2,746 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ajt3 said:

Yes this is what I was thinking too.But they basically think of not allowing people too often if they have " immediate relative" in the States.But they don't have any.And I am the one who will travel with them too.I guess I have to ask the Attorney about it .Will you be travelling alone?

Your spouse who is the USC would be considered a relative, no? I am traveling alone. My father doesn’t need a visa to get in so I don’t have that issue. But I did have to help his girlfriend with her visa application for both of them to visit me later in the year. She hasn’t had her interview but I have helped her with the DS-160. Your parents will need to show proof that they will go home after the visit. Having return flight tickets will be a good start, as well as ownership of property back in their home country, jobs, if any, and other assets they are keeping. If you have other siblings who are in your home country, I think that’s also a good sign.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

Your spouse who is the USC would be considered a relative, no? I am traveling alone. My father doesn’t need a visa to get in so I don’t have that issue. But I did have to help his girlfriend with her visa application for both of them to visit me later in the year. She hasn’t had her interview but I have helped her with the DS-160. Your parents will need to show proof that they will go home after the visit. Having return flight tickets will be a good start, as well as ownership of property back in their home country, jobs, if any, and other assets they are keeping. If you have other siblings who are in your home country, I think that’s also a good sign.

Thank u so much..Thanks a lot.Actually my husband will be a relative of my parents but won't be an "Immediate Relative" which includes Spouse,child,parents and siblings I guess.Yes I will convey the information to them.This will be their first visit to the States.And my Dad has his office here which he owns and brother is here too.So I hope my parents will get visa soon and it won't be any problem.

7 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Thank u so much..Thanks a lot.Actually my husband will be a relative of my parents but won't be an "Immediate Relative" which includes Spouse,child,parents and siblings I guess.Yes I will convey the information to them.This will be their first visit to the States.And my Dad has his office here which he owns and brother is here too.So I hope my parents will get visa soon and it won't be any problem.

Sounds good. If I recall correctly, after the question on immediate relatives, the next one is 'any other relatives'. But I think your folks look like they have good proof of intent to return. Good luck!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

Sounds good. If I recall correctly, after the question on immediate relatives, the next one is 'any other relatives'. But I think your folks look like they have good proof of intent to return. Good luck!

Yes.But now my main concern is my own Visa..I want to complete the procedure ASAP.And thank u for all the info.😇

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
18 hours ago, Jer1234 said:

U mean the ds 261 confirmation page? Or the nvc welcome letter which was emailed to my wife?

NVC welcome letter which has the cover sheet to mail with your documents. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:33 PM, annabelpb said:

Ugh, I feel your pain @LadyTT357! 

I called yesterday too as they told me it was not going to take longer than 8 weeks to get my case number (NOA2 March 15th, NVC received it March 30th).  So when I finally called after memoral day weekend, I was only told I still don't have a case number and they aren't sure how long it will take.  My embassy is moving to CEAC but they have no visibility on why it is taking so long and just said to keep calling once a week :( . And then he said it would be 6-7 weeks more processing once they got my files before they pass over to the embassy. 

We had really been hoping to move back to the US by August (we have two small children so all live over in Australia together but hoping to move back home to be with my parents) and whilst that seemed like a possibility when we got our NOA2 in March, this NVC process seems to be taking so long and so discouraging :( 

We just gotta keep encouraging ourselves because this is not easy nor is it for everybody. The thing that keeps me going and encouraged is 1.) Most important: I love my husband very much and he's worth the wait. 2.) The worst is pretty much over and I can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel 3.) Coming out of this is going to make me and my husband all the more stronger for it....and the life that we will spend together that much more enjoyable. :) Remain encouraged, everyone, even if you need to vent and scream for a little moment (like me) LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, ms_bobdog said:

If it helps at all, there have been cases of people who were told that their countdown starts from when CEAC receives their case, but they really didn't have to wait that long. So, there is hope. I cannot for the life of me figure out what they need to do that takes weeks to generate a case number.

Thank you for your response and I am quite hopeful. I don't understand what they need to do either that would take so long. At least let us make our payments and upload what we need to upload.  Years ago I used to do data entry, processing approx. 200 applications a day for healthcare enrollment. And that involved verifying all birth certificates, SSN, permanent residence, tax transcripts, paystubs, etc., and the application itself. Shouldn't take 8 weeks! Hire me, and let me verify my self! LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good Afternoon guys, 8 weeks today since NVC received officially my case, but with the past Monday Memorial Day, I think that by next Monday my case Number should be ready! Just waiting and avoiding stress and other harmful feelings!

Hoping that I´m getting out the 2nd "long" wait, one more left, when the case is ready for the interview untill the interview date is ready!

February 2016: We met in our jobs.

May 31 2016: We became a couple. :dancing:

August 16 2016: Engaged.

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

CR-1 Visa Journey ... Service Center: Nebraska. Embassy: Bogotá , Colombia.

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Monday, August 21 2017 (Day 1) :  I - 130 sent. 

Monday, August 28 2017 (Day 7) : NOA(Received via e-mail and SMS).  :dance:

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Saturday, March 17 2018 (Day 205) : USCIS RFE  arrived via post mail.

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Wednesday, April 4 2018 (Day 223) : Case Received.

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Monday, June 18 2018 (Day 298) : Full Package sent to NVC via post mail

Tuesday, June 19 2018 (Day 299): DS-260 unlocked to fill it online.

Wednesday, June 20 2018 (Day 300): DS-260 filled online.

Thursday, June 21 2018 (Day 301): Scan Date.

Monday, July 2 2018 (Day 312):  Case Completed and ready for an Interview.

Friday, July 13 2018 (Day 323): Interview Letter Received.:dancing::dance:

Monday, July 23 2018 (Day 333): Case Left NVC.

(U.S Colombian Embassy Stage) :

Monday, August 6 2018 (Day 347): Blood Test and chest X rays. (Done)

Wednesday, August 8 2018 (Day 349): Medical Exam. (Done)

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, August 22 2018 (Day 363): Interview... Approved! :dancing::dance:

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

... "Nobody said it was easy" ... Coldplay: The Scientist Single.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jhonny said:

Good Afternoon guys, 8 weeks today since NVC received officially my case, but with the past Monday Memorial Day, I think that by next Monday my case Number should be ready! Just waiting and avoiding stress and other harmful feelings!

Hoping that I´m getting out the 2nd "long" wait, one more left, when the case is ready for the interview untill the interview date is ready!

You will get the case number soon.Keep calling them .If possible call them either in the morning or around night time like an hour or 2 before closing.That time the call gets connected fast.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ajt3 said:

We have appointed Attorney for the whole thing.I guess she will be doing all these behalf of us.Still I doubt she will.As sometimes seems like I know things better than her😁😁😁 .

But did u do the medical from public clinic? As per I know u have to do it from their own appointed clinics.And the vaccinations are something I'm scared of 😑😟

it will be at apollo hospital in india.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:21 PM, shan.ali2017 said:

JUST RCVD EMAIL FROM NVC WITH CASE NUMBER AND INV NUMBER, PAID ALREADY ONLINE.

NVC RCV DATE APRIL 11 2018. PRIORITY DATE WAS AUGUST 07, 2017

So envious here 😢 mine was received april 4th and just called nvc and still no case number. They just forwarded my case to their supervisor today. 😧 another 2 months down the drain and so are my tears going down there 😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mrs.D11 said:

So envious here 😢 mine was received april 4th and just called nvc and still no case number. They just forwarded my case to their supervisor today. 😧 another 2 months down the drain and so are my tears going down there 😭

Hey keep your head up..it will happen this week. ...dont stress..everything will work out

17 hours ago, Jer1234 said:

Hey keep your head up..it will happen this week. ...dont stress..everything will work out

Thank you for the support. Was just really hoping to get it last wk. I've been patiently hoping and waiting. 😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mrs.D11 said:

Thank you for the support. Was just really hoping to get it last wk. I've been patiently hoping and waiting. 😔

Remember u were approved by uscis ..nvc is just a bit backlogged. .everything will be ok

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.