MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, S.S said:

Did you guys send the inquiry about confirmation through this page? My husband called NVC but they also just said we cant confirm,right now your case is just under administrative process.

IMG_1160.PNG

Yes this page is used for immegartion visa inquiry i send a inquiry about last week but we don't receive reply yet 

12 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

I got an automatic email back right away saying that this mailbox is intended for questionnaires only.

10 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I got an auto response from the mailbox stating it was intended for those who were asked to provide information only later I got a response from an inquiry I made confirming they in fact received it just to make sure.

Same response after submitting the questionnaire. Since then i have made two inquires bith through the senator of my state. And both times a small personal message plus tge generic response. I 😢

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ahmad77 said:

I have submitted my questionnaire and CV through this email IslamabadNIVInquiry@state.gov    but haven't got any acknowledgment email, after that, i noticed only one update on visa status  

They asked for your CV too?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I apoligize if this has already been discussed but this thread is quite long.

Is anyone in this group from a country affected by the travel ban? I am from Syria and had to complete the DS-5535 form at my interview 3.5 months ago. I have been in AP since. My wife is American and now living in New York while we wait for AP to finish (she moved ahead of me to establish domicile)

Any help or links to resources appreciated! I have only heard of one person from a travel ban country (yemen) getting his visa so far... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Received this message on CEAC today. What does it mean and what should I do?

Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number: ####
Case Created: 13-Jul-2017
Case Last Updated: 08-Jan-2019

Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

2 minutes ago, MO&RA said:
Received this message on CEAC today. What does it mean and what should I do?

Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number: ####
Case Created: 13-Jul-2017
Case Last Updated: 08-Jan-2019

Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

This is a generic status that comes on CEAC after one year. Contact the embassy and they will put it back in AP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

This is a generic status that comes on CEAC after one year. Contact the embassy and they will put it back in AP.

Thanks for your quick response. I will email them tomorrow :) 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After a sequence of 6 updates, movement stopped on 18th October 2018. I contacted congressman two weeks ago and she put in an inquiry yesterday but told me She will not get a response Any time within the next 3 weeks due to back log in immigration. To my surprise Today we saw the case status update so this counts as the 7th update. I asked congressman and he still hasn’t recieved an update so I am Hoping we see an end to this process soon :). My parents were interviewed on 11 sept 2018 and dad only got ds5535. However they didn’t issue my mom a visa yet but her status shows ready since interview. I am hoping they both get their visas soon. 

5 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

So it happens to anyone who has been in ap for a year or longer? 

Seriously f***** up

Yes, I have seen it happen to a lot of people who complete a year or are about to complete a year. The CEAC status shows this generic message. But if u contact the embassy they fix it and put it back in AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.