Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled:

Monday 11/29/2021

Oath Ceremony Scheduled:

Thursday 12/16/2021

Oath Ceremony Letter Delivered:

Thursday 12/23/2021

Oath Ceremony:

Tuesday 01/04/2022

(missed due to COVID positive test on 01/02/2022)

Wednesday 01/05/2022

Oath Ceremony Scheduled:

Monday 01/10/2022

Oath Ceremony:

Monday 01/31/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

For anyone wondering, I took my oath this morning, no vaccine required, no temperature checks, mask required, whole thing took around 30min

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Not sure if this is the right place to ask a question. I apologize admi.

Hi everyone,  a little insight from the group. I have a family who needs some clarity on this issue. A mother filed for the husband and kids as a green card and they are now in the state as as green card holder. Shortly after the family joined, the wife became a usa citizen just like 5 month after the husband and kids already have their green card. Will the husband still wait for the normal 5yrs duration or the duration changes from 5yrs to 3yrs now before the husband can applies for his own citizenship? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Peteddy said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask a question. I apologize admi.

Hi everyone,  a little insight from the group. I have a family who needs some clarity on this issue. A mother filed for the husband and kids as a green card and they are now in the state as as green card holder. Shortly after the family joined, the wife became a usa citizen just like 5 month after the husband and kids already have their green card. Will the husband still wait for the normal 5yrs duration or the duration changes from 5yrs to 3yrs now before the husband can applies for his own citizenship? Thanks

The husband can apply for citizenship after 3 years from the date his wife became a U.S. citizen.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-3

Edited by Twombly

On 12/12/2021 at 11:23 AM, keyuree1 said:

Does anybody have experience with outside normal processing time inquiry? I have been waiting for an interview since May 2020. I filled out the form a month ago but I haven't gotten anything except for a letter that basically says my case is pending. Is there anything else I can do? Can I fill out another one? This is so frustrating. 

Yes. I'm in the same boat too.. just posted a thread on this same topic - filed in May 2020 and waiting for that response back to the online Query I submitted.  Would love to know what else can be done

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Final timeline:

Submitted:

Sunday 03/07/2021

Biometrics Reuse:

Sunday 03/07/2021

Interview Scheduled:

Thursday 10/21/2021

Interview Letter Delivered:

Thursday 10/28/2021

Interview:

Monday 11/29/2021

Monday 11/29/2021

Oath Ceremony Scheduled:

Thursday 12/16/2021

Thursday 12/23/2021

Oath Ceremony:

Tuesday 01/04/2022

(missed due to COVID positive test on 01/02/2022)

Wednesday 01/05/2022

Oath Ceremony Scheduled:

Monday 01/10/2022

Monday 01/17/2022

Oath Ceremony:

Monday 01/31/2022

So glad to be done with this journey! Was able to book a same-day passport appointment at the Chicago Passport Agency. Letter had said ceremony was at 9:30AM and I had scheduled the appointment for 11AM, but then it was a special ceremony and there was a follow up letter from the District Court saying check-in would start at 9:30AM but the ceremony would start at 11AM. Ceremony ended around 11:45AM so I got over to the passport office around noon. Had to show confirmation email and proof of international travel within 72 hours, but it was no issue that I arrived about an hour late. They tell you to come back between 2-4PM to pick it up - I came back around 3:30PM and it was ready to go! Best of luck to everyone in completing this journey, thank you all for your help and guidance!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, iceman81 said:

I finally became a naturalized US citizen yesterday! I have a passport question, I had my name changed, do I need to wait until I update my name at dmv and ss before I can apply for a US passport? Thank you.

I would change it at DMV (make an appt and go, it’s fast) now. Also, take your SS card if your last name on the card shows different than your previous last name or if you need a real ID. 

And for SSA, you must wait a couple of weeks. If you need to travel soon, do it now otherwise you could change everything and then apply for a passport.  

You may wanna read this: 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

21 hours ago, AKKH said:

I would change it at DMV (make an appt and go, it’s fast) now. Also, take your SS card if your last name on the card shows different than your previous last name or if you need a real ID. 

And for SSA, you must wait a couple of weeks. If you need to travel soon, do it now otherwise you could change everything and then apply for a passport.  

You may wanna read this: 

Ok. Thank you.

20 hours ago, Musical123 said:

Congrats! How long did it take until you got the oath ceremony letter ?

Thank you @Musical123

I received it after my interview. Its because of medical reason.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 2/26/2022 at 12:05 PM, iceman81 said:

@iceman81

I received it after my interview. Its because of medical reason.

Can you explain a little on this please? What medical reason did you give? What evidence did you need? If its too private, I understand. Or feel free to private message me. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
35 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

Hey Chi Town! Just passed my interview. Yay! When should I expect my oath ceremony to be scheduled? Thanks!

Congrats! How was interview?

Judging by timelines on here, seems like 6 weeks is a good guess, give or take. 
I’m waiting for interview, so this isn’t from personal experience. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.