JBMG

NVC - July 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

157 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, MD11PILOT said:

Well here is a big thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D

Your help, insight and sage advice has been invaluable.

You're so awesome ! :) Thanks for all of your support and encouragement. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MD11PILOT said:

There are the standard reasons for an expedite, then there are reasons that aren't listed. I was chit chatting with an operator at the NVC and he suggested I request an expedite. I said, "its not one of the reasons listed". He said, "so"... The worst that will happen, 'they' will deny it. It affects nothing, you don't lose your spot in line etc. The expedite request will be sent to the Embassy that will be interviewing the beneficiary. They decide yes or no. From what I have read and based on my own experience you should have a decision in 2-4 business days.

If your case is granted, 'expedite'. Your file is pulled and sent to the Embassy. Basically switching you to consular filing. Our case was expedited because of getting the kids in school for the beginning of the school year. We were already into week 5 of the 11 week wait for NVC to check the file. From the timelines similar to ours it saved 6 weeks. Difference being, my boys will be sitting in class vs sitting at the Embassy waiting to be interviewed. 

Great feedback MD11Pilot! thanks for sharing. :) 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Mashedm said:

Hey guys, we are awaiting our second scan date :| We had sent our resubmitted form on the same day we received our checklist (July 19th).

I am hoping we can speak to a supervisor to look over our case based on the fact that the pages they said were missing from our co-sponsor's a is form (10,11,12) were actually sent in and are inconsequential (two pages dedicated to interpreter's details which dont apply to us as we don't have an interpreter, (I mean earlier in the form it clearly states our co-sponsor was born in america in 1961) and an 'additional notes' page). God, I haven't seen my husband in 7 months going on 8.

Please tell me this is a valid reason to get a supervisor review.

Any reason you may have could get you a hold of a supervisor. Saw someone on the spreadsheet have a supervisor call them back just to tell them yes their case is still under review, have to wait the 11 weeks.. You can already call the NVC on Monday and ask for a supervisor to call you back. This way it will get a supervisor on your account. And when they'll call you back, they'll have your case in front of them (at least this is what I've understood) and they'll confirm if those pages are really missing or if something else happened on them... Good thing is that you're being proactive by sending in an entirely new form..  So if needed, they'll be on their radar and hopefully get you a CC. So please keep on calling the NVC until someone agrees to get a supervisor to call you back. Explaining to them over and over again, that you sent in all pages and remember so because you wrote notes on the last one.. Call first thing, 7am when they open. :) 

5 hours ago, OlgaP said:

Hello. 

I'm from Poland, my husband is a US citizen. We just passed 1.5 year mark of waiting. Currently we were waiting for NVC responce but unfortunately instead of a letter with interview date, at 11th week of waiting, we received a checklist. We have to submit different type of birth certificates and marriage certificates. In Poland we have 2 types of certificates and we had no clue which type they want so we send ones that we use in Poland more often. Unfortunately it wasn't the type NVC wanted. Honestly, USCIS waiting for us was shorter than NVC waiting. Our case was laying there untouched for 3 months before they estimate 11 weeks to review it. When we called NVC to confirm checklist we heard they estimate another 11 weeks to review additional documents. We thought we're at the end of this nightmare process but it looks like they backed us up to the beginning. Please tell me, if there's any chance that it will be done sooner and if there's any way to speed this up? I read about people contacting supervisors, but please tell me how to do it because all we rely on is what operator says. This is a pure nightmare for us since our 5 y.o. son and I wait so long. With this checklist all are hopes were ruined and I feel so powerless right now. Please help me... 

Hi @OlgaP

Tagging you in this forum. Please read everything on the first page of this forum. You'll find instructions/advice on how to get a supervisor on your case. Meanwhile, also advise you submitting a request to expedite your case. That information is also listed on the first page of this forum. 

Also, please update your visa journey profile and timeline.. This will allow you to find other cases similar to yours. The forum is hard to understand/navigate but once you're on here a few times, you start to understand how it all works and the many awesome tools it provides you. 

So please read all the posts on the first page of this forum.  And post any questions you have here. 

Edited by JBMG

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mashedm said:

Thank you JBMG, I just placed a call asking for a supervisor to call me back.

The operator said "why should we give you a supervisor review if pages are missing, they should have been submitted even if they were non-applicable. I can't put you ahead of other people, you'll wait 11 weeks. If someone reviews your case before then, great, if not then you'll have to wait." I did explain that they were not missing originally, but to no avail.

So that didn't go well. But we'll just keep trying. They received the resubmitted form on 22nd July, not clear if it is the new scan date, will call later tonight and speak to someone else.

yeah, this is normal. :) Please try again tomorrow morning right when they open up.. And just explain again that you submitted all the pages with your AOS form, and it's not fair that you have to wait up to 11 weeks. Eventually someone will get a supervisor to call you back. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Checking in:  Scan Date 19 July, so a week ago tomorrow.  Not sure when the NVC begins actively reviewing submissions after scanning them; is it a good idea to try calling to preempt any potential checklists, or should I just leave the lines clear for everyone calling to find out why their fees have been deducted from their banks yet still aren't showing at the CEAC?

I will try to comprehend how to enter us into the spreadsheet and do so by next week, if only because the four people I see there now who'll go through the same embassy as us (i.e. Stockholm) are a small sample on which to make projections.  Maybe that is understandable, since all Nordic countries consistently rank at the top of Human Development Indices, Norways per capita income is a little more than TWICE that of the US and, of course, there are people of Norwegian descent in the US now than in Norway itself.  In other words, there are not many potential immigrants in the first place, and most have little cause to leave.  

Not that that small sample discouraged me MAKING projections anyway, and it is encouraging to see that the three other cases that have already CCed did so within 40-50 days of their SD, and have interviews scheduled about the same amount of time after their CCs, so I am hopeful (if not confident) I will have my wife and child back by Christmas.  Since this is the time of year most people are taking their mandatory 4+ weeks of paid vacation, I was concerned processing might slow because the US embassy is running a skeleton crew, and still worry our particular case might be larger than normal and thus take proportionately longer to complete.  Our I-130 was certainly copious, and was at the Nebraska Service Center for ~8 months (mid-September through mid-May,) which I believe was a month or two longer than average (according to records here at Visa Journey.)

Huge thanks @JBMG for lots of information and encouragement, both of the "read this," "do this" and "DON'T do this" variety, as well as the "you've ALREADY done that, so stop worrying about it!" kind. :D

Good luck and God speed to all scanners! :)

Edited by JOL

Timeline

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!

ATTENTION. If you are NOT already on the spreadsheet, as of August 6th, 2017, I'm no longer going to manage the spreadsheet (updating the formulas, resorting it)
Def advise all July scan dates to add themselves to the spreadsheet no later than August 5th.
Meanwhile, I'll leave this spreadsheet up for those of you who do not have your Case Complete/Interview date.
YES, You can still make updates to this spreadsheet via your questionnaire confirmation receipt that you received via email. From "google forms"
To clarify, the spreadsheet is still "LIVE", you can still make updates to it.
The GOAL, to get all rows GREEN!! So PLEASE keep on updating your CASE STATUS. :) And please keep on encouraging eachother to keep it updated. :)

----

Please visit the following, this will update our spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Thank you, JBMG

===

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. - Walter Elliot

Timeline
8 hours ago, Mashedm said:

Well we got to speak to a supervisor eventually and were denied a supervisor review. It looks like we'll be waiting up to another 11 weeks which puts us at 9th October latest for a CC and who knows when for an interview, somewhere in November?

It doesn't matter to them that the mistake was on their side. They said 'NVC is not in the habit of losing documents'. 

This sucks so much.

Good luck everyone, I hope it works out better for you and you get to see your loved ones soon.

omg.. I don't get this.. So so so so sorry.. Maybe try again in a couple of weeks time.. so frustrating.. They lose docs all the time.. Their comment is just rude because they are "in the habit of losing documents", hence why we stress so much about them losing them..  My theory, they have some very unhappy employees.. so sorry.. I hope hope hope they'll get you a CC ASAP now that you're on their radar.. Keep us posted. 

Timeline

Hi Everyone.. 

If you haven't printed out your DS-260 confirmation yet. Just created the following to help you locate it. You have to bring this to your interview. :)

DS-260 Confirmation Example / Printing Instructions. (Must bring to your interview)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, sssssb said:

My nvc scan date was July 18,2017,when can I look forward to receiving a CC?

8 to 12 weeks from scan date, I'd say.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, sssssb said:

They said 6 to 7 

A little earlier this year, NVC was taking 11 weeks.  Maybe they are faster now.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Called today to confirm my scan date.  Package was received on 07/26 and my scan date was 07/27.  The agent asked me if I had completed DS-261 online and told me that it could take up to 11 weeks to go through everything before they would send it to the embassy and we would be able to schedule the interview.

Checking in - 

Scan date 31st July 2017 (narrowly made it into the July scanners lol)

Embassy will be London, UK. Fingers crossed for a speedy case complete but im fully prepared for an 11 week wait ^_^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.