MairzyDoats

Possible Breakup

322 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Mairzy, good luck to you and I think you made a wise decision.

men are not from mars, women are not from venus. It's nowhere near that complicated. You said in your first post how 'we women don't like to be ignored' but you need to see your situation for what it was. It's nowhere near 'being ignored'....that was pure emotional guerilla warfare. It's also not part of his 'charm as an Englishman' to treat you poorly because of a disdain for the internet. Someone mentioned summat about the English and the internet, and I happen to think that was a bit of a stretch.

The reason why I'm bringing all this up is because if there's ever a book you should read it's He's Just Not that Into You or Women Who Love Too Much. <---A friend of mine is reading that now and she said it's changing her life. I'm sorry if I'm blunt but I see women all the time excusing really awful behavior as being 'quirky' or somehow ok because of x,y,z... and I think that's a very scary place to be. From all that you wrote, I'm amazed you lasted asl long as you did...as I have to wonder what one gets out of an LDR when the emotional support is not there.

You called him a 'sociopath' in one of your posts and then in your last one, you mentioned having a 'breakthrough' with him. I read everything you said about your talk and how you 'can't do this' with him, but forgive me for saying that I don't hear the determination that you're going to need to get thru this without waivering. It makes me wonder if you're going to allow him to still go to the interview. Because if he came to you right now all 'baby I'm a fool, yadda yadda yadda' I wonder if you'd take him back.

This is your life and these are your choices...please choose wisely as this is the moment you'll look back on with either happiness or grief. Make no mistake about it...if your fiance treated you like you say he does...it's deplorable, because most wouldn't treat a dog with such disregard.

Good luck.

Edited by LisaD

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

To the O/P only YOU know what's best and the full story. However he cannot swear in at the interview that he is "obtaining the visa to marry you" when neither of you have the intention of doing so when he gets here...

Best of luck to you.. (F)

This is your life and these are your choices...please choose wisely

Good luck.

-Lisa I agree with you, but your comment made me think of thisGrailKnight1.jpg

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Your assertion about Jesus and full immersion is interesting. I did read about Phillip baptizing the eunuch in the Bible and it seems to me that only profession of faith and belief are required, for the eunuch then says, There is water, what is to prevent me from being baptized? And Phillip baptized him on the spot in the water. So your point is well taken on that -- why do Catholics need to enter a program of study for 9 months prior to being allowed to be baptized into the church? A non Catholic brought up the word "indoctrination" to me. I even wrote my Pastor about it but he passed the buck and said that it came from the higher ups and nothing could be done about it. I wrote to a baptist church for contrast and they said they usually baptize quite soon after a profession of faith. So there is a difference there.

May be I can shed a little light on this. The reason why Catholic asks those who are going to become Catholics as an adult to take classes is because we take the Christian faith very seriously. The writing of the early Church Fathers shows that they used classes to teach the faith and when the local Bishop visited, then the ones desiring to enter into the Christian faith were baptized, confirmed and received the Eucharist.

As for the method of baptism please see this link: http://www.catholic.com/library/Baptism_Immersion_Only.asp

James (USA) Manuela (Italy)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_italy_2fawm.gif

Married Nov. 6, 2004

12/02/04 Applied for I-130

12/21/04 I-130 Approved (19 days @ Vermont)

03/24/05 Case Completed (84 days @ NVC)

05/09/05 Got CR-1 Visa (47 days @ Naples)

Total of 158 days

Lifting of Conditions I-751

04/02/07 Expressed mailed in I-130

04/03/07 I-751 received at 1:08pm and signed for by Paul E. Novak Jr. Center Director (day 1)

05/02/07 Check finally clears my bank - appears to have been processed on 4/30 by VSC (day 30)

05/04/07 Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification (day 32)

05/17/07 Received NOA1 dated 5/9/07(day 45)

05/18/07 Received ASC Appointment Notice dated 5/14/07 for June 1st (day 46)

06/01/07 Biometric Appointment today @ 2:00 (day 60)

06/03/07 "Touched" (day 62)

10/26/07 "Card Production Ordered" (217 days from the day the application received and 172 days from NOA1)

10/30/07 Touched again

10/31/07 Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence letter, signed by Paul E Novak Jr.

10/31/07 Touched again - if we get touched again does that count as harassment?

11/05/07 10 year green card arrives! (227 days)

US Citizen N-400

03/12/08 To be filed!

dev179pr___.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Blah Blah...so us men are pr*cks...heard it all before.

In case of this particular clown, I think you are right!

This is what you do and end this thread:

1st - Cancel the interview

2nd - Screw this guy over like he screwed you by notifying the USCIS that this clown seems to just want the visa.

That way he is red-flagged in case he tries to do it again to some other woman....and hopefully gets caught early in the process rather than almost to the Interview.

3rd - Get over it. It sucks all that work you did to get this far and have it end like this. Get drunk, don't sleep with a bar patron, and move on. All that you can do....end of story.

Good Luck!

Geez....you are *such* a beacon in the night.

What? I just saved her $$$$ by paraphrasing what a shrink would say....after this 8 page thread I summarized what everyone is saying just right...only I did it in a non-sentimental, direct fashion....i know...quite a concept. :thumbs:

Um.....yeah.....sure. :blink:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

haha I think drinking sounds good myself *cracks open a beer*

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm Catholic, and when we met he said he was Christian and open to becoming Catholic (I never demanded him to be Catholic.) I told him that I was not allowed to marry an unbaptized person, and he said he was not baptized and so looked into the classes at a local church to become baptized. Classes run September to Easter. About halfway through these classes, he stopped going. He missed 3 or 4 until they told him he could not move on. He didn't even sit down with the priest and discuss his situation. He just took what they said and left, disgruntled. Then he came and demanded to know whether I'd be marrying him WITHOUT the baptism. I thought that was answered at the start, did I miss something? This shows that he didn't really WANT to be baptized. And I'd told him how important it was. He said, "The visa is my number one priority, the baptism can wait." He decided this all by himself and informed me of it, and that was that.

I'm sorry about the trouble you're going through. My honest assessment is that you should seek counseling here on your own if you want to work at this relationship, or perhaps be prepared to truly end it.

On a side note - your spouse does not have to be baptized Catholic for you two to be married in the Church. My grandfather was not Catholic and my grandparents lived a long and happy marriage (he was Protestant, my grandmother was Catholic). Perhaps in this case he felt pressured into doing something that a person should really be freely doing for themselves and not for another?

I would definately break up with him. I know the visa process is hard on everyone but it's not an excuse to treat someone badly. I hope that if this doesn't work out that you find someone to love you and care for you as you should be. Good luck.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

enough info in the op to say - flush that ####### :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

This is your life and these are your choices...please choose wisely

Good luck.

-Lisa I agree with you, but your comment made me think of thisGrailKnight1.jpg

Oi ya cheeky cow...it's bad enuff that ya gotta burn me, but did you have to host the pic on my photobucket acct?

:ranting::devil:;)

Now THAT takes the biscuit! lol

Edited by LisaD

You didn't see the parts where he threatened to break up with me if the visa got denied?

- sounds like he is coming to u right..? maybe he wants u just till he gets the VISA.. :whistle:

and then he will leave u.. ´he needs some help.. :wacko:

i would BLOCK him on yahoo and msn.. :thumbs:

good luck

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

I'm late coming to this, but I just want to back up everyone else who told you that you did the right thing.

Honestly it doesn't matter what his side is or whether you are being reasonable or not (I think you are, fwiw). I see here a relationship that's fundamentally broken. You need to *get*the*heck*out*.

Good luck!

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I, too, am just reading this thread. PLEASE call to withdraw the petition. I can't think of any reason why someone you're supposed to be MARRYING would want to avoid speaking with you on a regular basis. That is a HUGE red flag to me. Sure, I know there are 2 sides to every story, but I really can't see any reason that would excuse him avoiding you, blocking you from IM, and telling you he can wait until he gets the visa to talk to you. I'm not even going to mention all of the other heinous things he's told you. This goes beyond the stress of the visa process, and is something entirely different. It sounds like he has a complete lack of respect for you, to be honest.

If he can manipulate you now from 5000 miles away, it'll be even easier once he is in the U.S. Find someone who actually looks forward to talking to you. Amed and I didn't have the money to rack up large phone bills, but during the visa process, from the time I moved back to the U.S. to the time he got his visa and arrived here, not a day went by in 7 months where we didn't at least talk for a minute to say "I love you." It was a natural urge. Some people aren't phone people, but I can't imagine actually avoiding my S.O. so as not to talk to him, unless we were in a fight.

Find someone whose goals are compatible with yours, and who, at the end of the day, will be EXCITED to talk to you and see how you're doing and to tell you he loves you.

Good luck!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

HE IS A COMPLETE ###### #######, AND IDIOT [...] AND THOSE ####### ARE AS*HOLE BY THE WAY

Wow - if those are the words you leave in, the mind boggles at what the removed words might be...

August 2004: we meet

June 2005: engaged!

March 2006: I-129F submitted ...

... May: case recalled for IMBRA compliance ...

... August: NVC sends case file to Mexico (WRONG COUNTRY!!) ...

... October: London refuses to process I-824 ...

... January 2007: interview - visa approved!

January 17: entry into US

January 26: married! woo-hoo! together forever!

January 29: submitted I-485, I-765, I-131

February 2: NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

February 7: SS number

February 20: I-485 transferred to California SC

February 21: biometrics for I-485, I-765

February 23: NOA for I-485: FBI can't process fingerprints; new biometrics appointment

March 10: biometrics#2 for I-485

March 14: NOA for I-485: FBI can't process fingerprints; new biometrics appointment

March 29: biometrics#3 for I-485

April 16: AP issued

April 18: EAD issued

August 23: NOA for I-485: new biometrics appointment

September 15: biometrics#4 for I-485