Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, COYG! said:

Yes, the CDC card is sufficient. 

Thanks!

Naturalization N-400 Timeline: (346 Days)

08/17/2020: Filed - Paper Filing

02/11/2021: Letter for Biometrics Reuse

05/05/2021: Interview Scheduled 6/16/2021

06/16/2021: Interview Appointment - Tests Passed, No Decision, Supervisory Review

07/07/2021: N-400 Approved

07/07/2021: Placed in line for Oath Ceremony

07/15/2021: Oath Ceremony Scheduled (7/29/2021)

07/29/2021: 🇺🇸 🇺🇸Oath Ceremony 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Good luck to all!

2 hours ago, canam101 said:

Thanks!

Naturalization N-400 Timeline: (346 Days)

08/17/2020: Filed - Paper Filing

02/11/2021: Letter for Biometrics Reuse

05/05/2021: Interview Scheduled 6/16/2021

06/16/2021: Interview Appointment - Tests Passed, No Decision, Supervisory Review

07/07/2021: N-400 Approved

07/07/2021: Placed in line for Oath Ceremony

07/15/2021: Oath Ceremony Scheduled (7/29/2021)

07/29/2021: 🇺🇸 🇺🇸Oath Ceremony 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Good luck to all!

Congratulations Canam101! Thanks for posting your timeline 

Hello everyone,

My interview is in 1 week, so I just want to make sure, that I am bringing everything they need!

So I applied under 5 year rule, I got my green card through marriage, however I divorced almost a year ago ( we were married more than 5 years).

I'll bring my:

-notice letter, green cards ( 2 & 10 year), passport, and state ID,

-Divorce decree,

-Tax transcripts for 5 years

-a few paystubs to show that I am still employed

Do I need to bring : my marriege certificate, my ex husband's naturalization certificate (I have only a copy) not the original? My ex's divorce decree, he was married once before he married me? Do I need to bring any supporting documents like bills etc, until we were together?

Just want to make sure that I'll have everything with me! Better to be safe than sorry!

Edited by DoraS

Hey all!

I had my interview at Federal Plaza today, wanted to share my experience! 

I am a Brooklyn filer,  October 2020. Had my biometrics appointment a month ago (my bio appt was actually rescheduled twice: the first time it was canceled because of Juneteenth, the second time I rescheduled it because of international travel. It doesn't seem to have slowed down my application by more than a month or two). 

The interview was painless - the worst part was waiting for an hour and a half to be called in. The interviewing official did not ask for any documents except for my green card, state ID and passport.  I had a binder full of tax documents but he didn't ask for them; also, I am currently unemployed and told him so, he didn't ask any further questions. I gave him a list of part time jobs that I had forgotten to include in my N400 and he added it to my file. There was a moment of confusion when I didn't remember what year we were in while going through my address history (I was very nervous lol) and he did ask me why my phone number did not have a NY area code (I lived in California on a student visa years ago but have only lived in NY for the past five years). 

I got recommended for approval and am now in line for oath. 

Oh, I applied under the 5 years rule and I am (was?) a DV lottery winner. 

Best of luck to everyone preparing for their interview and if you have any questions, ask away! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Recently surprised that Interview was scheduled sooner than expected in NYC. Sharing timeline/experience in case it helps others
Applied for citizenship under 3 yr rule (spouse of USC). Brooklyn Field office (26 federal plaza)

AOS

2017-03-24- AOS receipt
2018-03-15 - AOS Interview
2018-04-28 - AOS Approved, 2 yr GC 13 months

I-751
2020-01-29 - i-751 ROC receipt
2021-01-06- i-751 Approved without interview. 12 months

N-400 (online)
2021-01-29 - N-400 receipt (89 days before 3 years with GC)
2021-08-31 - N-400 Interview Scheduled. 7 months
2021-09-28 - N-400 interview

This site has been extremely helpful!

On 9/8/2021 at 10:07 PM, jimbrackets said:

Are they doing same-day oaths in Brooklyn jurisdiction?

bump, would love to know as well

Edited by bobarola

On 3/30/2021 at 2:00 AM, S. & A. said:

Yep. I'm a March 2020 filer and nothing yet, so it'll likely be a while. I think we all got a generic update about the biometrics reuse on about the same day in February, even people who had just filed. I saw today that someone filed yesterday and got the reuse letter the same/next day. It's something, but doesn't seem to be a sign our cases were being worked on.

If you look at VJ timelines, the last NYC filer that got an interview filed late Feb 2020. They seem to have gotten the interview notice mid-March and their interview is at the end of April. This is all speculation and I could be super off, but looking at the VJ data points for NYC they seem to be processing cases from one "filing day" in about one real life day, and interview dates are about 5 weeks from the notice. If that is accurate at all, I'm estimating I should be hearing something in a couple of days and my interview would be the first week of May or so. It would be a few more months for you. Will update if I hear anything and to see how off (or not) I was.

Have you heard back from Queens office? I am a Nov 2019 filer and still nothing after 22 months...  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello, 

Good to be back on this site! I was naturalized in '18. 

Friends of mine applied to N400 (online) from Brooklyn in May of 2020. So far they have not received any notifications for interview yet. I wanted to ask if that's within the expected time range (it felt rather long to me)? Should they be taking any action? 

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Had my interview on Sept 28 in federal plaza (applied Jan '21, Brooklyn FO). Waited an hour before being called in. It went fairly well, it was very unstructured but I found that made it easier. The officer would randomly start different questions without instructions after long periods of checking the screen/application. There was a huge file on the desk. At the end i was congratulated and told i was recommended for approval. When i got outside the status updated from recommended be approved to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled. 

I have a trip abroad in a few weeks, which i was willing to cancel, but it came up in the Interview and the IO said they would make a note so that my Oath is scheduled when I get back. Hoping it doesn't delay things. good luck everyone! 

Edited by bobarola

I was  scheduled for interview yesterday.  Interview date November 9 , Filing date January 14 2021, Long Island field office . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.