927 posts in this topic

Hello i have just joined this group at visa journey all helpers are doing excellent for each other. My wife (LPR) filed i130 unfortunately at CSC on Jan 8/2017. Didn’t receive anything except NOA 1. Since we live seperate we don’t have anything in joint. We got married in court. Can someone throw a highlighter of all the steps including form names, total fees and which order. Also i am a Canadian PR( LIVING IN OTTAWA) as of now so which US EMBASSY i need to go? I think i should be able to use CEAC for all documentations right?

Hey there! Just wanted to join this topic. My PD is 07/27/2017. I've been currently inside US, cause I'm on student visa. Hopefully, my I-130 will be approved before my I-20 is expired and I'll be able to start adjustment of status.

It would be really awesome if we update each other here. Good luck for all of you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

PD 6.April2017. Waiting for approval and hoping to be able to do AOS ASAP after approval notice arrives. (I’m in the US already) 

Hey guys, nice to join this discussion.

I have filed I-130 under F2A, My PD is 7/21/2017 and I only have application receipt (service center for me is California too).

I live in US with my wife currently on my student OPT visa, and I notice the visa bulletin have big movements in March. So if I live in the US and when the date on visa bulletin Form B is past my PD, could I file I-485 while my I-130 is still pending to be approved?

Thank you! 

49 minutes ago, jcoblen said:

I got my case number already f2a visa, I found that my father's middle name mispelled in my birth certificate(only 1 letter). How can affect that in my case? 

I would say get ahead of it.

Let NVC know about the mistake, get a birth certificate with the correction and send it to NVC.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

10 hours ago, jcoblen said:

Some other say that there is no issue about parental misppelled for immigrant visa for spouse. Im my case only my father's MIDDLE name was mispelled instead of RULLAN they put ROLLAN in my birth certicate, so i used RULLAN too in my marriage certificate.

In any case you can always bring evidence to the visa interview, to let your interviewer know

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all, seems like I'm the oldest PD here so I thought I'd update you guys on my process.

My PD is October 2016 and I got my approval from CSC (California) recently, February 2018. Now waiting minimum 30 days for NVC to contact with next step (more forms to fill out of course).

Hang in there guys, we're all going to make it.

Timeline
On 2/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, Ronnie1989 said:

Hello i have just joined this group at visa journey all helpers are doing excellent for each other. My wife (LPR) filed i130 unfortunately at CSC on Jan 8/2017. Didn’t receive anything except NOA 1. Since we live seperate we don’t have anything in joint. We got married in court. Can someone throw a highlighter of all the steps including form names, total fees and which order. Also i am a Canadian PR( LIVING IN OTTAWA) as of now so which US EMBASSY i need to go? I think i should be able to use CEAC for all documentations right?

See my comment above, my process is similar to yours and I had to wait almost 1.5 years for approval from CSC.

Pretty sure you are going to the Montreal Embassy when your PD is current as per the Visa Bulletin.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/13/2017 at 1:04 PM, Maari said:

PD 14Feb2017.. 

I read from other forum (PD march-oct 2016) with current PD, that even if they finish or pass all the requirements and approved. they still need to wait for another 1 year for the interview. is this true? even if your PD is already current it will still take 1year to wait for the interview? i thought it will only take 2-3 months at most. 

I think that's not the case, visa bulletin is now at 22nd March 2016 for final action date, so if the 2016 fillers in these months(March-Oct-2016) will get their interview date this yr, Also the processing time for CSC is at 4th Nov, 2016, meaning those that their case are current to file and pay for visa application(Visa bulletin:Dates for filling Family-Sponsored Visa Application) that haven't being approved will get approved soon, and it also means it won't take long for them to send u are welcome letter since the current date for visa application is 1st Mat, 2017, anyone in this category won't take a yr to receive WL when their NOA2 is approved. It all depends on the Visa bulletin and CSC processing time

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/14/2017 at 6:22 AM, Zikra said:

My PD is June 22, 2017, long way to go!

Hii my PD is November 21,2016 ...waiting from long time...yet didn’t got any approval..my husband is lpr filled i130 (f2a visa) ..my case is in California service Center ...anyone on same track please reply 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/20/2018 at 12:53 AM, Jimmy The Tulip said:

Hey all, seems like I'm the oldest PD here so I thought I'd update you guys on my process.

My PD is October 2016 and I got my approval from CSC (California) recently, February 2018. Now waiting minimum 30 days for NVC to contact with next step (more forms to fill out of course).

Hang in there guys, we're all going to make it.

Hii..my PD is 21 November 2016..how long can it take for my case approval..what was your priority date??

Timeline
On 2/24/2018 at 6:45 AM, Akanksha said:

Hii..my PD is 21 November 2016..how long can it take for my case approval..what was your priority date??

Not sure what Service Center you are with, you might want to check the website to see where they are processing.

If you are at California, CSC, than you might be getting an approval/RFE soon, maybe another month or two at most.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.