lutz

Husband's Reaffirmed Petition Approved

27 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, JListon said:

Lutz, congrats!

Also waiting to receive a mail from the USCIS. Case was received at USCIS on March 7th, 2017. How many more days do you think we can possibly receive a mail. And what do you think we need to do while awaiting

My case was returned to the USCIS on March 10TH. Got my NOID on June 6th. I sent more evidence on June 9th.

Got reaffirmed on July 11th. My advice is that you should start putting more evidence together so that you don't have to wait for a long time to respond to the NOID.

37 minutes ago, efofie said:

Interview was 10/26/2015. My case was returned to the USCIS on March 10TH 2016. Got my NOID on June 6th 2017. I sent more evidence on June 9th.

Got reaffirmed on July 11th 2017. My advice is that you should start putting more evidence together so that you don't have to wait for a long time to respond to the NOID.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

congratulations

all of us who went thru a long process understand

our CR1 was sent in 4/2010

finally approved 7/2015 after a denial and appeal 

it is heartbreaking at times.  Be happy and enjoy your life when you are finally together

to all of you contacting Senator, there is a release form you need to sign for Senator's  office to look into case

also understand that after that if you google your name, you will see case is being looked into by Homeland Security / that is what i found out

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, lutz said:

I want to thank all of you here on VJ for all the great advice and encouragement over these past few years.  My husband's IR1 visa was approved today, thank God very much.  Luckily, he was asked only a few basic questions.  The officer had taken all of his evidence, looked it over, then called him to the window.  There he was just asked if his case was a reaffirmed one, how many children he has and if his child will immigrate with him.  That was it.  The embassy personnel then gave him the long awaited blue slip of paper instructing him to pick up his visa in 2 weeks. It has been such a long and stressful journey and I wanted to share our success to give others hope.  

Oh Lutz I am soooooooo thrilled and happy for you. And glad you got so proactive and went over there. Way to have your husbands back. I am sure it was a BIG plus with the CO. Congratulations to you both. 

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, efofie said:

My case was returned to the USCIS on March 10TH. Got my NOID on June 6th. I sent more evidence on June 9th.

Got reaffirmed on July 11th. My advice is that you should start putting more evidence together so that you don't have to wait for a long time to respond to the NOID.

Thank you

Timeline
1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Oh Lutz I am soooooooo thrilled and happy for you. And glad you got so proactive and went over there. Way to have your husbands back. I am sure it was a BIG plus with the CO. Congratulations to you both. 

dwheels....thank you so much for the kind words.  As you know, it's been such a long and stressful journey and we are both just glad it's over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 8/7/2017 at 1:49 PM, lutz said:

I want to thank all of you here on VJ for all the great advice and encouragement over these past few years.  My husband's IR1 visa was approved today, thank God very much.  Luckily, he was asked only a few basic questions.  The officer had taken all of his evidence, looked it over, then called him to the window.  There he was just asked if his case was a reaffirmed one, how many children he has and if his child will immigrate with him.  That was it.  The embassy personnel then gave him the long awaited blue slip of paper instructing him to pick up his visa in 2 weeks. It has been such a long and stressful journey and I wanted to share our success to give others hope.  

Congratulations I'm sooo happy to hear that you all have been approve and that the journey has to come an end 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/7/2017 at 0:49 PM, lutz said:

Congratulations for being so strong! The light at the end of the tunnel has arrived :)

Timeline
22 hours ago, efofie said:

There seems to be some movement to get reaffirmed cases completed and out of the way.  I am thankful so many couples are receiving their visas in order to go on with our lives.

• 1 year later...
Timeline
On 8/7/2017 at 5:49 PM, lutz said:

Pls how did ur hubby get a new interview. Did the embassy schedule it or NVC and how long did it take after embassy received your reaffirmed petition to scheduling an interview.

Once again congrats 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.