Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

oh got you. 

the i693- did y'all go to a civil surgeon to get additional vaccines? 

also what is the address to send the package to? is the address the same for all persons?

on page 3 and 4 of the i-485 instructuions part c( fiance) says an entire report is not needed just the vaccination supplement does that mean that the i-693 is not needed?

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
20 minutes ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

on page 3 and 4 of the i-485 instructuions part c( fiance) says an entire report is not needed just the vaccination supplement does that mean that the i-693 is not needed?

We just included the DS-3025 that my fiance got when he picked up his medical report. From my understanding and what I have read here on VJ the I-693 is not needed for K-1 filers

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

Timeline
On 2017-09-26 at 2:52 PM, FindHerKeepHer said:

oh got you. 

the i693- did y'all go to a civil surgeon to get additional vaccines? 

also what is the address to send the package to? is the address the same for all persons?

I just included the ds3025 vaccination record I received from my medical.  It seems that's sufficient from other posts.  

The address I used was the Chicago address found under "where to file".

Timeline
On 2017-09-26 at 2:57 PM, FindHerKeepHer said:

Some people get their vaccination record transcribed onto the i-693 (by a civil surgeon) and send that instead of the actual vaccination record.  Personally, I think that is probably the safest way, but many other people have had success without doing it so I decided to save the money. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm just in the process of filing AOS with my partner from Australia.

Has anyone had trouble opening a bank account? I have a bank account through a local credit union, but they said I couldn't put my Aussie partner on it with out a SSN. I was under the assumption he couldn't file for an SSN until he gets his green card. Can someone clarify for me? :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 hours ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Hi all,

Has anyone had trouble opening a bank account? I have a bank account through a local credit union, but they said I couldn't put my Aussie partner on it with out a SSN. I was under the assumption he couldn't file for an SSN until he gets his green card. Can someone clarify for me? :)

He can apply for a SSN by printing out his I-94 record and bringing his passport and SSN application to your local Social Security office. My husband applied a few days after we got married and got his SSN card in the mail just over 1 week later. No need to have the green card. :)

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there, so I came here and got married on a fiancé visa. My husband and I now are filling out the Adjustment of status and applicable forms with it. One question we have is of the I-864 (affidavit of support form) for part 6 where it requests for the numbers on the 3 most recent tax forms. What if there is one year missing and what is an acceptable evidence for not filing? 

Second does it have to be consecutive years? Or just the the last 3 years that were filed? 

Timeline
On 9/18/2017 at 6:13 PM, PR&PR said:

Please let us know. I am curious if this is a valid reason for expedite EAD. If so, I would definitely start looking for a job.

Do we have to put in 2 separate checks one for the $1,140 and one for $85, or do we combine them in one check? 

Timeline
On 9/25/2017 at 3:35 PM, eastcoastgroove said:

Hi everyone!! I just sent off my AOS package today.  Glad to have the ball rolling .... One can only spend so much time lazing around and watching TV 😫

Do we put my maiden name or married name on the applications?

Timeline
1 hour ago, rose_jay said:

Do we put my maiden name or married name on the applications?

I used my married name and made sure to include a copy of the marriage certificate with each application.  I even put a post it on each one saying "to show name change".

I combined both totals for one cheque of $1225.    I haven't gotten NOA1 yet though.  

I am not sure the answer for your tax question, but I know you have space in the back to explain anything.  I would post that question in the main AOS forum if you haven't already.  

Timeline
18 hours ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Hi all,

As Rj said, he can get a SSN now. I think all banks are different though because my husband put me on his account and they would have done it if I didn't have a SSN it seemed (but I did from being a j1 visa holder).  They wouldn't put my married name though since I didn't have any id to match, which was kind of annoying since I had the marriage certificate, but oh well. Your husband won't have that problem at least!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.