, however they expire and you have to get a new one.

They told me to upload it when I get it, which I'm not going to bother to do anytime soon since it's probably more than a year till we'll have an interview.

The digital version it is not the federal version. It is the state version from CDMX.
I just checked now.

My case is manual processing so I’ll try to get again the federal one when my interview is due which may take a year or more.

Thanks for the reply! 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, JR & RT said:

The digital version it is not the federal version. It is the state version from CDMX.
I just checked now.

My case is manual processing so I’ll try to get again the federal one when my interview is due which may take a year or more.

Thanks for the reply! 

Is it correct you can only get the federal one in CDMX? Is that where you got yours?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

Is it correct you can only get the federal one in CDMX? Is that where you got yours?

Yeah, you can only get the federal PC in CDMX (Oficinas del Órgano Administrativo Desconcentrado Prevención y Readaptación Social in Melchor Ocampo).

Before COVID you could just walk in with the necessary documentation and in less than 1 hr you were out. Now with the pandemic, you need to make an appointment and they take ages to reply. There is an “officer” outside with the list of people with appointment. He will check your name, documents and let you in.

Last time (December 2020) they never replied the email for the appointment so I went there and talked with the officer. He said No appointment No PC but come tomorrow at noon and we will see 🤣. He told me to bring a justification to let me in without appointment, like the interview letter or flight reservation for the next days. So I went again, he checked all documents (I brought my flight reservation) and kept me waiting outside for 30 min. Then he let me in and I was out in 45 min.

I found this blog useful for the details 

https://patadeperro.paulaithurbide.com/info-util/constancia-de-no-antecedentes-penales-federales/

The only thing is I think there is an error on the email for the appointment. In the blog entry, there is a photo of a post in the building with the email for the appointments and differs from the one mentioned in the blog (which I used in the past without any issue). I guess that’s why they never reply to my appointment request..

Edited by JR & RT

• 7 months later...
Timeline

My wife lives in the CDMX and requesting IR1.
The instructions to get the Federal PC ask you to have a "Solicitud fundada y motivada, por las diferentes autoridades administrativas, judiciales, seguridad pública y privada, así como, embajada y consulado o que resulte necesaria para ejercitar un derecho o cumplir un deber legalmente previsto, con la finalidad de emitir la Constancia de Antecedentes Penales."

The US immigration is requesting this the Federal PC but I do not see how the US Gov will give me an official letter to request the Federal PC or how the mexican agency will accept it. 

Where do we get this letter ?

Do I use the I-797C Approval Notice ?

Can anyone confirm that using the one from https://noantecedentes.cdmx.gob.mx/ . has been accepted ?

Timeline
On 12/2/2021 at 10:35 PM, AbelM said:

The instructions to get the Federal PC ask you to have a "Solicitud fundada y motivada, por las diferentes autoridades administrativas, judiciales, seguridad pública y privada, así como, embajada y consulado o que resulte necesaria para ejercitar un derecho o cumplir un deber legalmente previsto, con la finalidad de emitir la Constancia de Antecedentes Penales."

The US immigration is requesting this the Federal PC but I do not see how the US Gov will give me an official letter to request the Federal PC or how the mexican agency will accept it. 

Can anyone confirm that using the one from https://noantecedentes.cdmx.gob.mx/ . has been accepted ?

People have been getting it in Juarez.

You should join one of the facebook groups, there's a lot more activity on there.

Timeline
6 hours ago, AbelM said:

Please help me listing the FB groups. 

So far, the only groups I have found are from people already with Ciudad Juarez appointments.

I'm part of these two, I've seen people talk about police certificates there.

Citados al consulado en Cd Juarez

Citas al Consulado Americano en Ciudad Juárez - GRUPO

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, AbelM said:

Hi. Were you able to obtain via https://noantecedentes.cdmx.gob.mx? What proof of "solicitud fundada y motivada" did you use? Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Timeline

My wife has the "constancia de antecendentes no penales federales" from "la secretaría de seguridad y protección ciudadana, prevención y readaptación social". Does anyone know if this is valid? Also, how long are the police certificates valid for? We are still waiting on our I-130 but she already has these from something else earlier on that also requested police certificates.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, tofulollipop said:

My wife has the "constancia de antecendentes no penales federales" from "la secretaría de seguridad y protección ciudadana, prevención y readaptación social". Does anyone know if this is valid? Also, how long are the police certificates valid for? We are still waiting on our I-130 but she already has these from something else earlier on that also requested police certificates.

Yeah, that’s the federal one. It is suppose to be “more valid” than a state certificate. Regarding the expiration of the PC:

Important: Police certificatesexpire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the policecertificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new policecertificate to your visa interview:

·         You are more than 16 years old;

·         The police certificatesubmitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and

·         You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/12/2022 at 3:53 PM, tofulollipop said:

did you submit to the NVC already?

Timeline
On 4/25/2022 at 5:42 AM, Babu Frik said:

did you submit to the NVC already?

Nope, still waiting on the I-130. We're up to 7 months at this point, but I know it can take longer (Nebraska service center). Hopefully additional news soon.

• Chancy locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.