dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2017

435 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Alex10040 said:

CC confirmed today! Scan date May 10th. Best of luck to all of you!

Congratulations!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

1 minute ago, cadtousa said:

Hi E&N if you have passed 8 weeks from your scan date then you can call NVC 2-3 times a week and check with them if it is under review or not.

If they say it is under review then you can increase number of calls to NVC to check if you get case complete. Usually it takes around 1-7 days when your case is under review to get case complete and if something missing then they will give you a checklist.

If it is more than 9 weeks and still not in review then you ask them to forward your call to supervisor as they have more info.

congrats Alex :)

Thank you and Congrats Alex :) Iam on my 2 week out of 6 of "supervisor review"

2 minutes ago, E&N said:

Thank you and Congrats Alex :) Iam on my 2 week out of 6 of "supervisor review"

if you get a checklist and you send them the documents will the 11weeks start over again or if they lost a page or something? I passed the 11 week mark 2 weeks ago (scan date 04/03/17 and I got shifted onto the supervisor review.. i was wondering if they lost my file or i get a checklist do i get an additional 11 weeks :( 

Just now, E&N said:

if you get a checklist and you send them the documents will the 11weeks start over again or if they lost a page or something? I passed the 11 week mark 2 weeks ago (scan date 04/03/17 and I got shifted onto the supervisor review.. i was wondering if they lost my file or i get a checklist do i get an additional 11 weeks :( 

Hi,

If you are under supervisor review then please read my case under June forum. I had same issue passed 9 weeks and told I am under review and after 1 week got a checklist for proof of residency in Canada. I have forwarded that document and emailed them for expedite but got rejected.

After 1 week passed called them several times (2 times a day to reach to a supervisor) but most of the time they said they are busy and we always try to convince them for a call back by giving our number. After 3-4 days we got a call back from supervisor Amanda and she is very nice. We explained our case to her and told her it is only 1 document and our case is already reviewed so she sent our case under supervisor review and told to wait for few days.

Next week we called NVC and they told supervisor review requires 6 weeks time so we have to wait for 6 weeks.

Next time we called again and told them to forward our call to sueprvisor but they told all supervisor are busy and we told them to please ask them to call us back. Same day after 5-6 hours same supervisor Amanda called us back and she knew our case and she told I am sorry I was busy and forgot to review your case let me review it on phone. So she reviewed our case on phone and told everything looks ok so I will complete this case by end of day. Within 1 hour my case status changed and case got completed.

So I would say keep calling and ask them to forward it to supervisor and please them to review it asap.

3 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

Hi,

If you are under supervisor review then please read my case under June forum. I had same issue passed 9 weeks and told I am under review and after 1 week got a checklist for proof of residency in Canada. I have forwarded that document and emailed them for expedite but got rejected.

After 1 week passed called them several times (2 times a day to reach to a supervisor) but most of the time they said they are busy and we always try to convince them for a call back by giving our number. After 3-4 days we got a call back from supervisor Amanda and she is very nice. We explained our case to her and told her it is only 1 document and our case is already reviewed so she sent our case under supervisor review and told to wait for few days.

Next week we called NVC and they told supervisor review requires 6 weeks time so we have to wait for 6 weeks.

Next time we called again and told them to forward our call to sueprvisor but they told all supervisor are busy and we told them to please ask them to call us back. Same day after 5-6 hours same supervisor Amanda called us back and she knew our case and she told I am sorry I was busy and forgot to review your case let me review it on phone. So she reviewed our case on phone and told everything looks ok so I will complete this case by end of day. Within 1 hour my case status changed and case got completed.

So I would say keep calling and ask them to forward it to supervisor and please them to review it asap.

Thank you! what time should it be a good time to call ? get a supervisor who wants to help....

11 minutes ago, E&N said:

Thank you! what time should it be a good time to call ? get a supervisor who wants to help....

I would say call early morning or late evening.

best time is to call after 7 pm EST.

Edited by cadtousa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/21/2017 at 7:11 PM, MrsRP said:

Hi everyone. I don't know if this question has been answered yet, but here goes: 

I just received NOA2 from USCIS, we're now moving to NVC. I'm doing the consular process through the embassy in Paris. Because I overstayed my ESTA by 18 days after I married my husband, I had to get a B1/B2 to be able to visit. I am currently in the US with him, will be going. Back to France soon. 

My question is: is it possible for us to do some of the next steps in the US, since I am here? Or am I bound by the consular process? Mostly medical and the interview. This is mainly because the medical exam is very expensive in Paris, and only one doctor is approved by the embassy. There are 5 approved USCIS MDs around our house in the US... 

thanks! 

Hi @MrsRP 

You'll want to do your medical visit in Paris because your visa expires 6 months from when the medical was completed.. You never know how long the NVC process can take, could be done within 3 months or 6+ months if you have errors with your NVC application.. Or something could happen after the interview in Paris where the Embassy will need more info delaying you from receiving your visa..  Most cases outside of Paris, get their medical done the day before their interview.. They advise us to make sure we have all the updated vaccines before going to the medical with our general doctor.. Maybe this you can do already in the US if you prefer. :) For example, we contacted the following DR by email. Very reactive and organized. Gave us a list of the process and what vaccines were needed.. Suggest you sending them an email explaining your situation.. They could probably provide you better advice than I.. 

Dr. Francis SLATTERY (Mr) 10 Avenue d’Eylau
75116 Paris

Tél: 01 47 42 02 34 (from outside France: +33 1 47 42 02 34)
visamed@orange.fr 

Meanwhile, follow this forum.  VERY IMPORTANT, please read the first fews posts in this forum, very informative.  Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have on this forum. :) 

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, HolaRome said:

I paid my IV fee on 6/30 and my bank cleared it 7/3. But it's stilll showing in process.  I want to send in my documents. ASAP.  Has anybody sent in there docs before submitting DS-260?

If you have a paid all fees, and you have your Case number/Welcome letter on the front of your paperwork, you can send it in. :)  I didn't wait it for it to say "paid" The day after I mailed in my docs, it changed fro "in process" to "paid" 

have you read the first few pages of this forum? Def advise doing that before sending in your packet to make sure you have no errors, especially the following forum. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Just talked to NVC, they told me my case is being under review since of the date 29th of June... Still not complete though. My scan date it is may 19th. do you guys have any idea if it means that they are actually reviewing my case for 8 days now...? Or they haven't got to it yet? I'm confused a little. :(

Edited by Ulrica&Jesse
  • Got married - 9/26/2014
  • I-130 filed - 9/22/2016
  • NOA1(Went to Nebraska) - 9/27/2016 
  • Got transferred to Texas Service Center - 2/23/2017
  • NOA2 - 3/28/2017 
  • Got sent to NVC - 3/31/2017 
  • NVC received our case - 4/7/2017
  • Case number assigned - 4/6/2017
  • DS-261 Filled out - 4/10/2017
  • Welcome letter/invoice received - 4/11/2017
  • AOS fee payed - 4/12/2017
  • IV fee payed - 4/14/2017
  • Completed DS-260 Application - 4/20/2017
  • Sent documents to NVC - 5/15/2017
  • Scan Date - 5/19/2017
  • Case Complete at NVC - 7/19/2017
  • Interview date released - 8/1/2017
  • Interview date - 9/6/2017 - Approved!
  •  

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I have a question about the timing of filing out DS-261. Two days ago we got a number NVC assigned and today I had available DS-261 to fill out. I did that. Now how long do I need to wait to pay the fees? Because I called and a lady told me to wait for the instructions up to 4 weeks, but I've been reading that it is possible to be earlier. 

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ulrica&Jesse said:

Just talked to NVC, they told me my case is being under review since of the date 29th of June... Still not complete though. My scan date it is may 19th. do you guys have any idea if it means that they are actually reviewing my case for 8 days now...? Or they haven't got to it yet? I'm confused a little. :(

I think that under review means they're actively reviewing it. My SD is May 17 and still not under review :(

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline
Just now, SabRob said:

I think that under review means they're actively reviewing it. My SD is May 17 and still not under review :(

:( Yes, they don't seem to really follow the order.. i see many CC with scan dates way after me. It just makes me a bit nervous that they are taking more then a week to review my case.. I'm afraid of Checklists and such :(  I'm sure they will put your case under review any day now. Maybe it even is already and they just aren't telling you. Most of nvc phone operators don't really seem to know what they are talking about to be honest.

• Got married - 9/26/2014
  • I-130 filed - 9/22/2016
  • NOA1(Went to Nebraska) - 9/27/2016 
  • Got transferred to Texas Service Center - 2/23/2017
  • NOA2 - 3/28/2017 
  • Got sent to NVC - 3/31/2017 
  • NVC received our case - 4/7/2017
  • Case number assigned - 4/6/2017
  • DS-261 Filled out - 4/10/2017
  • Welcome letter/invoice received - 4/11/2017
  • AOS fee payed - 4/12/2017
  • IV fee payed - 4/14/2017
  • Completed DS-260 Application - 4/20/2017
  • Sent documents to NVC - 5/15/2017
  • Scan Date - 5/19/2017
  • Case Complete at NVC - 7/19/2017
  • Interview date released - 8/1/2017
  • Interview date - 9/6/2017 - Approved!
  •  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.