JefLyn4ever

Proof of Domicile Not Sufficient

17 posts in this topic

I need help.  My husband's case is CR1 DCF US Embassy Manila.  We had our interview today and I, wife and petitioner, received a 221g for proof of domicile.  The proofs I submitted was insufficient, credit card statements from Sears and Chase, NJ Driver's License expiring in 2020, and the Balikbayan Stamp on my US Passport expiring on November 1, 2017.  Can someone tell me what other proofs I can submit?  Letter from my mother stating that there are 3 bedrooms, 1 mine, 1 my brother's and the other my parents and my stuff are still there in my room, show my flight itinerary back to US and receipt, conversation with my sister asking her for permission if we, my husband and I, can visit her first in California before we fly to New Jersey, conversation with my friends that I will arrive around October, bank account that is open with little amount of money?  Would that suffice? Your input is truly appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What about utility bills where you live?   Showing your name on the electric bill, or water bill?  Cable bill?  

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

3 minutes ago, Beth & Achraf said:

What about utility bills where you live?   Showing your name on the electric bill, or water bill?  Cable bill?  

The bills and lease are under my mother's name.  How about closing my bank account here in the Philippines and asking my landlady that I will be leaving on so and so date?

Edited by JefLyn4ever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What do you have to show your US Domicile otherwise just becomes a guessing game.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 8/16/2017 at 1:48 AM, f f said:

a job in the us? have you move back start setting up a place for you two to live?

you essentially need things that would force you to go back. credit cards and ids can be done anywhere.

I left my job.  I doubt you can get a NJ Driver's License anywhere, pretty hard to replicate.  I already have an apartment.  I live with my parents, 3 bedroom apartment. 1 for parents, 1 for bother, 1 for me.  I will still go home there along with my husband.  Apartment is under my parents names though.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:48 PM, Boiler said:

What do you have to show your US Domicile otherwise just becomes a guessing game.

I mentioned it in my post, NJ Driver's License valid until June 2020, mail from credit cards I have, and Balikbayan Visa stamp letting me stay in the Philippines until November 1, 2017 which I did not violate since it is still valid.  I will send them a return ticket itinerary, a letter from my mother stating all my valuables are still there like 47 inch smart tv, laptop and important documents like HS Diploma, Birth Certificate.  I will also show an email from my open bank account in US. I will also have my landlord write me a letter that I have told her in advance that I will not renew the lease agreement for my apartment in Philippines and I will vacate by October.

Timeline

For the first 8 years I was in the US I had my UK DL, still have my UK Bank Account, cards etc etc. I have not been domiciled in the UK for a very long time.

Some Consulates are easier than others, I know none of that would fly in Canada for example. Check what others doing DCF have been able to get away with in PI.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

For the first 8 years I was in the US I had my UK DL, still have my UK Bank Account, cards etc etc. I have not been domiciled in the UK for a very long time.

Some Consulates are easier than others, I know none of that would fly in Canada for example. Check what others doing DCF have been able to get away with in PI.

I've only been here in the Philippines for 8 months and the last time I visited was May 2005.  Serioiusly, do they think I would petition my husband and pay all those expensive fees if I don't intend to leave from here.  I'd be an illegal citizen in a third world country when I am a Citizen of the US.  Plus, with border patrol officers, they won't let my husband enter without me being in the States first...LoL!

Edited by JefLyn4ever

Filed: Country:
Timeline
25 minutes ago, JefLyn4ever said:

I've only been here in the Philippines for 8 months and the last time I visited was May 2005.  Serioiusly, do they think I would petition my husband and pay all those expensive fees if I don't intend to leave from here.  I'd be an illegal citizen in a third world country when I am a Citizen of the US.  Plus, with border patrol officers, they won't let my husband enter without me being in the States first...LoL!

you didn't see your husband for 12 years? assuming the last time you saw him was in 2005. and then you applied for a visa before going out to see him. they may suspect fraud since that does not seem like a normal time line and they just using the establish domicile as the reason for delaying the visa.

also the credit cards and bank accounts and ids would cause you no harm if you simply didn't return. you need to do things like apply /get a job here or move out of your parents and get your own place essentially establish you are going to be there long term and not just visit your parents and stay in thier spare room.

Edited by f f

Timeline

You are missing the point, I know and stated that Canada is very restrictive as to what they expect to see, London much less so as far as Domicile is concerned.

Basic rule when Immigration as you to jump, you ask how high.

2 minutes ago, f f said:

you didn't see your husband for 12 years? assuming the last time you saw him was in 2005. and then you applied for a visa before going out to see him. they may suspect fraud since that does not seem like a normal time line and they just using the establish domicile as the reason for delaying the visa.

LoL, I was born in the Philippines so I went for a visit 12 years ago so I don't just go to the Philippines for my husband's sake.  Besides I didn't know him them, we just got married this May 5, 2017.  So my purpose for my temporary stay in the Philippines was to plan a wedding, meet the in-laws, and petition him through direct consular filing (fastest route, but need to show 6 months stay) that is why I am here for 8 months.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/17/2017 at 3:31 AM, JefLyn4ever said:

LoL, I was born in the Philippines so I went for a visit 12 years ago so I don't just go to the Philippines for my husband's sake.  Besides I didn't know him them, we just got married this May 5, 2017.  So my purpose for my temporary stay in the Philippines was to plan a wedding, meet the in-laws, and petition him through direct consular filing (fastest route, but need to show 6 months stay) that is why I am here for 8 months.

a proof of dominicile you can pass is your federal income tax 

All I showed was a screenshot from my future boss with a letter explaining it and a screenshot from my friend talking about splitting expenses and a letter explaining it. They also asked me my plan at the interview so it added more intent to domicile

On 15 August 2017 at 4:04 PM, JefLyn4ever said:

I need help.  My husband's case is CR1 DCF US Embassy Manila.  We had our interview today and I, wife and petitioner, received a 221g for proof of domicile.  The proofs I submitted was insufficient, credit card statements from Sears and Chase, NJ Driver's License expiring in 2020, and the Balikbayan Stamp on my US Passport expiring on November 1, 2017.  Can someone tell me what other proofs I can submit?  Letter from my mother stating that there are 3 bedrooms, 1 mine, 1 my brother's and the other my parents and my stuff are still there in my room, show my flight itinerary back to US and receipt, conversation with my sister asking her for permission if we, my husband and I, can visit her first in California before we fly to New Jersey, conversation with my friends that I will arrive around October, bank account that is open with little amount of money?  Would that suffice? Your input is truly appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Get notarised affidavits from where ever you will be living as well as family members confirming your return. Make sure to include photocopy of the persons ID

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.