927 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, GreenUsa said:

Why it will be future if at interview time I will have already started job? My question was, you should bring at interview exactly same documents (originals) that you submitted to NVC online or may bring additionals that were obtained after submit ?

If I must bring exaclty same not obtained after submition than I will start job and than will submitt documents online, so I will have current annual income to write in form's field as it says in form instructions (+ considering assets).

Current annual income is anyway theoretical, so I'm going to get and submit notice letter from new US emploer + assets.

It's future because you are filing AOS now, not at the interview. Currently you have 0 income. How much clearer must it be for you?

Do what you like, I doubt you will pass NVC with that.

Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, Weebee said:

It's future because you are filing AOS now, not at the interview. Currently you have 0 income. How much clearer must it be for you?

Do what you like, I doubt you will pass NVC with that.

I'm going to file AOS after I'll start job in US (after ~2-3 weeks)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, QBHE said:

Just informed by NVC that case was received August 20th. 

Case approved by USCIS June 18th. Waiting for the Welcome letter now... 

Update

Received welcome letter on September 17th! paid fee on the same day and now forms are available 

23 hours ago, QBHE said:

Update

Received welcome letter on September 17th! paid fee on the same day and now forms are available 

I'm glad this part of the phase is finally moving forward for  you. You don't have your timeline completed, so I hope you don't mind me asking this question...how long did it take for NVC to receive your documents after USCIS had approved it? In other words, how long did it take to go from NOA2 to NVC Received?

I'm still waiting for NVC to receive my petition as some on this forum have said it can take up to 6 weeks, but when I called USCIS yesterday, they said their maximum time frame is 90 days and it's still within the time limit. Thanks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, vincentlina said:

I'm glad this part of the phase is finally moving forward for  you. You don't have your timeline completed, so I hope you don't mind me asking this question...how long did it take for NVC to receive your documents after USCIS had approved it? In other words, how long did it take to go from NOA2 to NVC Received?

I'm still waiting for NVC to receive my petition as some on this forum have said it can take up to 6 weeks, but when I called USCIS yesterday, they said their maximum time frame is 90 days and it's still within the time limit. Thanks.

Took 3 months + a couple of weeks and the only way I found out was when I called the NVC. They claimed they didn't have any email on file so had to use regular mail which hasn't yet arrived. Got the case # and invoice ID over the phone. 

Tip: when submitting scanned docs, make sure the right-side is up so the words are displayed horizontally. They reject docs for something they can correct with one click.

11 hours ago, GPG said:

Took 3 months + a couple of weeks and the only way I found out was when I called the NVC. They claimed they didn't have any email on file so had to use regular mail which hasn't yet arrived. Got the case # and invoice ID over the phone. 

Tip: when submitting scanned docs, make sure the right-side is up so the words are displayed horizontally. They reject docs for something they can correct with one click.

Thank you for the info and tip.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, GPG said:

Can you explain about the right-side up? I want to make sure when the time comes that the welcome letter arrives and needs the docs, I get it right

Timeline

Timeline update

Priority date: June 27/2017

Form I130 approval: April 18/2019

Welcome Letter: June 1/2019

Documentarily qualified: July 2/2019

Appointment Letter: August 22/2019

Interview Date: September 17/2019 

Visa approved 

Good luck everyone 

Timeline
9 hours ago, delish said:

Can you explain about the right-side up? I want to make sure when the time comes that the welcome letter arrives and needs the docs, I get it right

When viewing the scanned documents on your screen, words should be displayed horizontally. You can correct that with a click or two as needed.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:57 PM, Wede and Hode said:

Timeline update

Priority date: June 27/2017

Form I130 approval: April 18/2019

Welcome Letter: June 1/2019

Documentarily qualified: July 2/2019

Appointment Letter: August 22/2019

Interview Date: September 17/2019 

Visa approved 

Good luck everyone 

Congrats, My documents was rejected because it’s not in the right position. I wanted to check if submitting online makes document review faster. I first submitted the document on sep 13 and got rejected on September 16. Resubmitted again on Sep 18 and noting so far.  I see that they are working on documents from Aug 9. Any insight!

Thanks

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sep17 said:

Congrats, My documents was rejected because it’s not in the right position. I wanted to check if submitting online makes document review faster. I first submitted the document on sep 13 and got rejected on September 16. Resubmitted again on Sep 18 and noting so far.  I see that they are working on documents from Aug 9. Any insight!

Thanks

Doc rejected for the same reason. Re-submitted same day. That was the 13th, qualified today the 27th.

1 hour ago, GPG said:

Doc rejected for the same reason. Re-submitted same day. That was the 13th, qualified today the 27th.

Wow, The website doesn’t say anything about document position and when I called and asked they told me the website supports Only IE browser. What happens after the accept your document? Do they schedule you for interview  or they still need time to review the document?

Thanks for the response 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Sep17 said:

Wow, The website doesn’t say anything about document position and when I called and asked they told me the website supports Only IE browser. What happens after the accept your document? Do they schedule you for interview  or they still need time to review the document?

Thanks for the response 

Once documentarily qualified, you get an email confirming the same and explaining that they will work with your particular consulate to schedule your interview.

Based on other's timeline, should be scheduled for interview within 3 - 4 weeks.

1 hour ago, GPG said:

Once documentarily qualified, you get an email confirming the same and explaining that they will work with your particular consulate to schedule your interview.

Based on other's timeline, should be scheduled for interview within 3 - 4 weeks.

1 hour ago, GPG said:

Ok, I was thinking they need to review your document after accepting it. Please update me when you get an interview date.

Thanks

Edited by Sep17

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sep17 said:

Ok, I was thinking they need to review your document after accepting it. Please update me when you get an interview date.

Thanks

Yes. They only accept after reviewing or they reject it. 

Will keep the thread posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.