JBMG

NVC - July 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

157 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 1:13 PM, larnar1309 said:

How is everyone checking on their status?

calls to NVC?

checking if aos disappears or goes to N/A?

doing visa status check on ceac? 

What are the different / best methods?

I called,cause you actually get an idea of how many weeks remaining when i talked to them,cause if I check my status all am going to see is still processing. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
On 8/25/2017 at 1:13 PM, larnar1309 said:

How is everyone checking on their status?

calls to NVC?

checking if aos disappears or goes to N/A?

doing visa status check on ceac? 

What are the different / best methods?

I just call once per week, normally within a day on either side of our SDs "anniversary."  So far it has been hit and miss getting a customer service representative willing to tell me whether they have begun processing our case.

7 hours ago, DandTO16 said:
7 hours ago, sssssb said:

Got CC today now waiting for interview!!!!

Congrats! How many weeks?

Based on their post on the previous page, and prior ones, it looks like just under 6 weeks, because their SD was 18 July.  Ours was 19 July, so after I saw they got a CC today I called the NVC just now to see if we might have one also:  Not yet...

Congrats, sssssb, and good luck with the rest of the process:  You are in the home stretch now! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

· 

So depressed. We should be getting cc soon. I called today to check status. They reset us to an additional 11 weeks. I sent fingerprints a few weeks ago. I had only sent clearance since thats what was stated on form. We haven't even went for review and they reset time. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, DandTO16 said:

· 

So depressed. We should be getting cc soon. I called today to check status. They reset us to an additional 11 weeks. I sent fingerprints a few weeks ago. I had only sent clearance since thats what was stated on form. We haven't even went for review and they reset time. 

Were fingerprints part of your police report?  I only ask because I do not recall being asked for those, so am now a bit worried about not submitting them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/22/2017 at 0:00 PM, Sabbah said:

Hello,

We've called the NVC and they've informed us that our scan date was the 10th of July, and they told us to wait up to 11 weeks.  Is there anything we could do to make the process go quicker? They have recieved all of our fees and the DS-260 aswell.

Thanks

hi please give an update on your case? Is your case completed?

Timeline
59 minutes ago, JOL said:

I just call once per week, normally within a day on either side of our SDs "anniversary."  So far it has been hit and miss getting a customer service representative willing to tell me whether they have begun processing our case.

Based on their post on the previous page, and prior ones, it looks like just under 6 weeks, because their SD was 18 July.  Ours was 19 July, so after I saw they got a CC today I called the NVC just now to see if we might have one also:  Not yet...

Congrats, sssssb, and good luck with the rest of the process:  You are in the home stretch now! :)

Thank you!!!!surprisingly when my husband call they told him I have 5 more weeks to go so it came as a shocker when I got that email!!!,hope yours will come soon!!!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, sssssb said:

Thank you!!!!surprisingly when my husband call they told him I have 5 more weeks to go so it came as a shocker when I got that email!!!,hope yours will come soon!!!!

Interesting; so just because they told me up to 5 more weeks when I called does not mean we will not get an email tomorrow.  Good to know, thanks.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JOL said:

Interesting; so just because they told me up to 5 more weeks when I called does not mean we will not get an email tomorrow.  Good to know, thanks.

Yes,exactly this they told us,so don't worry yours will come soon🙌🙌

Timeline
2 hours ago, JOL said:

Were fingerprints part of your police report?  I only ask because I do not recall being asked for those, so am now a bit worried about not submitting them.

The letter didn't ask for them only police report. I seen others from my country receiving a checklist because they didn't include them. Went on state department website and it asks for fingerprints as well for my country. NVC needs to personalize letter for each country. Not just the generic letter. I'm so down! Ugh and I tried to prevent a delay by sending before we went into review. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DandTO16 said:

The letter didn't ask for them only police report. I seen others from my country receiving a checklist because they didn't include them. Went on state department website and it asks for fingerprints as well for my country. NVC needs to personalize letter for each country. Not just the generic letter. I'm so down! Ugh and I tried to prevent a delay by sending before we went into review. 

Where on the State Department website did you see that?  I want to check whether we are in the same situation without my knowing it.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JOL said:

Where on the State Department website did you see that?  I want to check whether we are in the same situation without my knowing it.

Go to your country's reciprocity. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, DandTO16 said:

Go to your country's reciprocity. 

Did, but saw nothing about fingerprints. However, once I looked at Nigerias reciprocity agreements there I saw that the NVC requires fingerprint cards be submitted along with the police report; is that what you were referencing?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JOL said:

Did, but saw nothing about fingerprints. However, once I looked at Nigerias reciprocity agreements there I saw that the NVC requires fingerprint cards be submitted along with the police report; is that what you were referencing?

Yes, it is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.