autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Has anyone’s status changed?

When I look up my case numbers on USCIS so far nothing has changed. I-485 says fingerprint fee received. That’s all. Even if I had my fingerprint appointment last week. 

May 20th: we got married 

August 7: I130, I131, I485, I765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox 

August 10: package arrived

August 10: priority date 

August 16: checks cashed 

August 17: received notification via text and email

August 22: received NOA’S

August 25: received biometrics appointment

Sept 5: Biometrics done

Oct 10: submitted expedite

Oct 17: faxed job offer

Nov 14: interview scheduled

Dec 19: interview 

Dec 19: Interview done

Dec 19: Approved and temporary stamp in passport

Jan 1: Green Card received in mailbox

Jun 19 2019: ROC

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 9/8/2017 at 6:28 PM, rali said:

I received the biometric letter today in the mail.

The appointment was for Sep 18 but I dropped in today itself for a successful walk in.

I had to explain why I showed up early to the center manager and he accepted my request.

It only took 10 minutes. As soon as I left the office I submitted a SR to expedite my EAD.

That's awesome... I have a question so you summited the SR to expedite the EAD the same day that you did the biometrics... They allow that??... Good luck

Edited by NYC August Filler
Misspelled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, JackUrban said:

Has anyone’s status changed?

When I look up my case numbers on USCIS so far nothing has changed. I-485 says fingerprint fee received. That’s all. Even if I had my fingerprint appointment last week. 

Same thing for me.  I take it as a good thing actually.  It means no RFE's have been issued!  I'm trying to enjoy this time of waiting because well, we've got lots of other things going on and it's all up to USCIS now.  We all technically only sent in our paperwork a month (some of us, even less!) ago.  It's still the first phase of all this so I say get comfortable. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sudan
Timeline
1 hour ago, NYC August Filler said:

That's awesome... I have a question so you summited the SR to expedite the EAD the same day that you did the biometrics... They allow that??... Good luck

Yes they allow that 

Aug 18, 2017       Concurrent Filing to Adjust Status (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864) 

Aug 21, 2017       AOS Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

Aug 29, 2017       SMS and Emails Received

Sep 01, 2017       4 NOAs Received in the Mail

Sep 08, 2017       Biometrics Appointment Received in Mail (Appointment for Sep 18) 

Sep 08, 2017       Biometrics Walk-in Successful

Sep 08, 2017       Called USCIS and Requested to Expedite I-765

Sep 09, 2017       Received Email From USCIS to Fax Job Offer (Faxed Job Offer on the Same Day)

Sep 23, 2017       Received RFIE for I-864. Response to RFIE sent on Sep 25

Sep 28, 2017       I-485 Status changed to "Response To Request For Evidence Was Received"

Sep 29, 2017       EAD New Card is Approved on Day 42 (2 hours after submitting a 2nd expedite request)

Oct 06, 2017        EAD Compo Card in Hand. Status on USCIS still showing Card Being Produced

Oct 06, 2017        EAD Compo Card in Hand. Status on USCIS still showing Card Being Produced

Mar 16, 2018        Case is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview 

Sep 27, 2018        Interview Was Scheduled (Received Interview Notice For Nov 07,2018 )

Nov 07, 2018        Approved! New Card Is Being Produced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 9.9.2017 at 3:42 AM, rali said:

Yes I did it today instead of the 18. Walk ins are possible in some locations but usually are frowned upon. 

SR is a service request, basically it is calling USCIS and submit a request, mine was asking them to expedite my EAD based on a job offer. 

Wow, i did not know that this is possible! I basically found a job as well already and they are willing to wait until i get my EAD but i want to start as soon as possible. how did you explain to the uscis that you should be expedited? do you have a letter by your future employer that says they need you to start until a certain date?

AOS 2017/2018

Package sent....... Aug 22

USCIS received....Aug 25

Text + email..........Sep 06

Notice date...........Sep 05

NOA in mail..........Sep 08

Biometrics letter....Sep 13

Biometrics.............Sep 26

RFE.........................Oct 18

response sent........Dec 29

RFE received..........Jan 05

Ready to schedule 

interview................Jan 18

interview................Feb 28 > approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello! I am new to this forum.  I am so glad I was able to find this so I can follow how everyone's cases are progressing.  I am adjusting from F-1. 

Aug. 24 - AOS package sent

Aug. 25 - Package received and signed

Sept. 5 - USCIS check cashed

Sept. 6 - text/email notification for I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-130

Sept. 9 - Biometrics appointment letter for I-765

Sept. 18 - Biometrics appointment for I-765

So I received the biometric appointment letter (only for I-765) but I haven't received any hard copies of NOA yet.  I was able to check the status of all of the forms with the case number I got from the text/email.  It says I should receive the NOAs by September 22nd or will need to contact them.  Did anyone have this issue?  I am sure everything is fine since I already got a biometrics appointment for I-765, does this mean that I will probably get a second biometrics appointment for I-485?  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sudan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Special_K said:

Wow, i did not know that this is possible! I basically found a job as well already and they are willing to wait until i get my EAD but i want to start as soon as possible. how did you explain to the uscis that you should be expedited? do you have a letter by your future employer that says they need you to start until a certain date?

I don't have such a letter, I however have an official job offer with a start date. I am hoping it will be enough. 

Aug 18, 2017       Concurrent Filing to Adjust Status (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864) 

Aug 21, 2017       AOS Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

Aug 29, 2017       SMS and Emails Received

Sep 01, 2017       4 NOAs Received in the Mail

Sep 08, 2017       Biometrics Appointment Received in Mail (Appointment for Sep 18) 

Sep 08, 2017       Biometrics Walk-in Successful

Sep 08, 2017       Called USCIS and Requested to Expedite I-765

Sep 09, 2017       Received Email From USCIS to Fax Job Offer (Faxed Job Offer on the Same Day)

Sep 23, 2017       Received RFIE for I-864. Response to RFIE sent on Sep 25

Sep 28, 2017       I-485 Status changed to "Response To Request For Evidence Was Received"

Sep 29, 2017       EAD New Card is Approved on Day 42 (2 hours after submitting a 2nd expedite request)

Mar 16, 2018        Case is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview 

Sep 27, 2018        Interview Was Scheduled (Received Interview Notice For Nov 07,2018 )

Nov 07, 2018        Approved! New Card Is Being Produced

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, rali said:

I don't have such a letter, I however have an official job offer with a start date. I am hoping it will be enough. 

@rali sorry if I missed some of your story. Just wondering, did you have a job offer before getting to US or once you arrived you started applying and received a job offer? another question I have is, in order to expedite your EAD you only need to call USCIS and wait their email?

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 9/11/2017 at 4:20 PM, mhan27 said:

Hello! I am new to this forum.  I am so glad I was able to find this so I can follow how everyone's cases are progressing.  I am adjusting from F-1. 

Aug. 24 - AOS package sent

Aug. 25 - Package received and signed

Sept. 5 - USCIS check cashed

Sept. 6 - text/email notification for I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-130

Sept. 9 - Biometrics appointment letter for I-765

Sept. 18 - Biometrics appointment for I-765

So I received the biometric appointment letter (only for I-765) but I haven't received any hard copies of NOA yet.  I was able to check the status of all of the forms with the case number I got from the text/email.  It says I should receive the NOAs by September 22nd or will need to contact them.  Did anyone have this issue?  I am sure everything is fine since I already got a biometrics appointment for I-765, does this mean that I will probably get a second biometrics appointment for I-485?  

Thr biometrics letter we received covered both I-485 and I-765

AOS from K1

Delivered Aug 24

Recieved text notifications Aug 29

Hello  everyone:jest:  got  biometric  appointment for done today my appointment  was at 12:00 reach there at 11:50.Got asked for my passport and marriage citificate then told to fill up. Form. After  ten minutes  was done my husband  was even surprise  how quick  it was the waiting  still  continue  but am glad am done with it😊. 

Edited by adipo21

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Has anyone of you here applied for a SSN already? Did you receive your card without any issues?

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: Other Timeline
19 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Hello  everyone:jest:  got  biometric  appointment for done today my appointment  was at 12:00 reach there at 11:50.Got asked for my passport and marriage citificate then told to fill up. Form. After  ten minutes  was done my husband  was even surprise  how quick  it was the waiting  still  continue  but am glad am done with it😊. 

Wow that was quick!  Congrats my dear, at least that is out of the way now.

6 hours ago, adipo21 said:

Congratulations!:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.