mcdull

Filing N400 online, anyone?

1,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was wondering if there is any order that is good to follow when uploading evidence?

Should it be like Tax returns

lease agreement

bank statements

rent receipts

bills

others ?

Also, if I already uploaded the tax transcripts in the field above that asks for it, do I have to upload again in evidence?

Also, someone told me not to apply while the ROC is pending, they are wrong right? As long as my 90 day window is open I assume I can go ahead?

Thanks!

Timeline
6 hours ago, destinychild1 said:

oh, mine seems to be messed up. It does not even delete documents and every 6th document I try to enter shows an error message that USCIS website is temporarily unavailable. However, it ends up reuploading the first 5 documents. I do not want to delete the draft and populate all fields all over again. Am I doing something wrong? I am using Google chrome browser.

Try log out and closer and open again your browser and log in again.

If doesn't work try refreshing and click on a different part of the application, chances are when you click back later to the previous it will be back to normal.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
26 minutes ago, bahamamama234 said:

Also, someone told me not to apply while the ROC is pending, they are wrong right? As long as my 90 day window is open I assume I can go ahead?

Thanks!

That's what we've been hearing, and also reading somewhere in the field manual. So we did. But my wife got turned away from her N-400 interview today (Chicago) because ROC is still pending, so we're not exactly sure what's going on. That said, many people have reported success, and it's certainly within your rights to file! :-)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AK_2014 said:

That's what we've been hearing, and also reading somewhere in the field manual. So we did. But my wife got turned away from her N-400 interview today (Chicago) because ROC is still pending, so we're not exactly sure what's going on. That said, many people have reported success, and it's certainly within your rights to file! :-)

:o I am so sorry to hear that, this is madness... Also very weird since we see so many people that got approved already, I was assuming their ROC still was pending also.....

Anyone here that has more info about this? Did you guys that got approved had ROC pending? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

I was wondering if there is any order that is good to follow when uploading evidence?

There's no order you need to follow.

Also, if I already uploaded the tax transcripts in the field above that asks for it, do I have to upload again in evidence?

No.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline

Anyone here that has more info about this? Did you guys that got approved had ROC pending?

My ROC was not pending when I applied for the N400.  

I'm surprised that @AK_2014 got turned away as well, as it isn't their fault that USCIS was taking so long to approve the ROC, and in my opinion, the IO was wrong in their case---but again all of the IOs are subjective.

@AK_2014 when you say your wife "got turned away", do you mean that they wouldn't conduct the interview at all, or they did the N400 interview but denied her in the end?  If they wouldn't conduct the interview at all---AND you received an interview letter for the N400 specifically, I would (if I were you) head down back to the field office in person with your wife and ask to speak to a Supervisor and explain what happened when you showed up.  With the best of luck, they may reschedule her interview....

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
3 hours ago, Going through said:

I'm surprised that @AK_2014 got turned away as well, as it isn't their fault that USCIS was taking so long to approve the ROC, and in my opinion, the IO was wrong in their case---but again all of the IOs are subjective.

@AK_2014 when you say your wife "got turned away", do you mean that they wouldn't conduct the interview at all, or they did the N400 interview but denied her in the end?  If they wouldn't conduct the interview at all---AND you received an interview letter for the N400 specifically, I would (if I were you) head down back to the field office in person with your wife and ask to speak to a Supervisor and explain what happened when you showed up.  With the best of luck, they may reschedule her interview....

We were pretty surprised, too. "Turned away" as in no interview conducted whatsoever. The officer apparently said she was going to go talk with the supervisor and have her file sent downstairs (presumably to ROC something?), but I'm hearing this secondhand and didn't get to talk with the officer to ask questions myself. That's a good idea about speaking with a supervisor—how does one do that, @Going through? Via InfoPass?

Edited by AK_2014

Timeline
Just now, AK_2014 said:

We were pretty surprised, too. "Turned away" as in no interview conducted whatsoever. The officer apparently said she was going to go talk with the supervisor and have her file sent downstairs (presumably to ROC something?), but I'm hearing this secondhand and didn't get to talk with the officer to ask questions myself. That's a good idea about speaking with a supervisor—how does one do that? Via InfoPass?

Since the interview was supposed to have taken place only yesterday---I would suggest going in person if you can to the field office with the original interview letter (if you still have it, or a copy in your possession).  Ask to speak to the field office supervisor (on the same floor/area where your wife was to be interviewed).

If that doesn't work/you don't want to do that---I'd do an emergency walk-in for the infopass and state it's an emergency because you were refused the opportunity for the interview despite showing up WITH the interview letter ON the interview date.  I wouldn't bother with trying to get an appointment, but I'm the type that's up for any gamble...

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Going through said:

Since the interview was supposed to have taken place only yesterday---I would suggest going in person if you can to the field office with the original interview letter (if you still have it, or a copy in your possession).  Ask to speak to the field office supervisor (on the same floor/area where your wife was to be interviewed).

If that doesn't work/you don't want to do that---I'd do an emergency walk-in for the infopass and state it's an emergency because you were refused the opportunity for the interview despite showing up WITH the interview letter ON the interview date.  I wouldn't bother with trying to get an appointment, but I'm the type that's up for any gamble...

OK. She's out of town on a work trip (for which we had had to change the outgoing flight because of the scheduled interview... aargh...) but I'll ask her if she wants to try this on Monday. Thanks for the suggestion!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 11/2/2017 at 10:02 AM, destinychild1 said:

Is there any limitation to number of documents that can be uploaded to support marriage evidence for online filling of n400? System does not let me upload more than 5 documents. Please advice. 

I know you have already applied as I have seen your entry in the November 2017 Filers thread, however, I'm going to write this anyway, hoping it's going to help whoever needs to file next.

The 5 document limit can be circumvented by simply uploading the 5 documents, and then scrolling back up and clicking once again on "evidence". It'll reset the limit and make you upload other documents as needed. I uploaded plenty of documents doing just that, all in one session, and didn't end up with any duplicates whatsoever.

I must admit, the process is weird, but once one understands that can be done, it doesn't create any issues.

Hope this helps!

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nikkosan said:

I know you have already applied as I have seen your entry in the November 2017 Filers thread, however, I'm going to write this anyway, hoping it's going to help whoever needs to file next.

The 5 document limit can be circumvented by simply uploading the 5 documents, and then scrolling back up and clicking once again on "evidence". It'll reset the limit and make you upload other documents as needed. I uploaded plenty of documents doing just that, all in one session, and didn't end up with any duplicates whatsoever.

I must admit, the process is weird, but once one understands that can be done, it doesn't create any issues.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Nikkosan :)

I ended up deleting the draft and refiling the entire form all over again. Still the issue continued. Finally I submitted just with 10 documents as system did not allow me to upload more documents.

However, I was able to upload additional 30 documents after filling & payment completion. There is a provision on home page that lets you upload unlimited number of documents.

15 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

:o I am so sorry to hear that, this is madness... Also very weird since we see so many people that got approved already, I was assuming their ROC still was pending also.....

My N400 got approved last week at Dallas FO after doing combo interview N400 and I 751. You can read about my experience on the link on my signature.  I heard some people got approved also with their I 751 pending.

Sorry @AK_2014 about your wife's experience. Hope she gets her I 751 interview scheduled soon!

Conditional GC expired : 10/18/16

I751 journey - CSC

09/12/16 : package received

10/11/16: Biometrics

07/28/17: I551 stamp on passport expired 07/27/18

10/25/17: Combined interview N 400 and I 751. I751 approved on the spot. Read the I 751 interview Here.

N400 journey : Dallas Field Office

07/26/17 : applied online, got NOA online, CC charged

07/28/17 : biometrics scheduled online

08/01/17: NOA received on the mail

08/02/17 : biometrics online PDF posted

08/05/17 : biometrics letter received on the mail

08/15/17 : biometrics done

08/19/17 : Online MYUSCIS and ELLIS posted interview scheduled and will mail interview letter

09/20/17: received text messages and emails that interview has been scheduled

09/22/17: Interview PDF posted online on MYUSCIS

09/27/17: Interview Letter received on the mail

10/25/17: Interview Date...Passed the test and case recommended for approval . Read the N400 and I 751 interview here.

10/25/17: In line for Oath Scheduling

10/27/17: Online MYUSCIS and ELLIS posted oath ceremony scheduled

10/30/17: Oath ceremony PDF posted online for 11/20/17

11/20/17: I am a citizen of The United States of America!!!:D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
57 minutes ago, destinychild1 said:

Thanks Nikkosan :)

I ended up deleting the draft and refiling the entire form all over again. Still the issue continued. Finally I submitted just with 10 documents as system did not allow me to upload more documents.

However, I was able to upload additional 30 documents after filling & payment completion. There is a provision on home page that lets you upload unlimited number of documents.

So sorry to hear that, destinychild1!

It is such a time consuming process; I got a headache as a result yesterday morning! LOL

Glad you got it sorted out at the end.

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Hello all, I have a non-conditional GC after getting to the 5 year mark and I am in the process of filing for N-400. I had started an application in September but I needed more information before I could proceed. I logged in after 30 days and I did not find the form as expected since after 30 days forms are cleared. However I could also not find a way to submit a new N-400 application. I registered a new separate account to check if it was an issue with my account and I run into the same problem at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

The only options I find are: File an I-90, Verify My Identify, Add a representative and track a case. Is it possible that N-400 is no longer available for online filing? Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening? I do see that others being able to file so this is a bit odd, perhaps I am not doing something correctly. Thanks.

Edited by Mike1011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike1011 said:

Hello all, I have a non-conditional GC after getting to the 5 year mark and I am in the process of filing for N-400. I had started an application in September but I needed more information before I could proceed. I logged in after 30 days and I did not find the form as expected since after 30 days forms are cleared. However I could also not find a way to submit a new N-400 application. I registered a new separate account to check if it was an issue with my account and I run into the same problem at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

The only options I find are: File an I-90, Verify My Identify, Add a representative and track a case. Is it possible that N-400 is no longer available for online filing? Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening? I do see that others being able to file so this is a bit odd, perhaps I am not doing something correctly. Thanks.

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_citizen_through_naturalization#benefit-related-content-2 try this link  ...good luck 

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.