JBMG

NVC - July 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

157 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have lots confusion going around. Here the story....

My case is F2A (spouse) 

*Got WL on (jun/21/1017)

* DS-261 agent selected (jun/23/2017)

* Paid AOS fee (july/01/2017)

*Paid IV fee on (july/17/2017) but it took 16days to get paid.

* Submitted DS-260 on (Aug/01/2017)

Everything done but after that I checked DS-261 and noticed I didn't put applicant middle name with the given name. So I click edit and I was able to add my middle name there. Thats made me resubmit my DS-261.

Now I am worried because NVC already reviewed my DS-261 one month ago.

Is this going to creat any problem coz they will review my new DS-261 again.

PLEASE REPLY....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
On 7/30/2017 at 0:45 PM, missileman said:

A little earlier this year, NVC was taking 11 weeks.  Maybe they are faster now.

That was the number they gave me when I called yesterday (SD 19 July, but I wanted to know if they had "Case Begun" it yet, and, if so whether we had any checklists, which the NVC operator said they could tell me over the phone:  No news is good news, so far.)  For whatever it is worth though, when I go to the VJ spreadsheet and sort by either SD or CC, it does look as if most people with SDs since April are getting CC in ~8 weeks.  Sure hope and pray that trend continues:  If my wife is not here by Christmas I will have officially spent more of my daughters life away from her than with her.

4 hours ago, kshaheen said:

Is there a page for August 2017 Scan Dates? 

Seems like it's not been made yet. I'm hoping my scan date will be 8/9 8/10 :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 0:45 PM, missileman said:

A little earlier this year, NVC was taking 11 weeks.  Maybe they are faster now.

When my husband called they told him six weeks time, but our attorney said 3 weeks so all am gonna do is just wait it until the right time comes

On 7/25/2017 at 7:31 PM, ILKFC said:

Checking-in here, 2nd scan date July 24.

Hope things will be smooth from now on!

Thank you @JBMG for creating this thread and the detailed info!

We got our P4 letter by email with interview date Sept 18! When I called to confirm my second scan date, i was told to wait for up to 11 weeks!  I just checked the website, the status is indeed "in transit"!  We are soooooo surprised! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, ILKFC said:

We got our P4 letter by email with interview date Sept 18! When I called to confirm my second scan date, i was told to wait for up to 11 weeks!  I just checked the website, the status is indeed "in transit"!  We are soooooo surprised! 

Congratulations!!! That was incredibly fast!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, ILKFC said:

Congrats! :) Did you expedite your case or it just miraculously took around 2 weeks for you to get an interview date? 

4 hours ago, kshaheen said:

Congrats! :) Did you expedite your case or it just miraculously took around 2 weeks for you to get an interview date? 

Thanks!  It was not expedited, so maybe a checklist won't reset the waiting time!  I was expecting to hear from NVC again in Oct.  We are really realy surprised when we got the email! 

Edited by ILKFC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
42 minutes ago, ILKFC said:

Thanks!  It was not expedited, so maybe a checklist won't reset the waiting time!  I was expecting to hear from NVC again in Oct.  We are really realy surprised when we got the email! 

Awesome! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Not to get you guys too excited but there were some July scan dates who received their cc's last week. Each one of them had a checklist.. So maybe this is why they got processed faster. There are still 17 cases from June waiting for a CC.  To see how your country is doing on NVC processing, sort the spreadsheet by your "interview country". Here are the sort instructions.  

---

Congrats to the following for receiving your CC's last week!! Heck @kunzie11 already received his interview date!! For the rest of you, the NVC starts releasing dates at the end of the month and around the middle of the month. So you can expect October interview dates around August 29th.  

@kunzie11 @MajaB @SMNQ @Iffat Nizu @Iffat Nizu @YuMa

Meanwhile, you can head over to the following forum, joining others who are waiting for an interview date and preparing for their interviews. Please read the first post, very informative info in there. See you there. 

Case Complete to Interview September 2017

VJ display name USCIS Priority Date (PD) Most recent Scan Date (SD) At review Dept SD to Review WEEKS Review dept to CC - DAYS Case Complete (CC) SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS Filed via Visa Class Interview - Country Interview - City Received Interview Notification Interview
kunzie11 1/1/2017 7/7/2017     NA 8/14/2017 38 5.43 32 Mail CR1 India Mumbai 8/15/2017 9/28/2017
MajaB 8/16/2016 6/21/2017 7/28/2017 5.29 18 8/15/2017 55 7.86 52 Mail IR1 Romania Bucharest    
SMNQ 3/18/2017 6/15/2017     NA 8/17/2017 63 9.00 22 Mail IR1 Philippines Manila    
Iffat Nizu 9/9/2016 7/14/2017     NA 8/17/2017 34 4.86 49 Mail IR-5 Bangladesh Dhaka    
Iffat Nizu 9/12/2017 7/14/2017     NA 8/17/2017 34 4.86 -4 Mail IR-5 Bangladesh Dhaka    
Yuma 7/25/2016 7/11/2017 6/9/2017 Checklist 70 8/18/2017 38 5.43 56 Mail CR1 Dominican Republic Santo Domingo    

If you're not on this list, but received a CC last week. Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017 with your latest status.

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, JBMG said:

Not to get you guys too excited but there were some July scan dates who received their cc's last week. Each one of them had a checklist.. So maybe this is why they got processed faster. There are still 17 cases from June waiting for a CC.  To see how your country is doing on NVC processing, sort the spreadsheet by your "interview country". Here are the sort instructions.  

---

Congrats to the following for receiving your CC's last week!! Heck @kunzie11 already received his interview date!! For the rest of you, the NVC starts releasing dates at the end of the month and around the middle of the month. So you can expect October interview dates around August 29th.  

@kunzie11 @MajaB @SMNQ @Iffat Nizu @Iffat Nizu @YuMa

Meanwhile, you can head over to the following forum, joining others who are waiting for an interview date and preparing for their interviews. Please read the first post, very informative info in there. See you there. 

Case Complete to Interview September 2017

VJ display name USCIS Priority Date (PD) Most recent Scan Date (SD) At review Dept SD to Review WEEKS Review dept to CC - DAYS Case Complete (CC) SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS Filed via Visa Class Interview - Country Interview - City Received Interview Notification Interview
kunzie11 1/1/2017 7/7/2017     NA 8/14/2017 38 5.43 32 Mail CR1 India Mumbai 8/15/2017 9/28/2017
MajaB 8/16/2016 6/21/2017 7/28/2017 5.29 18 8/15/2017 55 7.86 52 Mail IR1 Romania Bucharest    
SMNQ 3/18/2017 6/15/2017     NA 8/17/2017 63 9.00 22 Mail IR1 Philippines Manila    
Iffat Nizu 9/9/2016 7/14/2017     NA 8/17/2017 34 4.86 49 Mail IR-5 Bangladesh Dhaka    
Iffat Nizu 9/12/2017 7/14/2017     NA 8/17/2017 34 4.86 -4 Mail IR-5 Bangladesh Dhaka    
Yuma 7/25/2016 7/11/2017 6/9/2017 Checklist 70 8/18/2017 38 5.43 56 Mail CR1 Dominican Republic Santo Domingo    

If you're not on this list, but received a CC last week. Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017 with your latest status.

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

My scan date was July 18 so I guess am looking for a October date,so my case is in the right time line cause my case started in October! 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
21 hours ago, sssssb said:

My scan date was July 18 so I guess am looking for a October date,so my case is in the right time line cause my case started in October! 

Yeesh, do not say that:  My SD was the day after yours, and I'm still hoping for a September CC.  In fact, the middle of this week will be 5 since our scans, which theoretically only leaves 3-6 more before we can expect a CC (presuming no checklists, heaven willing.)  In other words, as early as the second (full) week of September or as late as the first week of October.  From what I have seen of other peoples timelines though, we will probably be looking at a November interview either way, since my understanding is that most interviews are scheduled for CCs at the start of the previous month or end of the month before that (i.e. CCs from mid-August to early September=October interviews; CCs from mid-September to early October=November interviews.)  However and once again, that is based solely on the spreadsheet.

My impression is that most CCs already received by July filers were for second SDs, but that is just my gut feeling.  For whatever it is worth, my weekly call to the NVC revealed no change in our case status; they have not even begun reviewing it yet.  I am trying to take the optimistic view that that simply gives us more time to save money toward the medical exam, flights (both to the exam and to the US,) immigrant fee and moving expenses.  Otherwise, I will just keep praying for a smooth, speedy and uneventful process with no checklists, and calling weekly until the NVC says something one way or the other.

Edited by JOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.