927 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Youssef1985 said:

Your explanation was very clear. But i see it very strange that also the processing times says it did not even reach my case ( July 25, 2017) they are still on ( May 25, 2017) which gives them right when they say your petition is not out of normal prossessing yet. Why are you calling us ? 

I am really confused. Does that mean my whole total time of prosessing my case until the interview is going to be around 3 years ?

... they say your petition is not out of normal prossessing yet. Why are you calling us ? 

Yes, they will give you exactly same excuse. Your understanding is correct on that part.

Does that mean my whole total time of prosessing my case until the interview is going to be around 3 years ?

Not necessary. But looking at current situation right now, definitely from filing I-130 to Visa Interview is more than 24 months. Nobody knows whether it will be 3 years or 1 year or 5 years ... it simply depends on demand. Budget is 90,000 approx. per year where 7% is the max cap for each country and only USCIS and NVC know the real numbers on the basis of APPROVED petitions ... If filings were less ... waiting times goes down, if filings were more ... waiting times goes up ... In my best knowledge, F2A is playing around with the range of 18 to 30 months at extremes of low and high scale. This value of range is complete time from filing I-130 to Interview at overseas embassy/consulate for cases subject to consular processing. 

Edited by puru444

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
19 hours ago, sherydenise said:

Had my interview this morning and was approved for my visa! Very happy :D 

Congratulations... I'm still waiting for IL.... Has anyone here recieved il? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 5/15/2019 at 3:34 AM, Bboorrcchh said:

yes, the waiting for welcome letter is so long. I don't understand why it takes 6 weeks just to enter the case into the system and generate an invoice number and a new case number. Is the information system in NVC too old?

my case was approved on 15 april they told on approval letter 30 days

i havnt received anything 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone and thanks for your posts they helped feel less alone in this long wait! My PD is July 12, I got approved on April 18 but NVC still didn't contact us for further processing. 

I read on June VB that my PD is going to be current next month, does anyone know if I can take any action or I just have to wait? Can I ask for expedite processing of my case? I am currently in my home country. Thanks for your help!

On 7/13/2017 at 7:50 PM, Zikra said:

Creating a post for 2017 I-130 filers for spouses of permanent residents, please share your PDs and any further actions going forward. 

I am permanent residence holder  i filed for my wife on nov 10 2017.her status still shows application recieved.i check may visa bullitin they are processing case of july 2017.i still not heard any news from them.still no approval letter dont know whats going on .atleast they should tell some thing 

Edited by Aamir Saleem

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.