Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, cantofla said:

Hey everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

I wanted to give you all an update: My wife and I filed our joint 751 petition, and received the green card extension NOA1 form last August.

No biometric notice, no nothing since then. I went to an Info Pass appointment after Hurricane Irma and the officer advised me that everything in the system is fine, and to wait. She told me to come back if I dont hear anything back by December. Well the holidays came and went.

I went to another Info Pass appointment on Tuesday. The immigration officer was a very pleasant gentleman, very professional, and very informative. He told me that the case is moving through the system and processing fine. He said that the fingerprints have been waived. I then asked him if I can get the receipt# I can use to track the case online, and he said he doesn't have that, but I am more than welcome to call the 800# to get it. I called, and got transferred to a tier 2 officer and received my new WAC #. Back to the Info Pass officer - he told me adjudications now take between 12-18 months, and he invited me to apply for Naturalization once I'm eligible.

So everyone who hasn't heard anything back from USCIS yet, do not stress yourselves over it. They are just backlogged, understaffed, and overworked. I know the waiting game sucks. It does. I want to have my permanent green card too so I can travel easier (it's not hard to travel with the 751 extension letter, but it is a pain in the butt), since I do a lot of international travel for my job.

The end of January is near, so we will all be eligible to naturalize under the three year rule in less than six months.

I hope everyone is doing great! Take care

Is it three years of being a permanent resident or three years from the time we got married? (We did the adjustment of status a bit late :( )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, bambastic1 said:

Is it three years of being a permanent resident or three years from the time we got married? (We did the adjustment of status a bit late :( )

3 years of being a permanent resident (and having a gc, NOT when getting an EAD/AP card). 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 1/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, cyclone27 said:

We will apply for my wife’s N400 as soon as the window opens August 2018 regardless of I751 status. It’s time to be done with this!!! :jest:

When is your three year anniversary date? I didn't know you could apply for N400 before.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened....08/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/23/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/25/17
NOA1 Mailed......................08/30/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................08/31/17
Biometrics Mailed...............09/20/17
Biometrics Received..........09/22/17
Biometrics Appointment.....10/03/17
Approved............................09/24/18

N400 Timeline

90 Day Window Opens...........08/22/18

N-400 Filed (Online)...............08/23/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/24/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/31/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/21/18

In Line For Interview.............05/23/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............05/24/19

Interview................................07/01/19

Oath.......................................07/17/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

5th Nov :)

ROC Timeline

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have not gotten our biometrics letter yet either but this is what I received from USCIS via email.

"On 12/31/2017, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-751/CRI-89 regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC). Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period for Form I-751. Please know that your name has been electronically added to the appointment scheduler. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you.

Also, we are experiencing a glitch in the system for I-751 cases, which we are currently working to correct. We regret the inconvenience to you.

We hope this information is helpful to you."

I don't know what "glitch" they are experiencing.

USCIS K1 Fiance Visa Journey: I am the petitioner

6-22-2014 Engagement in India

7-10-2014 I-129F Mailed to Texas Lockbox

7-14-2014 USPS Delivery Confirmation Received via Text Message

7-22-2014 Received text message that case was received(forwarded to California Service Center) and check cashed

7-23-2014 Alien Registration number changed

7-29-2014 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

9-25-2014 Text & E-mail received about status change and checked USCIS website that says petition approved (NOA2)

9-30-2014 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

10-24-2014 Received letter from NVC with case number and that application will be forwarded to embassy

11-03-2014 Consulate Received packet from NVC

11-12-2014 Packet 3 Received

12-04-2014 Interview at US Embassy (Delhi) - Administrative Review

01-14-2015 Turned in papers for Administrative Review

01-28-2015 Turned in papers a 2nd time regarding Administrative Review

02-02-2015 Visa Received

02-21-2015 Entry into Unites State - POE Chicago, IL

03-07-2015 Marriage Date

03-16-2015 Applied for SSN

04-01-2015 Received Social Security Card in mail

04-15-2015 Mailed in I-485 (AOS) and I-785 (EAD)

04-22-2015 Received Text message from USCIS that application was accepted

04-28-2015 Received NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 in the mail

05-04-2015 Received Letter in Mail for Biometrics Appointment on 5/15/2015

05-15-2015 Biometrics Appointment Completed

07-13-2015 Employment Authorization Document Approved

07-23-2015 Employment Authorization Card Received in the mail

10-06-2015 I-485 Approved

10-15-2015 2 year Conditional Green Card Received

08-17-2017 Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions on Green Card

08-30-2017 Removal of Conditions NOA date and 1 year extension letter received

On 1/11/2018 at 8:56 AM, cantofla said:

Hey everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

I wanted to give you all an update: My wife and I filed our joint 751 petition, and received the green card extension NOA1 form last August.

No biometric notice, no nothing since then. I went to an Info Pass appointment after Hurricane Irma and the officer advised me that everything in the system is fine, and to wait. She told me to come back if I dont hear anything back by December. Well the holidays came and went.

I went to another Info Pass appointment on Tuesday. The immigration officer was a very pleasant gentleman, very professional, and very informative. He told me that the case is moving through the system and processing fine. He said that the fingerprints have been waived. I then asked him if I can get the receipt# I can use to track the case online, and he said he doesn't have that, but I am more than welcome to call the 800# to get it. I called, and got transferred to a tier 2 officer and received my new WAC #. Back to the Info Pass officer - he told me adjudications now take between 12-18 months, and he invited me to apply for Naturalization once I'm eligible.

So everyone who hasn't heard anything back from USCIS yet, do not stress yourselves over it. They are just backlogged, understaffed, and overworked. I know the waiting game sucks. It does. I want to have my permanent green card too so I can travel easier (it's not hard to travel with the 751 extension letter, but it is a pain in the butt), since I do a lot of international travel for my job.

The end of January is near, so we will all be eligible to naturalize under the three year rule in less than six months.

I hope everyone is doing great! Take care

Hello there, I am in the same situation. Filed I-751 and received the NOA 1 extension in August 2017. Nothing since then.

I went to an Info Pass appointment yesterday (1/16/18) to ask about my biometrics appointment. The officer said that no appointment has been scheduled yet. He tried to schedule me one but was not able to. He told me not to worry too much since the adjudications will take up to 18 months now, and wait another month or two to see if anything happens. *sigh* 

I filed a divorce waiver at the end of July/first day of august and despite 2 phone calls (1 with a tier 2 officer), I have heard nothing back about my biometrics. I already have my tracking receipt number but i can't help being nervous after not hearing anything for 6 months. Just made an infopass appointment for 2 weeks from now so here's hoping!

1 hour ago, Jusa said:

I filed a divorce waiver at the end of July/first day of august and despite 2 phone calls (1 with a tier 2 officer), I have heard nothing back about my biometrics. I already have my tracking receipt number but i can't help being nervous after not hearing anything for 6 months. Just made an infopass appointment for 2 weeks from now so here's hoping!

Hi Jusa, 

How did you obtain your tracking receipt number? I thought we can only find that number on the biometrics appointment letter? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My wife's co-worker filed for his ROC (w/divorce waiver) in December and just had his biometrics appointment. I thought that was pretty odd since many CSC August filers never received a biometrics appointment... USCIS operations are a true mystery to me sometimes.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Updating on my case status. So I had my interview in Orlando on December 19th, 2017 that went okay. Husband and I were not very happy about it so we hired a lawyer that we had for the K1 visa who also happened to attend our wedding anyway in 2 weeks I received the letter from CSC that my case is transferred to Vermont and today I received my biometric letter for February 1st. It all went in a different way for us but looks like its going to be okay. Fingers crossed 

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

3 hours ago, Hamzah and Amna said:

Updating on my case status. So I had my interview in Orlando on December 19th, 2017 that went okay. Husband and I were not very happy about it so we hired a lawyer that we had for the K1 visa who also happened to attend our wedding anyway in 2 weeks I received the letter from CSC that my case is transferred to Vermont and today I received my biometric letter for February 1st. It all went in a different way for us but looks like its going to be okay. Fingers crossed 

So after your interview, your  case was transferred and you got your bio appt? Why did they need to interview you first? So confusing...

Did they approve your case or what was the interview abt?

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Inna&Chris said:

So after your interview, your  case was transferred and you got your bio appt? Why did they need to interview you first? So confusing...

Did they approve your case or what was the interview abt?

The guy said we will receive his decision in the mail and we received a transfer letter. Interview was about how come we don't have any utilities and kids since we live with my husband's parents not because we can't afford to move out but because we want to live with them and we are happy about it also his parents want us to live with them. I know it was a little confusing how everything is in weird order in our case I don't understand either but I hope things will be good from now on looks like we will receive approval next.

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If they are transferring your case to Vermont not sure you will get a decision from the sounds of it.

Edited by cyclone27

ROC Timeline

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

We sent in the package at end of August and received the confirmation about a week later.  But we never received any invitation for the biometrics appointment.  It has been 5 months now and I just noticed here that most people get the biometrics invitation about one month after the confirmation letter.  Has this happened to anyone else?  What number should we call?  The letter came from the California center and had a 1-800 number on it.  Is that the best number to call?  Are we now already totally screwed because of this 3-4 month delay?  My 1-year extension expires in November.  What happens if I don't get the decision and a new card before that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.