autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2018 at 8:29 PM, PR&PR said:

A lot of people this forum have had success at expediting their EAD with a job offer...

I have heard of loads of expedite requests being denied even though they had job offers. I asked for mine to be expedited as my husband was going to be away with work for months.... Even that was denied. 

Any news about your RFE, @GoodVibesOnly? @Aviinashh, how long did it take for you to receive the card after the status was "new card in production"?

I wonder if I will get my AP sometime in March or if that's an unrealistic expectation.... :(

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

I have heard of loads of expedite requests being denied even though they had job offers. I asked for mine to be expedited as my husband was going to be away with work for months.... Even that was denied. 

It depends, but if you don't try, you have no chance at all...but indeed your husband working away is not qualifying, you have a job offer can be.

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

53 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Any news about your RFE, @GoodVibesOnly? @Aviinashh, how long did it take for you to receive the card after the status was "new card in production"?

I wonder if I will get my AP sometime in March or if that's an unrealistic expectation.... :(

Yeah I literally just received the mail like 4 minutes ago and luckily the USCIS letter was in there. My RFE (no RFIE) is kind of crazy... LOL. I thought it was going to be fingerprints or marriage certificate but nope.

so remember that uscis initially and accidentally lost my form I-765? And it took them almost 3 months to find my I-765 buried in other papers. I think when they (and by “they” I mean the people who processes files at the Lockbox office) found the lost form, they sent to the NBC only photocopies, so now this RFE basically says “we need your original signature, not your photocopy signature that you submitted” (which I really didn’t, I submitted originals but I guess they don’t have them? Lol) so they sent me the part of the form that I signed to sign it again because that only is a photocopy signature and not original signature. It says “please sign and return the attached document” (which is my photocopy signature, I have to sign on top of it). That’s it. I think we will print an extra i-765 form again and send that TOO just to be extra sure. 

So we will send this on Monday. This RFE took like 4 business days to arrive on my mail after I saw the status change online, which is slower than I thought. How long does it take them to actually continue with the case? I think you mentioned 3-4 days? I wonder when I can expect to receive the ‘new card is in production’ update after I send this. Though I shouldn’t have high hopes anymore after all this time heh. Also, how is your case going?? It just seems that after you sent the response they haven’t gotten back at ya again as it’s been a while already. Good luck buddy! And thanks for the support! :)  

Edited by GoodVibesOnly
Forgot to add the word “take”

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

2 minutes ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

So we will send this on Monday. This RFE took like 4 business days to arrive on my mail after I saw the status change online, which is slower than I thought. How long does it them to actually continue with the case? I think you mentioned 3-4 days? I wonder when I can expect to receive the ‘new card is in production’ update after I send this. Though I shouldn’t have high hopes anymore after all this time heh. Also, how is your case going?? It just seems that after you sent the response they haven’t gotten back at ya again as it’s been a while already. Good luck buddy! And thanks for the support! :)  

Oh wow, if this process wasn't so frustrating, that would actually be hilarious. I can't believe that's your RFE. At least you don't have much work to put into it! 

Yeah, I overnighted my response (I'd suggest Fedex or UPS not USPS). They got it Monday morning, and updated myUSCIS saying they got it Wednesday (that's when they started processing it again). No word since. :(

I would imagine you're really close to getting your EAD because an RFE on the EAD must've meant somebody actually picked that file up. I dunno. 

1 minute ago, Hamilton said:

Oh wow, if this process wasn't so frustrating, that would actually be hilarious. I can't believe that's your RFE. At least you don't have much work to put into it! 

Yeah, I overnighted my response (I'd suggest Fedex or UPS not USPS). They got it Monday morning, and updated myUSCIS saying they got it Wednesday (that's when they started processing it again). No word since. :(

I would imagine you're really close to getting your EAD because an RFE on the EAD must've meant somebody actually picked that file up. I dunno. 

Yeah it is kind of hilarious. My husband got a little upset about it (I understand that at this point this is kind of unfair and ridiculous at the same time lol) and suggested to make an infopass appointment but we all know how frustrating can those be, in addition to being a complete waste of time in SOME cases (and also, 3 hour drive for us). So we will just send this and hope for the best. 

Thanks for your suggestion, we might use fedex or ups. It’s been a while already for you :/ it is weird you are not receiving any more news but I guess it’s still within 30 days. I would think you will have your AP by March, undoubtly. I don’t think they need anything else from you more than just look at your case and stamp “approved.” 

And yeah, I hope to receive the EAD soon after this. It actually seems to be that the “special service request” made by the last tier 2 officer worked out and someone picked the case a week after he made it. We can only hope and speculate :D. In anyways this is better than no news or anything at all. 

I wonder if uscis officers read these forums out of curiousity or maybe they don’t have time, what do you think? We actually went to the cancelled interview and the officer who was conducting the interviews was VERY very nice to us and confirmed it was cancelled. Everyone in that big uscis building was so incredibly friendly to us (“I’d like to work here” kind of nice, which I really don’t say that a lot about any place) and the office had a really good vibe. I liked them a lot. If only they didn’t take forever to process some applications 😅 but we both were a little unlucky I guess, along with other fellow Augustines. 

More good news have to come next week!!! 🙏🧚🏻‍♂️

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

1 hour ago, PR&PR said:

It depends, but if you don't try, you have no chance at all...but indeed your husband working away is not qualifying, you have a job offer can be.

We are a military family so I thought that that would qualify but apparently no. I just received the information that I will have to go to my interview just me. 

Edited by Londonergirl

2 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

We are a military family so I thought that that would qualify but apparently no. I just received the information that I will have to go to my interview just me. 

Wait, you already have an interview scheduled? That's great, right?

3 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Wait, you already have an interview scheduled? That's great, right?

Nope, no interview, no EAD. But I asked to have my case expedited because of my husbands work but it was denied and I was told when there is time for the interview - I'll have to go alone. 

2 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

Nope, no interview, no EAD. But I asked to have my case expedited because of my husbands work but it was denied and I was told when there is time for the interview - I'll have to go alone. 

That's weird. I didn't know people could go alone to a marriage interview. Also, I always thought military families got really fast processing. Everything is so weird and unpredictable. 

Just now, Hamilton said:

That's weird. I didn't know people could go alone to a marriage interview. Also, I always thought military families got really fast processing. Everything is so weird and unpredictable. 

Apparently not :( I have contacted them several times about this but they really don't care. 

2 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

Apparently not :( I have contacted them several times about this but they really don't care. 

Man, I can't believe I won't get my EAD/AP this month. IT'S FEBRUARY, JEEZ.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi folks, I wasn't able to get a response to my previous questions but I wanted to know what number to call in regards to Interview schedules, I just want to make sure we aren't one's with the missed appointment dates just because we didnt receive anything in the mail. (Horror stories).

Who did you reach out to? What number system? Thanks in advance.

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

33 minutes ago, ceeq said:

Hi folks, I wasn't able to get a response to my previous questions but I wanted to know what number to call in regards to Interview schedules, I just want to make sure we aren't one's with the missed appointment dates just because we didnt receive anything in the mail. (Horror stories).

Who did you reach out to? What number system? Thanks in advance.

Here you go!  https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us/national-customer-service-center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Thank you! I appreciate it! So much numbers To dive into haha

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.