MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Has anyone who is 6months plus in ap since interview has heard back from embassy? Requested to do a medical again etc?? 

We have been waiting 20 months since DS 5535 was submitted and no word from the Consulate yet.  They refuse to answer my inquiries anymore. They have begun sending curt responses to our Senator so she has stopped offering to follow up on our behalf. 

Edited by deab
Sent to quickly by accident

DEAB

3 hours ago, S.S said:

So after 13 months of adminstrative process with Ds5535, we received an email to redo the medic and for an updatedDs-260. i did that and sent it. There was constant update and exactly after 15 days on this friday the statua shows case Returned to NVC from administrative process. I am in severe depression now. This is the 4 year since my husband applied for me I-130. Any idea why this happened as i have not seen this happening.

Are there any red flags in your case?

How did u guys meet?

Is there any age difference?

Is there any culture difference?

How often does your husband come to meet you?

4 hours ago, S.S said:

So after 13 months of adminstrative process with Ds5535, we received an email to redo the medic and for an updatedDs-260. i did that and sent it. There was constant update and exactly after 15 days on this friday the statua shows case Returned to NVC from administrative process. I am in severe depression now. This is the 4 year since my husband applied for me I-130. Any idea why this happened as i have not seen this happening.

I am so sorry to hear that. Did you contact them to find out? Call NVC first thing Monday. 

Which embassy is it? 

1 hour ago, paki-guy said:

Don't worry. This is just a computer glitch. Soon you will see..............Ready............AP...............Ready.................Issued. IA

11 hours ago, S.S said:

This seems to be a glitch for sure. I have seen some other people who reported on VJ that their status changed to an interim status as Refused before changing to Issued for them. iA this looks like their interim status before it moves to Issued.

Did they also have you come to the embassy to take the oath again? 

What embassy is this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 4/12/2019 at 8:47 AM, ashcashbananas said:

our priority date is july 5, 2017. my husband's interview was finally march 5, 2019 in casablanca. he was placed in administrative processing and told he would receive an email. they kept his passport. later that day, he received the ds5535 via email and he responded to it the same day. we received an updated date on CEAC 8 times and the 9th one was today, reading "issued."

Alhamdulillah!

BIG CONGRATS to u, really deserve it.I read ur story before and felt sorry for u as why they will even give ur Husband DS 5535 .but it was a record breaker when they took care of business so quickly Thanks, God.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, destiny-hope said:

BIG CONGRATS to u, really deserve it.I read ur story before and felt sorry for u as why they will even give ur Husband DS 5535 .but it was a record breaker when they took care of business so quickly Thanks, God.

thank you so much! ❤️❤️

On 4/13/2019 at 7:49 AM, S.S said:

Please keep us all updated and let us know if your status changed. It would be helpful. Thanks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/13/2019 at 7:49 PM, S.S said:

any update on ur case? did the status change? or is it still sent to nvc?

2 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

any update on ur case? did the status change? or is it still sent to nvc?

I had a conversation with the her and unfortunately it was sent back to nvc and they had no clue as to why. She was asked to send medical and passport size photo and after 15 days the status changed to returned to nvc

The problem is they wont even tell anything as to why at this stage and it will take months before something can be heard. 

This has been an agonizing process for most of us here.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Visajourneyguy said:

I had a conversation with the her and unfortunately it was sent back to nvc and they had no clue as to why. She was asked to send medical and passport size photo and after 15 days the status changed to returned to nvc

The problem is they wont even tell anything as to why at this stage and it will take months before something can be heard. 

This has been an agonizing process for most of us here.

This is a sad thing to hear. I pray she get her visa soon .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.