evoria

Unconfirmed Son of U.S. citizen

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow! You have a heart of gold. I have no advice, but it's refreshing to see someone who is so compassionate. Best of luck <3

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

22 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

Hey, I'm pulling for you. I hope the child is your husband's. It will be a blessing.

No judgement here. When you asked the question "why should I look for the father for her", I simply responded with a valid reason. The question alone made it seem like you didn't even want to try. My point is that an unknown biological fathers deserve a chance and to be, at the least, searched for even if it results come up empty. If you are willing to do that diligence at least you gave it a try.

But all of this could be moot if the child is your husband's. Again, we hope that it is.

OP - refers to Original Poster

I dont think people get the different cultures and norms.  If the father is not OPs husband and unknown man will be next to impossible to track.

OPs husband cheated with this woman.  If there's another man or men that's so far fetched to find when even the mother seems difficult to track.

i do think the child is of OPs husband as it seems this was an affair and she knew his address, sister's address etc.  sounds more like a full blown affair than a fling.

Take one thing at a time, do the DNA test.  I feel your husband may have made the child seem like Likely not his to reduce guilt.  If its negative then look at adoption options.

i respect your honourable intentions and happy to know inspite of issues with your husband you have put the unknown child first.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Auds said:

OP - refers to Original Poster

I dont think people get the different cultures and norms.  If the father is not OPs husband and unknown man will be next to impossible to track.

OPs husband cheated with this woman.  If there's another man or men that's so far fetched to find when even the mother seems difficult to track.

i do think the child is of OPs husband as it seems this was an affair and she knew his address, sister's address etc.  sounds more like a full blown affair than a fling.

Take one thing at a time, do the DNA test.  I feel your husband may have made the child seem like Likely not his to reduce guilt.  If its negative then look at adoption options.

i respect your honourable intentions and happy to know inspite of issues with your husband you have put the unknown child first.

Thanks for your comment.  Many who commented are from countries that are easy to immigrate from or those with great legal and child care systems that is not the case here.  I am a very self-reliant and confident person and realistic.  I understand the entire story and who knows who and what had to happen where my husband and I even to be in this situation.  Right now I am concerned for the child.  My sister in law is older and may not always be there for the child.  My current concern is the child. 

I contacted a DNA company they can do the DNA however it will not count for immigration.  Not sure why they are a AABB certified.  No matter we are scheduled and should have results soon.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Please let us know the results.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
52 minutes ago, evoria said:

Thanks for your comment.  Many who commented are from countries that are easy to immigrate from or those with great legal and child care systems that is not the case here.  I am a very self-reliant and confident person and realistic.  I understand the entire story and who knows who and what had to happen where my husband and I even to be in this situation.  Right now I am concerned for the child.  My sister in law is older and may not always be there for the child.  My current concern is the child. 

I contacted a DNA company they can do the DNA however it will not count for immigration.  Not sure why they are a AABB certified.  No matter we are scheduled and should have results soon.

The reason why they said it will not count for immigration is because it's not recommended by US Embassy. You are doing it for your own clarification.... In my case the embassy gave me a form demanding for a DNA to be performed including my case number on it.. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Please let us know the results.

Definitely.  I appreciate all the comments. 

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, evoria said:

No country is easy to migrate from despite what people think.  Get a visitor visa may be easier but not migrating or work permits. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well Canada has the TN Visa and Ghana I think is eligible for the DV, so both have advantages not open to others.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Are you sure this child is not your sister-in-law's baby? Because i am surprised that you are hoping that they don't ask for a DNA test.

I hope I am wrong but others have tried this and failed at this embassy.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
Just now, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Are you sure this child is not your sister-in-law's baby? Because i am surprised that you are hoping that they don't ask for a DNA test.

LOL.  No my sister in Law is very old.  That is why it scares me that,God forbid she is unable to continue to take care of this child, he will end up in the streets.  By the way the DNA company was very nice.  My sister in law can do the test all in one - walk into to Fed Ex, swab the little fellas mouth, and put the swabs right back in an envelope and they will be on there way back to the lab.  Two days once both samples are back in the lab we will have results.  The cost was not too bad, $368, this included the additional fed ex postage to send it back. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

I think the sister would know if she gave birth. Lol

Goodluck! Hopefully it is your husband's as that would make things much easier:)

Timeline
1 minute ago, caliliving said:

I think the sister would know if she gave birth. Lol

Goodluck! Hopefully it is your husband's as that would make things much easier:)

Of course she would.. even animals know their babies. :)

I have heard of stories of people trying to bring family members as their own. People who would not qualify under the family-based immigration category. That's why DNA was introduced into immigration system, this was absent years ago.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
9 minutes ago, evoria said:

LOL.  No my sister in Law is very old.  That is why it scares me that,God forbid she is unable to continue to take care of this child, he will end up in the streets.  By the way the DNA company was very nice.  My sister in law can do the test all in one - walk into to Fed Ex, swab the little fellas mouth, and put the swabs right back in an envelope and they will be on there way back to the lab.  Two days once both samples are back in the lab we will have results.  The cost was not too bad, $368, this included the additional fed ex postage to send it back. 

Did y'all try the at home DNA testing? $368 seems like a lot of money to me. DNA testing is now common in Ghana. But I hope you get your answers.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Of course she would.. even animals know their babies. :)

I have heard of stories of people trying to bring family members as their own. People who would not qualify under the family-based immigration category. That's why DNA was introduced into immigration system, this was absent years ago.

That is what I was telling my husband he was like just file and forget DNA, I will accept him.  I said no because I am 100% certain they would ask for DNA and we would have wasted money if he turns out not to be your son and this would be a serious red flag if we come back and try to get him here another way.  If he is not, we can begin to try and locate his family, start adoption or come up with some back-up for this boy.  Some may think I am crazy to say I pray he is my husband's; but this is a 5 year old who is one heartbeat from being on the street.  It makes me sick to think about it.  He does not deserve that, every child deserves a family.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Did y'all try the at home DNA testing? $368 seems like a lot of money to me. DNA testing is now common in Ghana. But I hope you get your answers.

No I figured by the time we did Fed Ex from the US to Ghana and back it would be at least $200.  Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.