44 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

You don't see the reasons, but they doubt your motives for getting married.  What is clear to you isn't to them. 

No, seriously there is no reason to doubt anything. We are going through this because the officer did not read the case carefully, if you read our noid (link above) you'll see. The officer's arguments are all wrong. Well, except for one - we did not change addresses on w2s, that the only correct argument she made. Everything else is pure disorganization on uscis part, they should pay more attention.

Edited by banana_princess

Citizenship:

09/15/2020 - Filed online. Estimated completion given - July 2021 (10 months).

January 2021 - biometric reuse letter

April 2021 - interview scheduled

24/05/2021 - Interview (approved)

Passport:

July 23 - applied, expedited service

August 11 - received the passport

Aug. 16 (approximately) - received passport card

August 20 - received citizenship certificate back

Story of my almost 3 years long pending AOS - click below for details

Spoiler

• March 10 2015 - USCIS received i-130/i-485
  • March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • June 27 2016 - After Infopass, went to senator Durbin office in Chicago.
  • July 8 2016 - Went to Mike Quigley office.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 17 2016: Filed Ombudsman.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • July 29 2016: Sent another useless SR just because.
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: called the supervisor, no answer.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 19 2016: sent a letter to the director of Chicago Field Office.
  • November 22 2016: sent Service Request about i-485 (Lol[2])
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • Jan 27 - sent a service request regarding I-130.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • March 10 2017 - 2 years AOS anniversary...wow. 
  • March 31 - The response to the noid is received by uscis!
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 3:  biometrics
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 
  • December 14: Called uscis, tier 2 officer told me that the case is approved.
  • December 18: Received Approval notice (Dated December 12)

Long story short:
After the initial interview we received:

1) a RFE asking for the same papers again,

2) then were asked to come to the 2nd interview that went fine of course, 

3) then a NOID that was full of mistakes.

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

We had a stokes at our AOS interview, were separated and asked about 50 or more questions each.
We were asked everything from general questions to very specific questions.

How much money has he send home

Names of siblings
Interaction of me with his family

His and my previous relationships
Why I ended my previous relationship from about 9 years ago :huh:

Intimate sexual questions I am not going into here  :rolleyes:

Do we attend church
Were he has friends
Trips taken
What was the wedding night like, what did we do  :o
Who pays when we eat out
What do we have in common
Who handles the finances
Who is more dominant
Why did we engage on the 1. trip
Does he have kids   :rolleyes:

We met 2009 online.
We met face to face 2010, engaged.
Filed K1 = 16 months in AP, visa refused, petition returned.
5 trips to visit him.
Second K1 filed,front loaded, #25 pounds of evidence, approved 2014, married.
Filed AOS May 2015, lots of mingled evidence.
Interview Sept 2016, stokes, went well.
Home visit July, 2017, went well  (thread title = Surprise home visit, AOS). Investigators came from TX, our field office backlogged.
Numerous service requests, senator inquiry, Ombudsman throughout the entire journey.
Case sitting on IO's desk waiting for review from home visit according to service request, out of security checks.
Waiting, not risking WOM.
Happy for 8 years, 3rd wedding anniversary soon.

Red flags perhaps  = USC naturalized  / USC had previous K1 and broke off that relationship 9 years ago / trips to Turkey both of us /

In a nut shell, they will ask questions on whatever your red flags are, whatever they do not like, to see if you come up with the same
answers. We had slightly different answers on stuff that didn't matter, on about 2 questions. IO said she will wrap up the case in 2-4
weeks, it turned into a home visit almost a year later still waiting. There was a boat load full of quality evidence from 2009-current
with our K1 and AOS.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

OP, you might want to watch that movie Green Card starring Gerard Depardieu and Andie MacDowell. It shows the case of stokes interview pretty well. They probably suspect that your friend married to stay in US, so he better be prepared for all kinds of questions.

2 hours ago, amul said:

From what I have read and heard, a Stokes interview can be brutal, intrusive and almost hostile. :wacko:

Exactly. Intrusive and hostile like a visit to the gynecologist I'm sure.

Our was not brutal, the most intimate question was about scars/tatoos : )  I just thought it was ridiculously dumb :dead: (i mean, did they seriously expect us to get those questions wrong? :wacko::wacko:)

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

• March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 

Long story short:

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

With a genuine marriage shouldnt most couples be fine??

i would have been excited to give a stokes interview perhaps to show them how much we know each other 🤣

Just generally i thought reason for fear is when it's not a genuine marriage. 

13 hours ago, amul said:

From what I have read and heard, a Stokes interview can be brutal, intrusive and almost hostile. :wacko:

Also, your friend might want to join VJ as well, so that the seasoned VJers can offer the appropriate suggestions "in person". When it comes to immigration woes, especially something like a Stokes interview, the whole Chinese whispers (telephone game) thing can create unnecessary static.

Wishing him the best.

Thanks for your response and I'll fwd your message.

13 hours ago, Longingfor said:

The interview will be deeply intrusive and very personal. They will interview your friend and his wife separately so they better have a bonafide marriage. This is done to verify answers. Hope they truly know each other. Your friend should also brace himself for a surprise home visit either before or after the interview.

Yes, I have heard similar esp the home visitation part. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Auds said:

i would have been excited to give a stokes interview perhaps to show them how much we know each other 🤣

Some people tend to be nervous even when they're doing the right thing, it's human nature. :)

10 hours ago, Sunnyland said:

OP, you might want to watch that movie Green Card starring Gerard Depardieu and Andie MacDowell. It shows the case of stokes interview pretty well. They probably suspect that your friend married to stay in US, so he better be prepared for all kinds of questions.

Righto! Ill suggest that movie to him, thanks!

10 hours ago, Ebunoluwa said:

We had a stokes at our AOS interview, were separated and asked about 50 or more questions each.
We were asked everything from general questions to very specific questions.

How much money has he send home

Names of siblings
Interaction of me with his family

His and my previous relationships
Why I ended my previous relationship from about 9 years ago :huh:

Intimate sexual questions I am not going into here  :rolleyes:

Do we attend church
Were he has friends
Trips taken
What was the wedding night like, what did we do  :o
Who pays when we eat out
What do we have in common
Who handles the finances
Who is more dominant
Why did we engage on the 1. trip
Does he have kids   :rolleyes:

We met 2009 online.
We met face to face 2010, engaged.
Filed K1 = 16 months in AP, visa refused, petition returned.
5 trips to visit him.
Second K1 filed,front loaded, #25 pounds of evidence, approved 2014, married.
Filed AOS May 2015, lots of mingled evidence.
Interview Sept 2016, stokes, went well.
Home visit July, 2017, went well  (thread title = Surprise home visit, AOS). Investigators came from TX, our field office backlogged.
Numerous service requests, senator inquiry, Ombudsman throughout the entire journey.
Case sitting on IO's desk waiting for review from home visit according to service request, out of security checks.
Waiting, not risking WOM.
Happy for 8 years, 3rd wedding anniversary soon.

Red flags perhaps  = USC naturalized  / USC had previous K1 and broke off that relationship 9 years ago / trips to Turkey both of us /

In a nut shell, they will ask questions on whatever your red flags are, whatever they do not like, to see if you come up with the same
answers. We had slightly different answers on stuff that didn't matter, on about 2 questions. IO said she will wrap up the case in 2-4
weeks, it turned into a home visit almost a year later still waiting. There was a boat load full of quality evidence from 2009-current
with our K1 and AOS.

Thanks for giving out the details on your interview. Much appreciated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sunnyland said:

Yes, it was some movie! Ahh, that scene was something! :(

11 hours ago, Sunnyland said:

Ummm, errr -- I take the 5th! :whistle::D

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Expect your friend to feel violated after it. Ours was one, but then again my husband had to 2 step adjust from removal proceedings so it was expected. They can be shorter, they can be long, they can involve both parties being separated. We had a home visit as well. IO will ask questions and try mind games with you. As in doubling back and saying "but I thought you said X?" Knowing fully well you said Y, they just want you to restate or break and fall apart under pressure if it was a lie. They will use scare tactics like saying "I don't think a part of your petition has been done properly" like they did with us as well, anything to get a reaction. The best thing I could advise is learn stoicism. We stayed stone faced the whole time. 

If your friend is ill informed and yet has a lawyer, it might be time for a new lawyer. 

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

3 hours ago, Auds said:

Yeah, I was even disappointed lol i thought it would be tricky but no. But again you know, slightly different choise of words could change things, or you could just forget something. Like I forgot my own job lol. Well thats human's mind. (The officer messed up my A number. So she should understand lol) And also technically there was one more question I thought we answered slightly differently, but when the lawyer showed me the transcript it didn't sound like it - the choice of words did it.

Also I read a story when a couple was asked about what color is their blanket and one said green, another one said brown. Because to one it looked green to the other one it looked brown : )

So I guess people could be nervious. I was just mad at the whole situation.

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Geeze tbh a stokes is like the last straw. They are pretty much saying "we don't believe u r a real couple"

Why does the OP have red flags? Age, religion. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sam Mirza said:

Thanks for your response and I'll fwd your message.

Yes, I have heard similar esp the home visitation part. Thanks

I found this blog post that might help -- I feel that it covers all bases pretty well. http://rjtimmigration.com/lawyer/2012/05/28/Permanent-Residence-or-Green-Cards/So-you’ve-been-scheduled-for-a-Stokes-interview--What-now_bl4235.htm

This part especially: "

The problem with the Stokes questions is not that they are difficult, but that they require us to remember details we may deem insignificant and easily forget.  For instance, why do I need to remember the color of the curtains or my spouse’s pajamas?  Well in the Stokes context these minute details make a difference.  Also, again when you’re nervous you tend to forget many things you may know perfectly well otherwise.

My third piece of advice is to answer the question asked and think before you speak.  Now that may sound simple or obvious.  However, many people race to answer a question quickly and then say the wrong thing, when had they paused and thought about the question, they would have answered correctly.  Also, be concise with your answers, the officer does not want to know extraneous details about your life in the answer.  It may only cause the officer to delve deeper and create unnecessary confusion.

Finally, it may be comforting to know that you do not need to get every single question correct in order to pass your Stokes interview.   As noted above, you will be given the opportunity to clarify discrepancies."

I was rear ended and had to take legal action and in the legal proceedings, I had to practice answering only what the attorney would ask, which I realized was harder than expected for me! Everyone is different, but I tend to lalala when I am nervous and give details that are not pertinent, so I really had to reel myself in and stay calm, breath, think and respond and stay concise.

Bottomline, the officer will not be asking you anything other than your daily life with your spouse. You are not going to be asked to explain the quantum field theory, so I do not see a reason to "study" anything.

Staying calm is the key. Nerves get the best of us and we look nervous when we have no reason to be. I know, we both were so nervous on our interview -- on the surface you could see that we were, but all of our answers were dead on since we lived these facts.

My motto is, expect any and all questions, breath, think and answer. :) 

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.