bookman

Birth certificate

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I petition I-130 for my mother but I got a RFE for late registration of birth certificate. My birth was registered 18+ years after the even occured Uscis is requesting for secondary evidence or Affidavit of birth from my relative. DNA is voluntary? I need ur input guys.. thanks in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Interesting......so USCIS thinks a late birth registration could point to a fraudulent birth certificate........seems reasonable to me.  You need to provide more evidence that the original one is authentic.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, missileman said:

Interesting......so USCIS thinks a late birth registration could point to a fraudulent birth certificate........seems reasonable to me.  You need to provide more evidence that the original one is authentic.

Yeah. I do not ve that much evidence to submit becuz of the civil war that occurred in Africa (Liberia). I have decided to get two letters of birth Affidavit from my relatives that were there during my birth, a letter from ministry of health stating why I could not obtain the birth certificate  during the time of birth n also get DNA test done b/w me n my mom.🙁

Timeline
49 minutes ago, NikLR said:

So are you applying for your mother?

Yeah. I am the petitioner applying for my mother the beneficiary.

49 minutes ago, NikLR said:

So are you applying for your mother?

Edited by bookman

~~moved to bringing family members of USC to the USA from IR1/CR1 spousal visa process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

From my experience, they'll accept secondary evidence.  Your mother can produce a notarized affidavit for your birth certificate.  If you have any school/church records where it shows place of birth and parent's name, that'l be acceptable as secondary evidence as well.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Anand Jayalal said:

From my experience, they'll accept secondary evidence.  Your mother can produce a notarized affidavit for your birth certificate.  If you have any school/church records where it shows place of birth and parent's name, that'l be acceptable as secondary evidence as well.

Thanks. however, my mom cannot write letter of affidavit on my behalf because I am petitioning her, secondly, I do not ve any of those secondary records becuz of the war that took place in Liberia,alI of my secondary documents got burned... decided to get two Affidavit from my aunt n uncle or my oldest brother who is 19 yrs older than me.. along with the DNA testing..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, bookman said:

Thanks. however, my mom cannot write letter of affidavit on my behalf because I am petitioning her, secondly, I do not ve any of those secondary records becuz of the war that took place in Liberia,alI of my secondary documents got burned... decided to get two Affidavit from my aunt n uncle or my oldest brother who is 19 yrs older than me.. along with the DNA testing..

You should be fine with the DNA test

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello,

Would you please share your outcome with USCIS from the RFE for birth certificate , Did USCIS accepted affidavits with DNA test?

Did your I-130 for your mom got approved?

Please share I am in a little similar situation 

Thanks

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Chalanero21 said:

Hello,

Would you please share your outcome with USCIS from the RFE for birth certificate , Did USCIS accepted affidavits with DNA test?

Did your I-130 for your mom got approved?

Please share I am in a little similar situation 

Thanks

The late registration of birth certificate must have supporting papersatz  or affidavit of having at least 2 oldest persons testified the person seeking late registration. Thats what my husband did

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

If you haven't already done so, it might be useful to look at the country-specific documents list at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html . The requirements vary by country for what is acceptable as secondary evidence.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/3/2017 at 3:37 AM, bookman said:

Yeah. I do not ve that much evidence to submit becuz of the civil war that occurred in Africa (Liberia). I have decided to get two letters of birth Affidavit from my relatives that were there during my birth, a letter from ministry of health stating why I could not obtain the birth certificate  during the time of birth n also get DNA test done b/w me n my mom.🙁

Hi! How's your late registration of birth certificate, what arrangement did you do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello. 

I want to share my experience and I hope might help. My birth certificate was late registered by 12 years, I have petitioned for my mother 2 times the first time my petition was denied because I took the RFE not very Sirius. I only submitted pictures and two affidavits and that was not enough. Then I submitted a second one last year this time got a RFE again for late birth registration . I took things more serious. If you dont have school records, medical records you must get at least a certification from school, church, and hospital that they dont have records . If you do have them then great for you !! You can send them along with translations.

Next is DNA they can not obligate you by law but they will between parenthesis "suggest you" to do it, believe me they are trying to help you with that hint.

I did the DNA test following their specification. (if you do DNA option make sure that if you send your documents first let them know in a cover letter that the lab will send them the results) 

And I submitted again the affidavits since no secondary evidence is available like immunizations, census, hospital records are not available. If you have some but not all is a also a good idea to send affidavits from at least two family members adults at time of birth.

After all that my application got approved. 

I hope this helps .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.