autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jesusboy said:

@Texasfiler, congratulations. Next is EAD and then GC. :D.

Do you reside in Texas?  And which ASC did you go to?

Thanks my friend! Yes I reside in Dallas, Texas - and biometric was done at the ASC in Fort Worth.  I cant wait for us all to get this EAD then GC:D.  Did you get a chance to do yours on Sept 5th - I hope that you did.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, virginia1993 said:

can my husband be my sponsor me his tax paper work shows in come is about $19.000 is it good ?

If he is expected to make more than required minimum for the current year (2017), he can sponsor you. Check this thread:

1 hour ago, virginia1993 said:

my birth certificate (again) but they want it translated to English my birth certificate is in Spanish :/ here is where my question comes do i have to send a original one again? anyone ever did this? I do have  a copy but the original i had already send it when i sent the package I can get another one but it will cost me more since they are mailing it from my county. How the translation has to be artificer by a lawyer? if anyone can help me I truly appreciate it :) and thanks in advance 

No need to send originals. USCIS itself recommends sending copies. But you will need to bring original documents, including your birth certificate, to your AOS interview.

Regarding translation - your husband or one of your friends can do it, provided they are fluent in both languages. He will need to certify the translation. No need for a lawyers or paid translating services.

5 hours ago, Greencard188 said:

Seems like a job offer is the only option to expedite the EAD

I am interested in this. Is it really the only option? Do you know if they can help you with the EAD if I am an entrepreneur and want to start a company here and earn an income? I know that probably if this was an option everyone would just start any company and employ themselves lol but I haven't heard of this (wanting to start a company), just that you have to look for a job... if anyone knows please illuminate me! 🙏 thanks 💕

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

2 hours ago, VJ0617 said:

If he is expected to make more than required minimum for the current year (2017), he can sponsor you. Check this thread:

No need to send originals. USCIS itself recommends sending copies. But you will need to bring original documents, including your birth certificate, to your AOS interview.

Regarding translation - your husband or one of your friends can do it, provided they are fluent in both languages. He will need to certify the translation. No need for a lawyers or paid translating services.

awesome my dear! Such a help I appreciate it a lot ;)

AOS 

CIS Office :        Chicago IL

B2 VISA 

Got marry 05/12/2017 

Date Filed:         08-08-2017

Date received:   08-10-2017

NOA Date :        08-17-2017

NOA biometrics:  09-01-2017

Biometrics:        09-15-2017 

RFIE for I-485:  09-07-2017

RFIE  response received:  10-24-2017

RFE I-485: AGAIN! 03-26-2018

RFE respond received: 04-13-2018

Combo card:  card produced e-notification 04-18-2018  (advance parole, employment authorization) 

Combo card:  case approved e-notification  04-19-2018  

Combo card:  NOA case approved letter by mail 04-23-2018

Combo card: Card mailed: e-notification (finally)!! 04-23-2018 (priority mail)

Combo card received: AFTER 256 DAYS!!!! CARD IN HANDS  04-26-2018 happy!

I-485 GC case update: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview 04-24-2018

Interview notice: 07/21/2018

Interview date: 08/21/2018 Approved same day. Text and case status update " approved" same afternoon.

GC been produced: 08/22/2018

GC mailed: 08/25/2018 received: 08/28/2018

ROC

I-797 notice for open window: 04/22/2020

Window opened 05/21/2020

Send package : May 26th

Package received: May 29th - Text confirmation  and case number assigned June 4th

Check cashed: June 5th

June 28th and NOA ...

June 29th: called and summited a NON delivery request (never assigned)

July 10th: Received NOA extension letter

Waiting....

Since July 10th case did not change. 

March 17th 2021: New card is being produced

3 hours ago, virginia1993 said:

Thank you so much, I was worried about it but i dont think so and i hope it does not :) Following what we read on the letter they send me, it shouldn't.  It says that they wont take further actions until I send the evidence they need but it says its only for  form I485 im not sure if my timing will change i have my BIO appt tom based on that im asumming it will just take some extra time but it wont get reset  and I also have a job offer letter so i hope it does not reset :/ wish me luck! 

I like your positivity, even in the face of this RFIE. Good luck! :)

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

15 hours ago, adipo21 said:

:jest:yeah I pray for everyone to. Yesterday checked my status for the first time  nothing  has change yet.  Btwn do think  after passing  Biometric its good it means no REF? 🤔or can someone get even after waiting for so long? 

Unfortunately until we all receive our interview appointment , no one you is not necessarily free from getting RFE's, even after biometrics. It can even be due to the smallest error. But My prayer is that we wont receive any in Jesus Name. Just have faith and expect some very good news soon.

1 hour ago, Jesusboy said:

Unfortunately until we all receive our interview appointment , no one you is not necessarily free from getting RFE's, even after biometrics. It can even be due to the smallest error. But My prayer is that we wont receive any in Jesus Name. Just have faith and expect some very good news soon.

Yeah I will thanks I pray for everyone who is waiting. How long is the EAD  valid  for? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, virginia1993 said:

awesome my dear! Such a help I appreciate it a lot ;)

Sure! Good luck with you AOS!

See the link for some more info on how to certify the translation. It sounds as if it's something complicated, but in fact, it's very easy. Person who translated the document should include the statement (see the sample in the link), sign and date it, and include his or her address. That's it! But of course, the translation itself should be of a good quality to be acceptable to USCIS.

Note that the applicant cannot translate documents for his/her own case. I believe your RFIE is for I-495, so if your husband does the translation, probably that should be OK. But just to be on a safe side, ask one of your friends or relatives other than your husband to do the translation and certification.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

Edited by VJ0617

35 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Yeah I will thanks I pray for everyone who is waiting. How long is the EAD  valid  for? 

The EAD is generally valid for 1 year and 2 years for Asylum seekers.

30 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Oooh ok and after it expires do you renew or use  the green card? 

While the employment authorization card and the green card share similar physical characteristics, they are very different in practice. For starters, a green card is an end goal while an EAD card is a means to achieve that goal. U.S. citizens and green card holders do not need EAD to prove work eligibility since it is an inherent benefit of the green card or citizenship.

If it expires and adjustment of status is still pending, then you can renew. But once your GC is approved, no more renewal and you are now freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!:D

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 9/8/2017 at 6:28 PM, rali said:

I received the biometric letter today in the mail.

The appointment was for Sep 18 but I dropped in today itself for a successful walk in.

I had to explain why I showed up early to the center manager and he accepted my request.

It only took 10 minutes. As soon as I left the office I submitted a SR to expedite my EAD.

Have you heard from uscis about your Expedite request??...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys just want to ask coz im confused about the married name i put in the marriage license, coz i put my middle name wen im single for example my name wen im single is Vilma A Santos and my husband last is smith i put vilma alcantara smith rather vilma santos smith

help guys what would i need to put for my married name in my middle name do i need to put Alcantara as my middle name or Santos as my middle name wen igot married??? 

hope u can help me

1 hour ago, Jesusboy said:

While the employment authorization card and the green card share similar physical characteristics, they are very different in practice. For starters, a green card is an end goal while an EAD card is a means to achieve that goal. U.S. citizens and green card holders do not need EAD to prove work eligibility since it is an inherent benefit of the green card or citizenship.

If it expires and adjustment of status is still pending, then you can renew. But once your GC is approved, no more renewal and you are now freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!:D

Oooh ok cool thanks  buddy I pray EAD comes  soon I really  need I job man😊. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Emmz said:

hi guys just want to ask coz im confused about the married name i put in the marriage license, coz i put my middle name wen im single for example my name wen im single is Vilma A Santos and my husband last is smith i put vilma alcantara smith rather vilma santos smith

help guys what would i need to put for my married name in my middle name do i need to put Alcantara as my middle name or Santos as my middle name wen igot married??? 

hope u can help me

it does not matter which, i know persons who used their last name as their middle and persons who just kept their middle name as is and added their married name its really up to you, i kept my original middle name and added my husband's last name

K1 Visa

11.11.2015                          Met online

27.12.2015                         Met in person

03.03.2016                         Got Engaged

07.07.2016                         Filed I-129F

13.07.2016                         NOA1

13.09.2016                         NOA2

26.09.2016                         NVC Received

28.09.2016                         Sent to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

29.09.2016                         Consulate Received

03.11.2016                         Interview, Decision Approved once Medical checks out

09.11.2016                         Medical (Yes you saw right my medical was after my interview)

14.12.2016                         Visa Issued

15.12.2016                         Visa in Hand

16.12.2016                         US Arrival

04.03.2017                         Married!!!!!

AOS

09.08.2017                         I-485, I-765 and I-131 Filed via USPS Priority Mail

11.08.2017                         Delivered

14.08.2017                         Received

18.08.2017                         Rejected (error on the check)

23.08.2017                         Packet was received in the mail

24.08.2017                         Resubmitted packet exactly as Received via USPS Priority Mail Express to physical address

25.08.2017                         Delivered and officially received by USCIS

05.09.2017                         Payment posted 

05.09.2017                         NOA Text and Email Notifications 11:22pm

11.09.2017                         NOA Hard copy received in the mail

01.09.2017                         Official NOA date on receipt

14.09.2017                         Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

29.09.2017                         Biometrics Appointment, ASC in Birmingham AL

18.10.2017                         Case status update to ready to be schedule for interview

19.12.2017                         EAD and AP approved

27.12.2017                         Received both Approval notice in the mail

28.12.2017                         combo card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.