Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, JoJoJoJo said:

I later requested to expedite based on a job offer. So my previous SR is marked as "completed".

My status now is This case will be routed for expedited processing.

I hope it means that my expedition request has been approved... Anyone knows?

Hi!

This only means that your request was created and completed, no decision has been made yet.

I had the same experience with mine and did not get a decision until a Tier 2 officer let me know it had been approved 30 days after submitting SR.

6 minutes ago, astronot said:

Hi!

This only means that your request was created and completed, no decision has been made yet.

I had the same experience with mine and did not get a decision until a Tier 2 officer let me know it had been approved 30 days after submitting SR.

Oh no! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Just had a talk with T1 officer. He also thinks that I have waited for longer than normal for an expedited request. So he kindly raised another SR. (My initial SR was made at the end of last year.)

Just want to update everyone who replied to my post the other day about having the RFIE. I just got the email and text updates. They sent my card 4 DAYS after receiving the response to the RFIE. Hope this helps some people out who are in the same boat!! Good luck everyone. This just proves how random USCIS is and how their processing times are not always accurate!

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 9.42.16 PM.png

IMG_5110.png

Edited by kpmartini

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, kpmartini said:

Just want to update everyone who replied to my post the other day about having the RFIE. I just got the email and text updates. They sent my card 4 DAYS after receiving the response to the RFIE. Hope this helps some people out who are in the same boat!! Good luck everyone. This just proves how random USCIS is and how their processing times are not always accurate!

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 9.42.16 PM.png

IMG_5110.png

I forgot, what was your RFE for again?

And see there is RFIE and RFE. One is request for initial evidence, those normally are sent out really quick and I think stop the process and then the RFE who do not impact it as much...or is it the contrary? But there again as you pointed out, they are really random :P 

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Just now, PR&PR said:

I forgot, what was your RFE for again?

And see there is RFIE and RFE. One is request for initial evidence, those normally are sent out really quick and I think stop the process and then the RFE who do not impact it as much...or is it the contrary? But there again as you pointed out, they are really random :P 

I got the RFIE for incorrect address filled out by my lawyer (they put their law firm address). You have got it mixed up. RFIE is the one that resets your clock (since its initial required evidence) RFE (additional evidence) pauses the clock because they need additional info more than just the applications and required documents (more proof). I was told it should come within 75 days as per USCIS. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kpmartini said:

I got the RFIE for incorrect address filled out by my lawyer (they put their law firm address). You have got it mixed up. RFIE is the one that resets your clock (since its initial required evidence) RFE (additional evidence) pauses the clock because they need additional info more than just the applications and required documents (more proof). I was told it should come within 75 days as per USCIS. 

We are saying the same thing buddy ;) ! Glad it went quick :) 

Because of the wording of yours though I thought it was a RFE not a RFIE... As they say request for evidence and not initial. 

Edited by PR&PR

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, Redheadguy03 said:

Got my wife's interview notice in the mail. So, we just have to wait for it! Time to gather some paperwork. 

I'm  curious about what paperwork you're supposed to bring to your interview.  I am an August filer and I am waiting for interview  but I just want to be prepared in case some magic happens and my case gets an interview date in the not so distant future. (Hehe) 

K1 Visa

Spoiler
  • December 21, 2016 - Package Sent
  • December 23, 2016 - Package Received
  • January 05, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
  • January 11, 2017 - NOA1 mail
  • April 04, 2017 - Case Approved
  • April 10, 2017 - NOA2 mail
  • April 24, 2017 - NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned too.
  • April 26, 2017 - Consulate Received
  • May 04, 2017 - Packet 3 Letters Sent.
  • May 15, 2017 - Packet 3 Arrived in Mail
  • June 15 , 2017 - Medical
  • June 16 , 2017 - Biometrics
  • June 20 , 2017 - Interview / Approved! 
  • June 27 , 2017 - Visa on hand
  • June 29 , 2017 - POE / JFK Airport, New York

July 15, 2017:  W E D D I N G ! ! ! ! !

AOS

Spoiler

• Spoiler

• August 16, 2017 - AOS Package Sent / AOS, EAD, AP. Affidavit.
    • August 18, 2017 - Package Received
    • August 26, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
    • August 31, 2017 - NOA1 mail
    • September 05, 2017 - ASC Appoinment letter / mail
    • September 12, 2017 - ASC Appoinment
    • September 20, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    • October 28, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview --AGAIN-- ????
    • November 22, 2017 - EAD/AP  Approval letter in mail
    • November 27, 2017 - EAD/AP Card Received
    • July 24, 2018 - AOS Interview

• July 26, 2018 - AOS approval
  • August 03, 2018 - CARD IN HAND!!!  Finally!

•  

ROC

• May 12, 2020 - Package Sent
  • May 18, 2020 - Package Received
  • June 17, 2020 - Fingerprints letter saying they will use previous data
  • July 08, 2020 - NOA Received
  • December 14, 2020 - Case Update: New Card Being Produced - Email alert
  •  December 15, 2020 - Case Approved - Email alert
  • December 19, 2020 - Approval notice and card received.

:) 

8 hours ago, minemar said:

I'm  curious about what paperwork you're supposed to bring to your interview.  I am an August filer and I am waiting for interview  but I just want to be prepared in case some magic happens and my case gets an interview date in the not so distant future. (Hehe) 

There's  a checklist they give you with your notice that tells you what to bring. 

Hello Everyone! 

So I have been following several posts/forums from this site (and other similar sites) ever since we filed for my wife's AOS (I-485). I am glad to say our visa journey has come to a successful conclusion! I decided to share our experience in hopes of encouraging folks and give some insight; reminding you all that the process is most certainly a CASE by CASE event! 

So here we go:

• 09/22/2017 - AOS Package Sent 
  • 09/25/2017 - AOS Package Received 
  • 10/06/2017 - Biometrics notification for 10/17/2017 received 
  • 10/17/2017 - Biometrics completed 
  • Somewhere between October-November - Received a Request for Initial Evidence (yellow letter) to simply submit a G-325. This form is redundant, in my opinion, given that this biographic info was mostly included in the I-130 & I-485. No biggy!
  • 11/14/2017 - Case updated to Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
  • 01/08/2018 - Received notice (dated 01/03/18) to appear for interview on 02/07/2018!
  • 02/07/2018 - Completed interview. Approved on the spot! Green Card ordered for delivery.
  • 02/12/2018 - Received the official Approval Notice 
  • 02/12/2018 - Green Card mailed out to our home
  • 02/14/2018  Celebrating V-Day sharing our joy with you all, as we wait for the Green Card to arrive. Should arrive soon!

You may all have many questions which I would gladly answer! Here are some quick facts:

Wife and I married on 07/02/2017.

Wife last arrived to U.S. 06/2000.

Wife was a DACA recipient since 2012, so we only filed I-130 & I-485.

We filed in Los Angeles County. Our interview was in Downtown Los Angeles office. Yes, we are amazed on how quick the process was given that the case was processed in Los Angeles, where there are a high number of applicants (we heard it might have taken 6-12 months!).

Wife did not have passport  used when she last entered in 2000; it was lost, but she did have her I-94 which was sufficient. 

The Interview:

We felt pretty confident going in to the interview given that we had sent a whole lot of supporting evidence to validate/support our relationship. Mainly a whole lot of pictures! We had pictures of us when we met about 11 years ago (as teenagers) and all throughout up to our wedding ceremony. Interview was at 9:30 AM and got called in like at 9:35 AM. The gentleman asked us to take an oath and he began check marking most, if not all, pages from the files submitted. I'm guessing this is where the "interview" began because he would ask my wife what my parents' names were; and he would ask me what her parents names were. He asked me where she worked, and vice versa. Again, he would flip pages and asked us to simply confirm the different sections of the files: "so you used to live with your parents in [city] prior to getting married correct?" 

We never got separated into different rooms. We were both present in the same room. After check marking much of the files, the immigration officer said "alright, so just briefly tell me about each other. Any of you two can answer, doesn't matter who. Like, where and when did you meet?" So we both complemented the story on how we met. What we did for fun. The church we attend(ed). About our wedding venue. Not kidding, this part of the interview/conversation only lasted about 5 minutes. 

He then asked us if there are any other supporting evidence we would like to give him. So we gave him joint bank statements, apartment lease contract, health insurance info., car registration, etc. We had  more pictures for him but he kindly declined them because he said we did a very good job on submitting pictures in the package when we filed back in September. He was happy that we provided a good amount of supporting evidence. So after this step, he just started typing some stuff on his computer. I noticed he printed out a copy of the I-94 (which they have on file), and my wife and I just waited in silence not knowing exactly what came next. It was an awkward 15 minutes of silence and he would say "sorry guys, I am just typing some stuff, bare with me." As he was finalizing his typing, he grimaced and said "alright guys, I have forwarded your case for approval, just printing something [the approval letter] now."

At this point, we smiled! He congratulated us, told us the green card should arrive in a week or so, gave us the approval letter, wished us a happy life, and we were out of there in just about an hour! :) 

I hope this was of great help, as many of these posts were of help to me and my wife during our process. We thank God above all! It is all a matter of patience, as every scenario is case by case! The online status-check was delayed a couple days in respect to the letters we would receive in the mail. So do not panic if there is not status update online. If your relationship is genuine, you should have nothing to worry about during the interview. These officers are just folks like you and I who are required to have a convo with you, and can suspect if something does not add up. 

Good luck to you all, and congrats to all of you who have been approved up to this point and to those who will be approved! God bless! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I never submitted evidence with my AOS. Does this mean I'm going to be screwed? It never asked for evidence at that point, did it? I just submitted the documents they asked for.

4 minutes ago, moosy said:

I never submitted evidence with my AOS. Does this mean I'm going to be screwed? It never asked for evidence at that point, did it? I just submitted the documents they asked for.

Hey! 

You are fine. As long as you submit everything it initially asks you to send, you are fine. My wife and I just wanted to “get ahead of the game” and send pictures and other pertinent docs to show as supporting evidence of our relationship. If the files you submitted are missing something, USCIS will let you know! Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

So on Jan 3rd my lawyer put a  inquiry and nothing. Today will mark 150 days and I think ill go crazy if I dont find out whats taking forever. I called USCIS this morning and they said they have started fillers for October and put another inquiry and I should hear something in 30 days. Like WOW, its 5 months and still nothing.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.