MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can expedite an Immigrant Visa, you can not expedite AP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

my fiancé had his interview for k1 visa on April 24th and was approved but when I emailed the Cairo embassy after the interview to ask about why my ceac case status still says ready they sent me a word document to fill out that apparently is this ds form, I’m really not sure if the person replying sent a generic form and had no idea what my case was or if there is a true issue with my case. In your experiences with this ds form are people receiving  this form even after embassy approval at the interview and the embassy keeping the passport?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can ask them to return your passport.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Hi everyone,

my fiancé had his interview for k1 visa on April 24th and was approved but when I emailed the Cairo embassy after the interview to ask about why my ceac case status still says ready they sent me a word document to fill out that apparently is this ds form, I’m really not sure if the person replying sent a generic form and had no idea what my case was or if there is a true issue with my case. In your experiences with this ds form are people receiving  this form even after embassy approval at the interview and the embassy keeping the passport?  

They keep the passport at some of the embassies and yes a few have received the questionnaire after a verbal approval.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

They keep the passport at some of the embassies and yes a few have received the questionnaire after a verbal approval.

What prompts administrative processing post interview? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

What prompts administrative processing post interview? 

I don't think anyone really knows for sure perhaps after a final review something comes up they want to look into.  The CO at the time could have been unaware or missed it.   Or someone ahead of the CO made the decision to do a little more Administrative Processing before issuing the visa.   It you read back through there are a few that were told their visas were approved and sometime later they get the dreaded email.   Until the visa is in hand there are no gaurentees.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I don't think anyone really knows for sure perhaps after a final review something comes up they want to look into.  The CO at the time could have been unaware or missed it.   Or someone ahead of the CO made the decision to do a little more Administrative Processing before issuing the visa.   It you read back through there are a few that were told their visas were approved and sometime later they get the dreaded email.   Until the visa is in hand there are no gaurentees.

Is it weird that I only got that email after inquiring about my ceac case status? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Is it weird that I only got that email after inquiring about my ceac case status? 

No not weird.   The inquiry could have pushed them to get the email out to you but It had nothing to do with them deciding to give it to you in the first place...

Otherwise you would have gotten the same copy and paste AP blah blah everyone else gets which just means wait....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

For those of you who have reached out to your state representatives, how long did it take for them to get in contact with you about your case? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, foreverconfused said:

For those of you who have reached out to your state representatives, how long did it take for them to get in contact with you about your case? 

Did you already send them the authorization form?   My senator usually takes about 1 to 3 days my congressman (i have only reached out once so far) took almost a week.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Candy-Man said:

after about month and a half it says that visa is issued on CEAC and passport status shows that it is collected from embassy for delivery

Congratulations, it's a wonderful news and fresh waive of hope for all of us who stuck in AP. It's been 5 weeks since i had interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.