Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, suvusa said:

congrats AKKH. That's great.   My family got interviewed in last week of Oct in Chicago and all have "Oath to be scheduled" status, but so far, no update online on oath.   Is there a specific time the USCIS online portal updates during the day or is it random?   

Thanks!

That is strange how they schedule. I guess it depends on your case if you have had a lot of documents requested by USCIS to review and officer who conducts the interview. I’m not sure what else could be. 

I’m pretty sure it has been on early mornings (5am CST). Today I received a notification via email “we have taken an action…”

I really hope and pray for all to finalize this as soon as possible. Trust me, I know what it feels. 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, suvusa said:

congrats AKKH. That's great.   My family got interviewed in last week of Oct in Chicago and all have "Oath to be scheduled" status, but so far, no update online on oath.   Is there a specific time the USCIS online portal updates during the day or is it random?   

Congratulations AKKH.

@suvusa same here. I had interview on October 21st. Approved, in line for oat on oct 27th. And no updates about oath date yet. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

November 17 I received “Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed” notice online; however, I never received the actual notice letter. I have access to form N-445 on my uscis account and my oath is this coming Friday. In case I don’t receive the letter before Friday, can I print the online N-445 form and attend the oath ceremony with it? I also filed an online inquiry of “notice not received” but uscis won’t get back to me before Friday.

3 hours ago, Twombly said:

Hello everyone,

November 17 I received “Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed” notice online; however, I never received the actual notice letter. I have access to form N-445 on my uscis account and my oath is this coming Friday. In case I don’t receive the letter before Friday, can I print the online N-445 form and attend the oath ceremony with it? I also filed an online inquiry of “notice not received” but uscis won’t get back to me before Friday.

Hi

I received it on Friday. So maybe yours will be delivered soon. Sign up for the informed delivery on USPS website if you haven't yet, to see images of your mails when you get them. I’m guessing they are sending it to the address you told them. 
The mailed form is identical to the web PDF file. I printed one before the mail arrives. So as long as the time and date and location and your name is there, you should be fine and attend. The mail has 4 pages, same as the PDF you download online. Also, you can always call them to ask about the mail. 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview was this morning at 8AM!

Officer was very down to business and kept things tight. After swearing in, asked for Green Card, Drivers License, and Passport.

Started with citizenship test, only took 6 questions - can't remember them all because it was all a bit of a flurry, but 3 were:

What ocean is on the east coast of the United States?

What does the judicial branch do?

How many Senators are there?

Officer asked for dates of any travel outside of the US since filing the application.

Not much said by officer afterwards beyond saying she believed that I fulfilled the requirements for naturalization, handed me the form saying the same - quoted that ceremonies are taking place about 6 weeks after interviews right now.

About an hour afterwards my application status was updated to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled" ! What a massive relief!!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, zaltana12345 said:

Anyone whose N400 was approved on Oct 19 or before is still waiting for the oath letter? I am not sure if anything can be done to help expedite the process, like give the uscis a call? or send them a message through the uscis online account? 

My interview was on oct 21, still waiting for oath date. Some of  relatives who had interview on Nov 15th already got the Oath date. My greencard is expired and they won't send me a new one because "I am in line for oath". My driver's license is expired. I called multiple times not fruitful at all

Edited by nehallakhani

Question-  Is there a difference between -  "Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling."   vs  "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"   after the general status  "We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review."   The last status was updated with hours of the interview..

Timeline
On 11/29/2021 at 2:29 PM, nehallakhani said:

My interview was on oct 21, still waiting for oath date. Some of  relatives who had interview on Nov 15th already got the Oath date. My greencard is expired and they won't send me a new one because "I am in line for oath". My driver's license is expired. I called multiple times not fruitful at all

Finally got the date. Oath ceremony scheduled for December 16th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.