autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

It was supposed to be tomorrow but it was cancelled due to overbooked appointments and I haven’t received any reschedule yet, they said it could take a couple of extra months. So I really need that EAD since this has been the most unpredictable process I’ve ever been in, lol.    My good vibes goes for your parents’ EADs as well. May everyone receive some light soon! 

I also wanted to clear out a misconception mentioned earlier in this tread. Someone mentioned that the "tier 2 officer" is able to tell you what is in your RFIE letter while you are waiting for the actual letter. This information is absolutely false. I verified with two sources, one individual who is a friend and works for USCIS, and the other was calling the USCIS hotline number and speaking to the tier 2 officer. In, conclusion we have to wait for the letter, which is super frustrating. I hope this helps. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, dt101 said:

Yes after my RFIE was issued, I immediately sent it back overnight FedEx, once I received the case update from USCIS website that they received my evidence. I contacted my Senator to ask for an inquiry into my i765 and then reached out to Ombudsman. You can ask Ombudsman for expedited assistance if you are encountering some difficulty like job loss. It takes about 3-5 days for them to update case status after you send the RFIE to them, but assuming all is good with it I think you will get your EAD in about 3 weeks time. I also think Ombudsman helps a lot here as well. 

That's what I did...once I sent in my package I called my congressman and told him that its going to reach on Jan 26th and on that was friday and on Jan 29th Monday my status changed to "Response to RFIE was received" and so my congressman said he will call them on Jan 30 which is Tuesday...for some reason he always contacted USCIS on Tuesdays ...anyways he did contact them on Jan 30th, Tuesday and next day Jan 31st  my I-765 status said "New Card in Production" 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

35 minutes ago, Faby&Jaz said:

I also wanted to clear out a misconception mentioned earlier in this tread. Someone mentioned that the "tier 2 officer" is able to tell you what is in your RFIE letter while you are waiting for the actual letter. This information is absolutely false. I verified with two sources, one individual who is a friend and works for USCIS, and the other was calling the USCIS hotline number and speaking to the tier 2 officer. In, conclusion we have to wait for the letter, which is super frustrating. I hope this helps. 

Your sources sound legit, but this happened to me last month, and I absolutely did get the exact info contained in the RFIE by speaking with the Tier 2 officer. He literally read out sections of the letter. So I dunno. Shrugs. Just sharing my first-hand experience.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

48 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

Hey @Hamilton sorry for not being here. I did read that once someone receives their RFIE then the EAD/AP processing time starts again from day 1, which in my case was not true. I thought once I send in my RFIE response then I should wait for another 75+ days to receive my EAD or starts raising more SR's but to be surprise you know what happened !

Thanks! I don't think that the EAD/AP is actually reset to zero by the RFIE -- I'm just worried that we'll be told some lies that the RFIE is the reason why everything has slowed down.

Over all the calls, we've been told a lot of lies, including that cases are handled in order of application, and that it's totally normal that August filers don't have AP/EADs. Just tired of hearing lies.

Edited by Hamilton

Timeline
11 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Your sources sound legit, but this happened to me last month, and I absolutely did get the exact info contained in the RFIE by speaking with the Tier 2 officer. He literally read out sections of the letter. So I dunno. Shrugs. Just sharing my first-hand experience.

haha well maybe you got lucky lol cause after reading this I called them. In return, they were not very nice about it, and were basically like we don't do that. You probably spoke to someone nice, because I truly think it is the individual you encounter. I also believe that they have more information than they tell us. I apologize to you, didn't mean to sound harsh, but we are having a bad time. Our attorney screwed us over, and did not send everything needed to be sent being the BEST attorney in the Dallas area, and now we have a upcoming RFIE. I was expecting a work permit, not a RFIE. :/ 

11 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Thanks! I don't think that the EAD/AP is actually reset to zero by the RFIE -- I'm just worried that we'll be told some lies that the RFIE is the reason why everything has slowed down.

Over all the calls, we've been told a lot of lies, including that cases are handled in order of application, and that it's totally normal that August filers don't have AP/EADs. Just tired of hearing lies.

The frustrating part to all this is that with a REIE, everything starts ALL OVER again, back at day 1 of the waiting game. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, Faby&Jaz said:

Just got an update on my case for request for evidence. 😑

Are they asking anything in particular? Sorry to hear that.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, T_P said:

Are they asking anything in particular? Sorry to hear that.

I haven't received the letter in hand, I am waiting for the mail man to bring it lol. I check the mail everyday, hopefully its nothing crazy. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Faby&Jaz said:

I haven't received the letter in hand, I am waiting for the mail man to bring it lol. I check the mail everyday, hopefully its nothing crazy. 

you should sing up for informed delivery through USPS..  you get a screenshot of your incoming mail on that day! lol I personally love it haha

***CURRENT STATUS: US CITIZEN***

N-400 Naturalization Filed in the Texas LockBox (GC Date of 08/05/13)

00 Days- 05/09/16 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/10/16 Package Delivered

***PRIORITY DATE OF 05/10/16***

10 Days- 05/19/16 Received NOA

17 Days- 05/26/16 Received Biometrics Letter For 06/06/16

18 Days- 05/27/16 Biometrics Walk-in

***TRAVEL ABROAD FROM 06/15-06/30***

57 Days- 07/05/16 In Line For Interview :)

64 Days- 07/11/16 Interview Letter Mailed with a Scheduled date of 08/18/16

102 Days- 08/18/16 Interview (L) "Recommended For Approval"

106 Days- 08/22/16 In-Line for Oath :dancing:

117 Days- 09/02/16 Oath Ceremony (L) Officially a US CITIZEN.

121 Days- 09/06/16 Sent EXPEDITE passport application :dancing:

129 Days- 09/14/16 Received Passport :)

I-751 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS FILED IN THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER (GC EXPIRATION DATE OF 08/05/15)

00 Days- 05/07/15 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/08/15 Package Delivered

***PRIORITY DATE OF 05/07/15 Even Tho Package Was Delivered On 05/08/15***

19 Days- 05/26/15 Received NOA

40 Days- 06/16/15 Biometrics Done

42 Days- 06/18/15 Stamp On Passport I-551 (evidence of permanent residency for 1 year with expiration date of 06/17/16)

181 Days- 11/04/15 Approved VIA Text Message 8:30 PM Eastern Time!

186 Days- 11/09/15 Approval letter came in from Charleston, SC office!

189 Days- 11/13/15 Greencard Arrived (L)

AOS, I-765, I-130 ADJUSTING THROUGH MARRIAGE (CURRENT IMMIGRATION STATUS: DACA, But came legally with Turist Visa)
00 Days- 05/14/13 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/15/13 Priority Date
08 Days- 05/22/13 Received NOA
14 Days- 05/28/13 Received Biometrics Letter For 06/12/13
16 Days- 05/30/13 Biometrics Walk-in:

36 Days- 06/19/13 Interview & Scheduling

49 Days- 07/02/13 USCIS Online Notification (interview Scheduled For 08/05/13)

63 Days- 07/16/13 EAD APPROVED good.gif

71 Days- 07/24/13 EAD Received

84 Days- 08/05/13 INTERVIEW!!!!!dancin5hr.gif

84 Days- 08/05/13 APPROVED ON THE SPOT BABY!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Faby&Jaz said:

Let us know when it arrives. Hopefully things will go well after that. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
1 hour ago, car0593 said:

you should sing up for informed delivery through USPS..  you get a screenshot of your incoming mail on that day! lol I personally love it haha

oh wow thanks for the advise I will! 

56 minutes ago, T_P said:

Let us know when it arrives. Hopefully things will go well after that. 

I will :) 

Edited by Faby&Jaz
correction

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/17/2018 at 11:15 AM, Faby&Jaz said:

I have been following these forums for sometime and am in the same boat. I filed for my husband back on August 24, 2017, and have not heard anything from USCIS. I am thinking about contacting the congressmen tomorrow, yet we are in Texas and we may not be able to obtain the response we are seeking. I really do not know what to do, I am holding my husband from success which he can obtain in his country and seeing his family. I feel very bad about it, and now I am starting to regret my decision, and because my husband is becoming depressed and sad as the days go by. I want him to obtain his GC so he is able to go see his mom. :( Also, my husband has had to turn down two great job offers which fit his degree, because there is no work authorization yet. 

PD: 08/24/2017

Biometrics: 09/20/2017

Service Request for I-765: 01/2018

The response I received: As of February 12, 2018, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number SRXXXXXXXXXXX, is currently not assigned for processing.

I was suppose to originally have a response by 02/15/17, so I decided to call the USCIS hotline. I was able to speak to a tier 2 officer, who was not able to give me any information. In fact the officer told us that we need to wait and if we keep putting in service requests, our case will be delayed. I found this very interesting, and was not content with the things I was hearing. We are praying and hoping to have a response soon. 

In your timeline I do not see anywhere where you would have contacted anybody or done an expedite...Have you requested an expedite based on the job offers he received? 

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Timeline
1 hour ago, PR&PR said:

In your timeline I do not see anywhere where you would have contacted anybody or done an expedite...Have you requested an expedite based on the job offers he received? 

An expedite does not qualify if you have a job offer according to the tier 2 officer I spoke to. I would have portray extreme hardship or another unfortunate reason in order to expedite, unless I am missing something? 

7 hours ago, Faby&Jaz said:

Was the RFIE for the i485 or i765?

I've received this response from USCIS before:

"Thank you for your follow-up inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter.  Our records indicate that we are awaiting a response to our request for evidence (RFE) on the underlying I-485 application.  Interim benefits, such as those applied for on Forms I-765 or I-131, are unable to be adjudicated while the underlying Form I-485 is held in suspense for the submission of initial evidence.  Once we receive the response to the RFE, processing will resume on these cases. Please have your constituent follow any instructions on the notice that was mailed to them."

Which to me tells me that they just put a hold on any applications until they get the evidence

Hi guys. I feel really down and hopeless today about ever getting my AP. I'm putting together the stuff to submit to the Ombudsman, but I feel so hopeless -- I've done so much and absolutely nothing has worked. It's been six months of waiting and contacting so many people begging for my AP....

I feel like I can't keep trying anymore :( 

Timeline
1 hour ago, dt101 said:

Was the RFIE for the i485 or i765?

I've received this response from USCIS before:

"Thank you for your follow-up inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter.  Our records indicate that we are awaiting a response to our request for evidence (RFE) on the underlying I-485 application.  Interim benefits, such as those applied for on Forms I-765 or I-131, are unable to be adjudicated while the underlying Form I-485 is held in suspense for the submission of initial evidence.  Once we receive the response to the RFE, processing will resume on these cases. Please have your constituent follow any instructions on the notice that was mailed to them."

Which to me tells me that they just put a hold on any applications until they get the evidence

This is exactly what I think will happen, yet the uscis representative on the hotline told me that there would be no hold on the I-765 which I obviously don't believe anymore after you showed me this. I got a RFIE for my I-485. I do not know what they are wanting though cause I haven't received the letter in hand yet. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.