stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Multiple days lost today on the expected timing. This weekend I am going to check the stats on total number of filings in March through June.

I believe June had less filings overall so when they get to our months they should get through things quicker I hope. That's from a preliminary look but I would verify when i have time. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

4 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Multiple days lost today on the expected timing. This weekend I am going to check the stats on total number of filings in March through June.

I believe June had less filings overall so when they get to our months they should get through things quicker I hope. That's from a preliminary look but I would verify when i have time. 

My timeline says four months before adjudication. 😔 Noa1 recieved on jun 6th.

Edited by qqq

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

While this is interesting to know--I would caution against drawing any conclusions from the data. There seems to be little hope to understand how USCIS works. We have seen that they do not process items in order. We have seen that they can arbitrarily decide to prioritize the interests of foreign companies (the H1B prioritization) over U.S. Citizen's requests, who knows what else could happen. I was incredibly hopeful when I started this until USCIS crushed my hopes with their changed prioritization--why should we suffer due to an accident of timing?!?!? Then I got mad that had I filed a year ago, I'd have had NOA2 in hand in less than 65 days. Then I got scared at Trump's xenophobic rhetoric designed to fire up the base. 

Now, I'm just resigned to the opaque, unpredictable, and arbitrary nature of this process. Mentally, I'm filing this as a completely inscrutable and unknowable process with zero visibility or predictability. Depressing? Yes, but the only pragmatic way I can deal with it. As a consultant that automates and increases the efficiency of processes like these, it is incredibly painful to see how poorly executed this one is.

Hey All, 

I mailed my K-1 application on June 19th and it was received and accepted on June 26th. It was then routed to the California Service Center (CSC). I received a receipt in the mail a few days later.

I was checking processing times for the CSC. In early July it said they were working on applications up to February 15th, 2017. Then I checked again in August and the date was back to January 1st, 2017. I thought that was strange. They must be back logged or implementing new procedures. 

14 minutes ago, Saadrick Lamar said:

Hey All, 

I mailed my K-1 application on June 19th and it was received and accepted on June 26th. It was then routed to the California Service Center (CSC). I received a receipt in the mail a few days later.

I was checking processing times for the CSC. In early July it said they were working on applications up to February 15th, 2017. Then I checked again in August and the date was back to January 1st, 2017. I thought that was strange. They must be back logged or implementing new procedures. 

Don't try to use any type of logic to figure out what is going on.  Just sit back and enjoy the ride.  Every day that passes is another day closer to the goal.  There are April filers getting approved everyday so don't look at those dates as gospel.  There are also February filers waiting so there is no rhyme of reason.   

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, DandY said:

While this is interesting to know--I would caution against drawing any conclusions from the data. There seems to be little hope to understand how USCIS works. We have seen that they do not process items in order. We have seen that they can arbitrarily decide to prioritize the interests of foreign companies (the H1B prioritization) over U.S. Citizen's requests, who knows what else could happen. I was incredibly hopeful when I started this until USCIS crushed my hopes with their changed prioritization--why should we suffer due to an accident of timing?!?!? Then I got mad that had I filed a year ago, I'd have had NOA2 in hand in less than 65 days. Then I got scared at Trump's xenophobic rhetoric designed to fire up the base. 

Now, I'm just resigned to the opaque, unpredictable, and arbitrary nature of this process. Mentally, I'm filing this as a completely inscrutable and unknowable process with zero visibility or predictability. Depressing? Yes, but the only pragmatic way I can deal with it. As a consultant that automates and increases the efficiency of processes like these, it is incredibly painful to see how poorly executed this one is.

Regrettably I know that is the case, I am trying to nail down a better approximation of the date however there are just too many variables for me to come up with a reliable figure. Of course I still won't be able to help myself and I will go ahead with the analysis, just to come up with another date to stare at. 

I am also very displeased with the information (or lack thereof) related to my request to expedite. I do know the odds are slim, however I find it maddening that the USCIS website tells me that on August 8th my request to expedite was completed and I am unsure if that means with a "yes" or "no" and the call center was unable to provide me any clarity as it "isn't in the system" for 30 days. I am instructed to "hope" some hard copy mail arrives with clarity.

I am left to conclude that some combination of process inefficiencies, poor staffing, summer holidays, mandates driven by political issues or some combination of the above are a significant portion of this delay. Not the actual petition review and checks that need to be completed. 

/vent

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
8 hours ago, George & Roth said:

Regrettably I know that is the case, I am trying to nail down a better approximation of the date however there are just too many variables for me to come up with a reliable figure. Of course I still won't be able to help myself and I will go ahead with the analysis, just to come up with another date to stare at. 

I am also very displeased with the information (or lack thereof) related to my request to expedite. I do know the odds are slim, however I find it maddening that the USCIS website tells me that on August 8th my request to expedite was completed and I am unsure if that means with a "yes" or "no" and the call center was unable to provide me any clarity as it "isn't in the system" for 30 days. I am instructed to "hope" some hard copy mail arrives with clarity.

I am left to conclude that some combination of process inefficiencies, poor staffing, summer holidays, mandates driven by political issues or some combination of the above are a significant portion of this delay. Not the actual petition review and checks that need to be completed. 

/vent

You should get a letter sometime within a week or so if it was completed on the 8th. There is also an email I would try:

CSC-NSC-FollowUp@uscis.dhs.gov

Send them an email with your case number and expedite request number as well. They should reply to you moderately promptly (for them at least...)

Timeline
30 minutes ago, useful89 said:

You should get a letter sometime within a week or so if it was completed on the 8th. There is also an email I would try:

CSC-NSC-FollowUp@uscis.dhs.gov

Send them an email with your case number and expedite request number as well. They should reply to you moderately promptly (for them at least...)

Thats great, thanks

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline

I am trying not to get stress with the days we are losing, but my fiance is in the military and they are most likely to get only Christmas leave, so we are planning to get married by that time since we dont know when he can get leave again, and he doesnt have a control over that. We are planning to do a kinda big wedding with family and friends, but its hard to have anything concrete with this waiting time getting longer. I also want to try to get my mom a visa so she can go to the wedding. I thought it will be better to apply once I pass mine, but we dont even know if we will have time for that. Does anyone think we will qualify for the expedite? I did call USCIS yesterday, but they said they can only talk to the petitioner, but my fiance is underway, and going through all this without him is just very stressful! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Elaine282017 said:

I am trying not to get stress with the days we are losing, but my fiance is in the military and they are most likely to get only Christmas leave, so we are planning to get married by that time since we dont know when he can get leave again, and he doesnt have a control over that. We are planning to do a kinda big wedding with family and friends, but its hard to have anything concrete with this waiting time getting longer. I also want to try to get my mom a visa so she can go to the wedding. I thought it will be better to apply once I pass mine, but we dont even know if we will have time for that. Does anyone think we will qualify for the expedite? I did call USCIS yesterday, but they said they can only talk to the petitioner, but my fiance is underway, and going through all this without him is just very stressful! 

I might be wrong but maybe your fiance can expedite it? Because he's active military? 

5 hours ago, Elaine282017 said:

I would start to try to expedite as soon as possible.  I wish you the best of luck but the December 28 wedding is really aggressive without expediting.  As is stands we are both looking at late October NOA2s (we have about the same timeline).  Then 4 to 6 weeks for NVC.  After that 6 to 8 weeks for the interview followed by 10 days waiting for the visa to be delivered.  I was hoping for my asawa's first white Christmas and now I am more realistically looking at February as the point I can bring them here.  Please have him try to expedite as soon as possible.  I pray that you meet your expectations.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

I would start to try to expedite as soon as possible.  I wish you the best of luck but the December 28 wedding is really aggressive without expediting.  As is stands we are both looking at late October NOA2s (we have about the same timeline).  Then 4 to 6 weeks for NVC.  After that 6 to 8 weeks for the interview followed by 10 days waiting for the visa to be delivered.  I was hoping for my asawa's first white Christmas and now I am more realistically looking at February as the point I can bring them here.  Please have him try to expedite as soon as possible.  I pray that you meet your expectations.  

The thing is he is underway, he can't talk to them yet. He is a submarine officer and I have no clue when he is coming back. I really need God and some kind of miracle. Thank you! 

24 minutes ago, Elaine282017 said:

The thing is he is underway, he can't talk to them yet. He is a submarine officer and I have no clue when he is coming back. I really need God and some kind of miracle. Thank you! 

That is tough!!!  Does he have any family that can reach out to USCIS?  Maybe some Navy officer that can try to expedite for him.  I can't imagine there is no way to do this for a man in his situation.  My father was a WWII Torpedoman First Class.  He has passed but we still have some contacts we met at Navy veteran submariner events.  I can try to reach out to see if they have any thoughts.  Never give up!  This journey may be difficult but the reward at the end makes it all worthwhile.

IMG_5168.jpeg

10 hours ago, Elaine282017 said:

Let me address your concerns.

A K-1 Visa is 6 to 9 months and your application will not be expedited for the reasons you posted.  Here is a link to those that are valid 

Note: Travel for the purpose of attending weddings and graduation ceremonies, assisting pregnant relatives, participating in an annual business/academic/professional conference, or enjoying last-minute tourism does not qualify for expedited appointments. For such travel, please schedule a regular visa appointment well in advance.

https://de.usembassy.gov/visas/obtaining-an-expedited-non-immigrant-visa-niv-appointment/

You maybe should have considered getting married in the Phil when he was on his last leave. Then you could have applied for a spousal visa and once approved you could have traveled to the US while he is still deployed. That is if you had a place to stay either yours or a relative. Once married you will have gotten allowances through the military for health insurance and off base per diem for your expenses.  Also, a GC is sooner than later.

For your mother: Your mother will have to prove to the satisfaction of the US consular official at the interviewing US embassy/consulate, that she has significant ties to the Phils. such that she would return to the Phils. after her US visit is completed. Such ties could include, property, house ownership, current stable employment, etc. Each visitor visa applicant is presumed to have immigration intent, and must prove that they are not trying to immigrate to the US. A letter from a doctor, any documents from you, or any other invitation-type letter would likely have no positive effect on the visitor visa approval.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

In addition to above here are a few links that may help get you started. Keep in mind they are old but I don't think the process has changed much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=military+and+expediting+a+visa+site:www.visajourney.com&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS739US740&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ4vXX_M_VAhUHxoMKHcu4DVkQrQIIOigEMAA&biw=1360&bih=638

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.