Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Ilovecake said:

Hello, when did they receive your package? 

They received mine on the 22nd of September and I still have not got my Noa yet. 

They got it the 21st. And like I said I'm still waiting for the aos Noa. So, hopefully in the next day or two. You should hopefully get yours soon. 

Hey guys! Just saw a new announcement at the USCIS website regarding work permits and social security #s. Form I-765 has been updated and they have changed it to let applicants apply for work permit and social security numbers simultaneously without visiting the SSA office.

Now here's the part where people need to be cautious.

I have seen people apply for jobs even without work permit. And once they are offered the job, they call USCIS and try to expedite their EAD application. Some were lucky to be approved, but this change that USCIS has just announced, will minimize, if not totally stop that from happening.

Here is the link for that announcement:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/new-uscis-form-streamlines-process-obtain-work-authorization-document-and-social-security-number-simultaneously

Here's an excerpt from that announcement:

"..USCIS encourages all U.S. employers to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires through E-Verify."

To sum it all up, once the employer realizes you do not have the proper documents to work here in the US, you are not going to be considered for the position regardless of whether the papers are being processed or not. You have to have the work permit ON HAND before you submit your resumes to employers.

When asked whether you are authorized to work here in the US and you said 'Yes' but you do not have the work permit yet, then you basically lied to the employer. 

What is E-Verify?

E-Verify

U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This diverse workforce contributes greatly to the vibrancy and strength of our economy, but that same strength also attracts unauthorized employment.

E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use – and it’s the best way employers can ensure a legal workforce.

(Source: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify)

So if anybody plans to do that, apply for a job without permit and then try to expedite the work permit application once hired, think twice. 

If you would like to risk it, go ahead.

Just know that one possible reason why this announcement has been made is because they have noticed people trying to expedite the application through getting a job. They have seen the trend, have noticed it. 

Be patient. You can do this! 

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

37 minutes ago, TheSkywalkers said:

Hey guys! Just saw a new announcement at the USCIS website regarding work permits and social security #s. Form I-765 has been updated and they have changed it to let applicants apply for work permit and social security numbers simultaneously without visiting the SSA office.

Now here's the part where people need to be cautious.

I have seen people apply for jobs even without work permit. And once they are offered the job, they call USCIS and try to expedite their EAD application. Some were lucky to be approved, but this change that USCIS has just announced, will minimize, if not totally stop that from happening.

Here is the link for that announcement:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/new-uscis-form-streamlines-process-obtain-work-authorization-document-and-social-security-number-simultaneously

Here's an excerpt from that announcement:

"..USCIS encourages all U.S. employers to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires through E-Verify."

To sum it all up, once the employer realizes you do not have the proper documents to work here in the US, you are not going to be considered for the position regardless of whether the papers are being processed or not. You have to have the work permit ON HAND before you submit your resumes to employers.

When asked whether you are authorized to work here in the US and you said 'Yes' but you do not have the work permit yet, then you basically lied to the employer. 

What is E-Verify?

E-Verify

U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This diverse workforce contributes greatly to the vibrancy and strength of our economy, but that same strength also attracts unauthorized employment.

E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use – and it’s the best way employers can ensure a legal workforce.

(Source: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify)

So if anybody plans to do that, apply for a job without permit and then try to expedite the work permit application once hired, think twice. 

If you would like to risk it, go ahead.

Just know that one possible reason why this announcement has been made is because they have noticed people trying to expedite the application through getting a job. They have seen the trend, have noticed it. 

Be patient. You can do this! 

You don't start working until you have the ead. If you get a job offer you can apply to expedite the ead. Everify has nothing to do with that. They verify after you have your ead and start working. To expedite you get a job offer, you don't have to be verified until you actually start. 

You discuss with your employer that you can't start working until you get your ead. Nothing you put links to says anything about not being able to expedite. 

Edited by Redheadguy03

3 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

You don't start working until you have the ead. If you get a job offer you can apply to expedite the ead. Everify has nothing to do with that. They verify after you have your ead and start working. To expedite you get a job offer, you don't have to be verified until you actually start. 

You discuss with your employer that you can't start working until you get your ead. Nothing you put links to says anything about not being able to expedite. 

The usual questions employers ask before they even hire people is 'Are you authorized to work in the US?' Authorized, meaning, you have the work permit on hand and can provide it when you're asked of it.

If you do not have it yet, yet you say 'yes', then that's a lie. Like you said, you are not authorized to work yet until such time you have the EAD

E-verify is a tool that all US employers can use to check and verify whether the person applying for a job with them is authorized to work in the US. 

When you say 'you don't have to be verified until you actually start', I guess you are talking about the background checks. Background checks such as calling the applicant's previous employer , educational background, or whether the infos in the applicant's resume are legit are the ones that are covered in background checks. But E-verify is for trying to verify the employment authorization of the applicant. 

I tried to expedite my EAD too, and none of the criterias for expediting EAD lists "Job offer" on it.

People can expedite EAD yes, I am not saying they couldn't, but to expedite it because of a job offer when the person clearly isn't authorized to work yet, then that's where the line is drawn.

I am just concerned about some people who may think that it is the proper way. Besides, the links are from USCIS itself. I just posted it here out of concern.

God bless you all! :)

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

11 hours ago, TheSkywalkers said:

The usual questions employers ask before they even hire people is 'Are you authorized to work in the US?' Authorized, meaning, you have the work permit on hand and can provide it when you're asked of it.

If you do not have it yet, yet you say 'yes', then that's a lie. Like you said, you are not authorized to work yet until such time you have the EAD

E-verify is a tool that all US employers can use to check and verify whether the person applying for a job with them is authorized to work in the US. 

When you say 'you don't have to be verified until you actually start', I guess you are talking about the background checks. Background checks such as calling the applicant's previous employer , educational background, or whether the infos in the applicant's resume are legit are the ones that are covered in background checks. But E-verify is for trying to verify the employment authorization of the applicant. 

I tried to expedite my EAD too, and none of the criterias for expediting EAD lists "Job offer" on it.

People can expedite EAD yes, I am not saying they couldn't, but to expedite it because of a job offer when the person clearly isn't authorized to work yet, then that's where the line is drawn.

I am just concerned about some people who may think that it is the proper way. Besides, the links are from USCIS itself. I just posted it here out of concern.

God bless you all! :)

You answer no and discuss with the employer that you can't work yet. You are allowed to apply for jobs without ead, you just can't work until you have it. 

You don't seem to be understanding, you can apply for jobs all you want their is nothing illegal about it. You just can't actually work without the EAD. Tons of people have expedited because of job offers, so obviously you can. You got denied it does happen, but it's definitely possible. You're providing information that has no actual basis.

The links you provided say nothing in regards to expediting at all. It says they recommend using everify, it's not required and again, like I said you would discuss with your potential employer that you can't work yet without the EAD

I'd suggest rereading the information in the links because you're basically making up information. If people want to expedite because of a job offer its entirely possible. Even getting the EAD and SSN together is optional, you can still do it the old way. Try reading other threads in regards to expediting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi everyone! I was going to apply at the beginning of September but well money is running dry so towards the ends it was sent on 9/28 they received 9/30 ... here we go :) Any advice? and can anyone tell me an estimated time for them to cash my check :)

♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥

K1 VISA -129F      

12/22/16 (MAILED I-129F  -   6/16/17- INTERVIEW -APPROVED!!

6/27/17- VISA IN HAND & POE

:wub:~~~~~~~~♥GOT MARRIED 07/29/2017♥~~~~~~~~:wub:

AOS

9/28/17 SENT  - 11/13/17 NOTICE OF REJECTION:(

NEW AOS

5/15/18 SENT AOS PACKET

5/18/18 PACKET ARRIVED (DAY 1)  

5/23/18 NOA FOR AOS & RECEIVED TEXT/E-MAIL FOR AOS, AP, EAD :thumbs:

5/25/18 MONEY ORDER CASHED

5/29/18 NOA LETTERS RECEIVED (AOS, AP, EAD)

6/8/18 BIO APPT LETTER RECEIVED (BIO APPT. 6/19)

6/11/18 BIO DONE (WENT IN EARLY ) :dance:

6/12/18 FINGERPRINTS RECEIVED AS PER PHONE CALL TO USCIS

9/28/18 RFE FOR AOS STATUS CHANGE - EAD/AP SAME STATUS (DAY 136):cry:

10/9/18 RECEIVED RFE LETTER 

10/19/18 SENT RFE RESPONSE :ot2:

10/23/18 USCIS UPDATE RECEIVED RFE RESPONSE (DAY 1)

11/6/18 Requested an Inquiry for I-131  (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/8/18 Requested an inquiry for I-765 (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/16/18 EAD/AP CASE APPROVED :dance:

11/19/18 APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED

11/26/18 EAD/AP CARD RECEIVED

11/27/18 USCIS UPDATE "CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW"

12/4/18 USCIS UPDATE "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED" 

01/10/19 AOS APPOINTMENT! :joy::dance:  APPROVED!!

01/13/19 AOS "APPROVED" Update Text received 

11 minutes ago, Anatti87 said:

hi everyone! I was going to apply at the beginning of September but well money is running dry so towards the ends it was sent on 9/28 they received 9/30 ... here we go :) Any advice? and can anyone tell me an estimated time for them to cash my check :)

They cashed my check 6 days after receiving it. Advice in regards to what? Just mail it out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, Redheadguy03 said:

They cashed my check 6 days after receiving it. Advice in regards to what? Just mail it out. 

Well I did, but hows everyone doing with their bios, how long was the process? things like that.

K1 VISA -129F      

12/22/16 (MAILED I-129F  -   6/16/17- INTERVIEW -APPROVED!!

6/27/17- VISA IN HAND & POE

:wub:~~~~~~~~♥GOT MARRIED 07/29/2017♥~~~~~~~~:wub:

AOS

9/28/17 SENT  - 11/13/17 NOTICE OF REJECTION:(

NEW AOS

5/15/18 SENT AOS PACKET

5/18/18 PACKET ARRIVED (DAY 1)  

5/23/18 NOA FOR AOS & RECEIVED TEXT/E-MAIL FOR AOS, AP, EAD :thumbs:

5/25/18 MONEY ORDER CASHED

5/29/18 NOA LETTERS RECEIVED (AOS, AP, EAD)

6/8/18 BIO APPT LETTER RECEIVED (BIO APPT. 6/19)

6/11/18 BIO DONE (WENT IN EARLY ) :dance:

6/12/18 FINGERPRINTS RECEIVED AS PER PHONE CALL TO USCIS

9/28/18 RFE FOR AOS STATUS CHANGE - EAD/AP SAME STATUS (DAY 136):cry:

10/9/18 RECEIVED RFE LETTER 

10/19/18 SENT RFE RESPONSE :ot2:

10/23/18 USCIS UPDATE RECEIVED RFE RESPONSE (DAY 1)

11/6/18 Requested an Inquiry for I-131  (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/8/18 Requested an inquiry for I-765 (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/16/18 EAD/AP CASE APPROVED :dance:

11/19/18 APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED

11/26/18 EAD/AP CARD RECEIVED

11/27/18 USCIS UPDATE "CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW"

12/4/18 USCIS UPDATE "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED" 

01/10/19 AOS APPOINTMENT! :joy::dance:  APPROVED!!

01/13/19 AOS "APPROVED" Update Text received 

Still waiting on marriage certificate to send in package 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ Idk what's going on? So I guess I will be joining the October filers

Just to clarify we dint pay pay extra for the I-131 right? Full fee is 1225 ??

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

44 minutes ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

Still waiting on marriage certificate to send in package 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ Idk what's going on? So I guess I will be joining the October filers

Just to clarify we dint pay pay extra for the I-131 right? Full fee is 1225 ??

Yep 1225

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/20/2017 at 7:05 PM, RJandHamid said:

I sent the package on September 8 and it was received September 12. Hope your NOA1 letter arrives soon!

Hello! I wonder if you already got niomwtrics appointment and if yes, when? I wanna know how long mine will take. I filed and uscis rwceive date for my aos concurrent filing is sept 19th and sept 25th. I alrwady have my noa1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, AAA0914 said:

Hello! I wonder if you already got niomwtrics appointment and if yes, when? I wanna know how long mine will take. I filed and uscis rwceive date for my aos concurrent filing is sept 19th and sept 25th. I alrwady have my noa1

Hi, yes we had the biometrics appointment yesterday.:)

Here is my timeline:

September 8: package sent

September 12: receive date listed on NOA1

September 22: biometrics appointment letter received

October 2: Biometrics appointment

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Hello,

Just looking for some insight. This is my situation: I am Canadian and my husband is USC. I have been to the US many times before and we have been together for 3 years. I entered the US on August 2 and he proposed August 8 and we got married August 15. 

Married: 08/15

AOS packet sent: 09/25

AOS packet signed and received: 09/26

It is now October 3 and we still have not received any text or email. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

28 minutes ago, kpmartini said:

Hello,

Just looking for some insight. This is my situation: I am Canadian and my husband is USC. I have been to the US many times before and we have been together for 3 years. I entered the US on August 2 and he proposed August 8 and we got married August 15. 

Married: 08/15

AOS packet sent: 09/25

AOS packet signed and received: 09/26

It is now October 3 and we still have not received any text or email. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Yes it's normal, give it a little more time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.