methold

I-751 September 2017 Filers

1,635 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, adChi said:

Sep 13, 2017. What is your date of NOA?

Mine's Sep. 5, 2017 :😭. Did you apply for N-400? 

Edited by kathbb

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, kathbb said:

Hi everyone, 

Anyone here who is a Sept '17 CSC filer who got transferred to Nebraska on November 6, 2018 but still hasn't heard anything from immigration. Or if you've heard anything can you share any details? I am still waiting for my case to be processed and was transferred to Nebraska last November. When I checked my case status by phone, the operator said that my case transferred to Laguna, Niguel CA (where I originally filed my case). It's so confusing and I don't know where exactly my case is at right now. I received a notice that my case was transferred to Nebraska but the operator says my case is in California. Anyone who has the same situation? 

I'm in same situation here ... those operators picking up calls at the uscis seems more confused than we the applicants :) most times their information aren't useful except you get to speak with a tier II officer.

However, it looks like most September 2017 fillers who got transferred to NBC are those who filed for N400 while the i-751 is pending and processing time now depend on your local office processing time for N400.

1 hour ago, V24 said:

Mines September 6th. Didn’t apply for n-400. Did you? 

I didn't apply for N-400 too. Thought it might just make it longer. 

9 minutes ago, mymercy said:

I'm in same situation here ... those operators picking up calls at the uscis seems more confused than we the applicants :) most times their information aren't useful except you get to speak with a tier II officer.

However, it looks like most September 2017 fillers who got transferred to NBC are those who filed for N400 while the i-751 is pending and processing time now depend on your local office processing time for N400.

I didn't apply for N-400 though. That's why I'm wondering why my case got transferred. But most WAC1733900 got transferred to a different office. Don't know if all were transferred to Nebraska but mine was. The last time I was able to talk to a tier II IO, he told me that I should be getting a good news soon but that was more 2 months ago. :( 

1 hour ago, kathbb said:

I didn't apply for N-400 though. That's why I'm wondering why my case got transferred. But most WAC1733900 got transferred to a different office. Don't know if all were transferred to Nebraska but mine was. The last time I was able to talk to a tier II IO, he told me that I should be getting a good news soon but that was more 2 months ago. :( 

It seems to me (and this is just my guess) that there are 3 types of transfer: 1. The systemic glitch back in Feb-April that everybody gets. 2. NBC (or to Local Office) for those who filed for their N-400 and still  have their I-751 pending.  3. The last transfer is to Nebraska/TX/other regional USCIS Support Centers for those who originally filed at CSC or VSC (main Support Centers) but live in other parts of the US other than West or East coasts. Because it makes better sense to transfer the workload to those regional Support Centers for them to handle applications from like TX, KS, FL,...etc and remain the West/East Coast applications at CSC and VSC. it looks like you live in the Midwest so Nebraska location is chosen for your application to be transfer to. 

Filed: Timeline
26 minutes ago, AverageJoe said:

It seems to me (and this is just my guess) that there are 3 types of transfer: 1. The systemic glitch back in Feb-April that everybody gets. 2. NBC (or to Local Office) for those who filed for their N-400 and still  have their I-751 pending.  3. The last transfer is to Nebraska/TX/other regional USCIS Support Centers for those who originally filed at CSC or VSC (main Support Centers) but live in other parts of the US other than West or East coasts. Because it makes better sense to transfer the workload to those regional Support Centers for them to handle applications from like TX, KS, FL,...etc and remain the West/East Coast applications at CSC and VSC. it looks like you live in the Midwest so Nebraska location is chosen for your application to be transfer to. 

I’m in Texas so sounds about right. This means we are one of the few who might have been approved faster if we had applied for n400? 

2 minutes ago, V24 said:

I’m in Texas so sounds about right. This means we are one of the few who might have been approved faster if we had applied for n400? 

So if you had applied for N-400 and your case has been transferred to local USCIS field office for interview then it really depends on how busy your local office is to schedule your interview. For some people it might be shorter and vice versa. 

48 minutes ago, AverageJoe said:

Um not quite so.. we live on the East Coast, so our case should have ideally stayed in VSC.  But instead we were transferred to TX. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, AverageJoe said:

So if you had applied for N-400 and your case has been transferred to local USCIS field office for interview then it really depends on how busy your local office is to schedule your interview. For some people it might be shorter and vice versa. 

that's right ... for us in Dallas, that's like  between 12 - 18 months more wait :)

3 hours ago, AverageJoe said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am none of those things. I did not apply for N-400 and I live in Cali. I got transferred to Nebraska on Nov. 6th. I follow about 15 cases with a serial before mine and about 10 after, and all of them got moved on Nov. 6th. There's no pattern I'm afraid, they probably just literally took a few boxes of cases and sent them to Nebraska.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, mymercy said:

that's right ... for us in Dallas, that's like  between 12 - 18 months more wait :)

I think we'll be done earlier then we think:) for example in  my office estimated time is 13.5-19 months, my account showing 10 months, statistics on vj showing average 8 months. I filed on 09.07.18 and hoping to be done in 4 months. We'll see:)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.