AEdward

Bringing my husband and family to USA

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Help/advice needed! 

Hello, I'm an American living in the U.K. With my dual citizenship children and soon to be husband, who is English, we desperately want to move home and start a life back home with my family in PA. 

ive been told he will need a sponsor to do this, what can I do as I live in the U.K. now? Who can be a sponsor for him? 

Tia

Hopefully you're doing DCF in London, much faster process. 

You're his primary sponsor and nothing is ever going to change that. 

Any USC or LPR with job or assets in the US can be a sponsor. Please read USCIS.gov/I-864

If you absolutely can not find anyone to co-sponsor then you'll have to move to the US ahead of time and get a job. 

I'm also moving this topic to DCF forum as you qualify and hopefully will be using that in London. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Anyone in United States that have the necessary "minimum" income can be the sponsor, you mom, dad, best friend, neighbor...anyone willing to fill the I-864.

Good luck!

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

05/28/2017 - Package Sent

05/30/2017 - Package delivered 

06/09/2017 - Package returned (outdated I-130)

06/12/2017 - New package sent

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/20/2017 - Check cashed

06/21/2017 - e-mails and texts received

06/24/2017 - Notice of action (Acceptance letter) received in the mail.

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

4 minutes ago, AEdward said:

Ok great, thank you, yes I've been thinking my brother could be a possibility as he's in US and has a permanent residence and a good job, just want sure who could co sponsor, thanks. 

If you want your brother, he has to be  US citizen or permanent resident. You also need to figure out how much he makes and whether his household size (+2 because you and your partner would be his dependents since you don't have a job to claim yourself) is enough to be above 125% of the poverty line.

Also, make sure your brother has his taxes in order because they will be requested. It is not an audit, they just need to see his tax returns. Some people have had problems with cosponsors because they hadn't filled taxes or some other tax problem.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

If you want your brother, he has to be  US citizen or permanent resident. You also need to figure out how much he makes and whether his household size (+2 because you and your partner would be his dependents since you don't have a job to claim yourself) is enough to be above 125% of the poverty line.

Also, make sure your brother has his taxes in order because they will be requested. It is not an audit, they just need to see his tax returns. Some people have had problems with cosponsors because they hadn't filled taxes or some other tax problem.

Incorrect, it would only be +1.  Not two.  The USC isn't factored into it.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Coco8 said:

I thought the US citizen was not factored into it only if they could claim themselves through their job. So the US citizen is never factored in it?

Nope.  They aren't 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.