Desertrose9

Why did my fiances case got sent back to USCIS after his interview in Kabul?

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 8/1/2017 at 3:33 PM, Unidentified said:

So you only met twice during the process? Afghanistan is a MENA country which means it is considered a high fraud country and two visits is not going to be enough for them. You need to prove to them that you really are a couple and two visits will not do that. Their opinion of your relationship is not going to change unless you guys spend more time together. 

i already went to see him twice in one yesr and both times stayed over a month i thought if i go this time to his homeland county Kabul( not india)meet his family spend a month or so there do a small legal ceremony etc, file the cr1- then spend a couple more months with him so this way when its

his time for interview they will see the physical timeline of the relationship perhaps i can go back a final time and wait for him otaide the interview like many spouses did... 

also another very expensive jewish lawyer whose speciality is cases in Kabul also asvised me to get married but hes charging $3800! Just for his legal fees becauss hes gonna "prepare" my fiance what to say during the interview and on top of that he said minimum 2 years it will take because my case is now complicated etc.. i think thats bullshit 

Because its not like a criminal case "to prepare us" the facts pics and evidence speaks for itself if any relationship is honest that will show in time and truth shall always prevail. 

What do you think about this plan?

Timeline

So you only met twice during the process? Afghanistan is a MENA country which means it is considered a high fraud country and two visits is not going to be enough for them. You need to prove to them that you really are a couple and two visits will not do that. Their opinion of your relationship is not going to change unless you guys spend more time together. 

Ok but By the way i had many female friends like myself- from afg that sponsored their fiances/husband from kabul and nothing went wrong she went only once to see him and got married so i think mainly we had a stupid mean and a nasty female officer who interviewed him from the beginning.. i think its also a matter of luck when it comes to the interviewer.. 

Timeline

Okay but i have female friends like myself who sponspored their fiances/husbands that lives in kabul and had no problems she went just once to get married she ddint do multiple visits.. also i really think its a matter of luck when it comes to the interviewer- we had a reallt nasty mean and attacked him from the beginning..

p.s do you think this is a good plan?

I went to see him twice in one yesr and both times stayed over a month i thought if i go this time to his homeland county Kabul( not india)meet his family spend a month or so there do a small legal ceremony etc, file the cr1- then spend a couple more months with him so this way when its

his time for interview they will see the physical timeline of the relationship perhaps i can go back a final time and wait for him otaide the interview like many spouses did... 

also another very expensive jewish lawyer whose speciality is cases in Kabul also asvised me to get married but hes charging $3800! Just for his legal fees becauss hes gonna "prepare" my fiance what to say during the interview and on top of that he said minimum 2 years it will take because my case is now complicated etc.. i think thats bullshit 

Because its not like a criminal case "to prepare us" the facts pics and evidence speaks for itself if any relationship is honest that will show in time and truth shall always prevail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Desertrose9 said:

Okay but i have female friends like myself who sponspored their fiances/husbands that lives in kabul and had no problems she went just once to get married she ddint do multiple visits.. also i really think its a matter of luck when it comes to the interviewer- we had a reallt nasty mean and attacked him from the beginning..

p.s do you think this is a good plan?

I went to see him twice in one yesr and both times stayed over a month i thought if i go this time to his homeland county Kabul( not india)meet his family spend a month or so there do a small legal ceremony etc, file the cr1- then spend a couple more months with him so this way when its

Because its not like a criminal case "to prepare us" the facts pics and evidence speaks for itself if any relationship is honest that will show in time and truth shall always prevail

A lawyer is a waste of time and money.... Nobody can "prepare you" and more sufficiently that what you will need if you have a true relationship. My question is, you had two month long visits and never met any of his family, why is that? I definitely think marriage, and then another month long visit and going during the interview time will help. It is definitely a good idea to have a strong front loaded petition with lots of relationship evidence to overcome their presumption that it wasn't a "true relationship". Good luck and best wishes 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Don't waste your money on a lawyer who was not present at the interview and who doesn't know your relationship as well as you do.
Not having met his family is probably another reason they refused the visa.
What exactly....and I mean exactly....word for word were the questions and the answers in the interview ?
You don't have to answer here but prepare him to focus on what the CO was harping on the last time.
Drill him on that even though you likely already have,do it again.

Other than that your plan seems reasonably sound and with the future visits and more relationship evidence you should get approved.
Take a lot of pics with the family and from the wedding.
BE THERE on the premises for the interview and have him tell the CO immediately that you are waiting outside and would love to be part
of the interview if allowed.
Best wishes, took us 5 years with a returned K1 but he is here now. Just count on some AP time after the next interview.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

2 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Just count on some AP time after the next interview.

This is definitely worth re-posting!  I would add, make sure you send the copies of your Afghan flight, hotel receipts and Afghan visa pages and Afghan entry stamps in your next petition.  If you visit more than once, include a separate page of "Afghan Visit Timeline" that just provides dates and descriptions.  These will make more sense and will match your documents.

Signature coming soon...

On 6/11/2017 at 5:52 PM, Desertrose9 said:

Thank you so much! This sounds great too. My only concern is if i go to Kabul lets say in the next month and get married there then apply for cr1, how could i be sure what the problem of refusal was for my k1 so i wont  get refused again many people here are saying dont start another case and have it being denied again. 

Also ive not mentioned another reason could be that my mother also hired the same lawyer she did a k1 as well

she met her fiance there with me and she got a divorce from my father and shortly applied for her fiance as well-

maybe they think this is a hoax and Raised concerns,? In short we all met our lovers but i swear on anything its legitimate! My mothers fiances interview was two days betore mine..She actually was speaking to her lover a year before mine, 

ahain i have to know the reason im so

sad

I might have missed this details, but did your mom's fiancé/lover get approved, or is she in the same predicament as you are? Do both of your lovers know each other?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

I might have missed this details, but did your mom's fiancé/lover get approved, or is she in the same predicament as you are? Do both of your lovers know each other?

That is probably one of the biggest red flags and OP needs to address the details to the CO at the next interview. If the 2 men know each other and if her mother's
fiance introduced OP to her now fiance then that would be looked at as a scam, add the mom's quick divorce and K1 filing to that and it takes a lot to overcome it all.
It would help a bit if the mother's fiance was approved. Even more reason to get more visits in and face time with the fiance.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline
On 8/2/2017 at 6:42 PM, Maria1989 said:

A lawyer is a waste of time and money.... Nobody can "prepare you" and more sufficiently that what you will need if you have a true relationship. My question is, you had two month long visits and never met any of his family, why is that? I definitely think marriage, and then another month long visit and going during the interview time will help. It is definitely a good idea to have a strong front loaded petition with lots of relationship evidence to overcome their presumption that it wasn't a "true relationship". Good luck and best wishes 

Thanks for your advice so first the reason why i didn't meet his parents is because we met in India not in Kabul because my mother was frightened for my life since I was raised in America and left Kabul 27 years ago so it was for my own well-being that we met and a safe country etc.

now are you saying i should go there get married stay a month or so then come back apply? Because what i wanted to do was marry him there meet his family and meanwhile while im with him for 1 month apply for cr1? I have a friend that i can send my e signature and copies of the application via mail and he can mail uscis the paper work this being so i dont have to come back and forth and save time what do you think? 

Timeline
On 8/2/2017 at 8:24 PM, Ebunoluwa said:

Don't waste your money on a lawyer who was not present at the interview and who doesn't know your relationship as well as you do.
Not having met his family is probably another reason they refused the visa.
What exactly....and I mean exactly....word for word were the questions and the answers in the interview ?
You don't have to answer here but prepare him to focus on what the CO was harping on the last time.
Drill him on that even though you likely already have,do it again.

Other than that your plan seems reasonably sound and with the future visits and more relationship evidence you should get approved.
Take a lot of pics with the family and from the wedding.
BE THERE on the premises for the interview and have him tell the CO immediately that you are waiting outside and would love to be part
of the interview if allowed.
Best wishes, took us 5 years with a returned K1 but he is here now. Just count on some AP time after the next interview.

Wow thats insane why did yours take 5 years??! And which country

btw thanks for always answering helping and being patient i reuly appreciate it

Timeline
On 8/2/2017 at 8:53 PM, Lemonslice said:

Yes our fiances both know each other because my mother and i met them in india and we all stayed in the guest house  but our fiances live in Kabul however they dont stay in contact etc.. my mothers case also got returned and on the same

boat as i about relationship concerns 

Timeline
On 8/2/2017 at 10:09 PM, Ebunoluwa said:

That is probably one of the biggest red flags and OP needs to address the details to the CO at the next interview. If the 2 men know each other and if her mother's
fiance introduced OP to her now fiance then that would be looked at as a scam, add the mom's quick divorce and K1 filing to that and it takes a lot to overcome it all.
It would help a bit if the mother's fiance was approved. Even more reason to get more visits in and face time with the fiance.

Please tell me What details do they have to adreas in the. Next interview? They never mentioned that they know each other to the officer. But there were some pics during the interview that showed all of us( my mother her love and mine) in the pics so i dont know i  that  would tighten the evidence and whatnot 

2 hours ago, Desertrose9 said:

Please tell me What details do they have to adreas in the. Next interview? They never mentioned that they know each other to the officer. But there were some pics during the interview that showed all of us( my mother her love and mine) in the pics so i dont know i  that  would tighten the evidence and whatnot 

Yeah... As an outsider, it looks like you ladies meet at pair of scammers.  Did you all meet on the same website? How did they get to travel together to India? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Desertrose9 said:

It all depends on what was asked consistently and harped on during the interview. You and your fiance must have an insight and awareness
on how to approach the layout of your relationship evidence and what to say at the next interview. As an outsider it is hard to guide you in this
matter. Obviously always tell the truth. Knowing every word that was spoken in the interview will get you to an awareness on how to proceed.

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
15 hours ago, Desertrose9 said:

Thanks for your advice so first the reason why i didn't meet his parents is because we met in India not in Kabul because my mother was frightened for my life since I was raised in America and left Kabul 27 years ago so it was for my own well-being that we met and a safe country etc.

now are you saying i should go there get married stay a month or so then come back apply? Because what i wanted to do was marry him there meet his family and meanwhile while im with him for 1 month apply for cr1? I have a friend that i can send my e signature and copies of the application via mail and he can mail uscis the paper work this being so i dont have to come back and forth and save time what do you think? 

You need to very precise with a second petition. Address everything that may have been of concern to the officer. To be honest, it is very odd for a mother and a daughter to both file fiance petitions at the same time for two males who know each other. Although they didnt mention it, any prudent officer could have put one and one together.   I know you dont want to "lose a month" by filing the petition when you return by you can not e-sign any document, it has to be original signatures. Next, you really need to make sure you address the reasons why thw K-1 was denied, you really need to talk to him. Further, any other glaring issues, age differences, cultural differences, what does he do for a living? 

What does your mom plan to do, I really think that the petitions now are "connected", meaning they know you and your mom are petitioning for men that know each other. If you dont mind me asking how oldnis your mom, and her fiance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.