1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
8 hours ago, GabiMatch said:

Hey guys I have a doubt...my status changed to card being produced on EAD but nothing changed about AP, does that mean that I won't get AP? Did anyone that got "Combo Cards" have been in the same situation or both status changed before card was mailed?

Thank you in advance.

I had the same question about EAD/AP combo card a few days ago, because  my EAD status changed and AP didn't .  I think it should work for us this way : "Since you applied for an EAD and advance parole, your EAD card would have a statement that says, "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE" meaning you received a Combo EAD/AP card. Your AP has most likely been approved as well. "

Good luck! :) 

Edited by Evara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Evara said:

I had the same question about EAD/AP combo card a few days ago, because  my EAD status changed and AP didn't .  I think it should work for us this way : "Since you applied for an EAD and advance parole, your EAD card would have a statement that says, "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE" meaning you received a Combo EAD/AP card. Your AP has most likely been approved as well. "

Good luck! :) 

Thank you for quoting my advise to another VJ member. 😊 It is an opinion based on the accounts of others I have talked to though it should not be taken as a serious or legal advice. 

USCIS doesn't always do a good job of being consistent with online updates. If they produced and approbed your EAD card, they most likely marked it for AP as well. Good luck everyone!

Filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 at Chicago, IL

Field Office - San Jose, CA

Married - 01/28/17 

PD - 05/31/17

NOA1 (I-485, I-130, I-765) - 06/09/17 (Receipts start with MSC)

Biometrics - 06/27/17

"Interview Ready to be Scheduled" - 08/14/17

"Interview Scheduled" - 09/12/17

Interview NOA - 09/15/17

Interview Date - 10/13/17

EAD "Card in Production" - 09/19/17 (112 Days)

EAD "Case Approved" - 09/20/17

EAD "Card Mailed" - 09/21/17

EAD Approval Letter Received - 09/23/17

EAD Received - 09/25/17

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Texasfiler said:

Congrats!:)

Thank you! :)

My EAD card is on its way and,  according to USPS, expected to be delivered on this Saturday. Yay!

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, rulix said:

My EAD card is on its way and,  according to USPS, expected to be delivered on this Saturday. Yay!

I am happy for you, now you can start send out job application - working will take our mind off GC for awhile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
44 minutes ago, rulix said:

Did you expedite your EAD or it was the normal process?

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
1 minute ago, T_P said:

Did you expedite your EAD or it was the normal process?

The only thing I did is I have raised an SR. But my SR "is currently not assigned for processing". So, I don't know if raising SR was of any help.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, GabiMatch said:

Hi guys I'm sorry that I didn't post it yesterday, but here it is!

I got another update on my EAD yesterday afternoon and the card was mailed to me! I'm currently waiting for a USCIS call where I hope to get the tracking # of my letter...I'm beyond excited!!!

I'll update my timeline ### soon as I get it on my hands ;)

59ce3fe55d8cd_ScreenShot2017-09-28at10_03_58PM.thumb.png.000532278bb082eb8c598af1b2ecc675.png

Congrats dear.

I want to use this opportunity to thank you for the value you have add to this group. You are one of the people that always answer questions and interact to keep the group alive. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Beciee said:

Congrats dear.

I want to use this opportunity to thank you for the value you have add to this group. You are one of the people that always answer questions and interact to keep the group alive. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

She sure is!!!!!! Thanks Gabi!!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I also got another update on my EAD case and the "Card was mailed to me"  :dance:

I didn't receive any mail/text in that matter - just online status update. 

AOS Timeline

06/12: I-485, I-765, I-131 sent through USPS

06/15 : NOA1 SMS and email notification for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

06/19: NOA1 I-797 for I-485, I-765 and I-131 received by mail

06/23: I-797C appointment notice for biometrics received by mail

07/10: Biometrics appointment

08/01: online update for I-485 to : "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview"

09/26EAD Status Change to New Card is Being Produced 

09/29: EAD Status Change to My Card Was Mailed To Me 

Timeline

Received my EAD card in the mail today. Yay!

6/12/17 - Sent AOS packet

6/14/17 - Packet received/signed for

7/02/17 - E-mails and texts received

7/10/17 - NOA1s in mail

7/19/17 - RFE received

7/28/17 - Response to RFE received by USCIS

9/19/17 - Raised EAD SR

9/25/17 - EAD Status update:  Card/ Document Production

9/27/17 - EAD Status update: Card Was Mailed To Me

9/29/17 - Received EAD card in the mail

10 hours ago, GabiMatch said:

Hi guys I'm sorry that I didn't post it yesterday, but here it is!

I got another update on my EAD yesterday afternoon and the card was mailed to me! I'm currently waiting for a USCIS call where I hope to get the tracking # of my letter...I'm beyond excited!!!

I'll update my timeline ### soon as I get it on my hands ;)

59ce3fe55d8cd_ScreenShot2017-09-28at10_03_58PM.thumb.png.000532278bb082eb8c598af1b2ecc675.png

12 minutes ago, Evara said:

I also got another update on my EAD case and the "Card was mailed to me"  :dance:

I didn't receive any mail/text in that matter - just online status update. 

AOS Timeline

06/12: I-485, I-765, I-131 sent through USPS

06/15 : NOA1 SMS and email notification for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

06/19: NOA1 I-797 for I-485, I-765 and I-131 received by mail

06/23: I-797C appointment notice for biometrics received by mail

07/10: Biometrics appointment

08/01: online update for I-485 to : "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview"

09/26EAD Status Change to New Card is Being Produced 

09/29: EAD Status Change to My Card Was Mailed To Me 

3 minutes ago, rulix said:

Received my EAD card in the mail today. Yay!

6/12/17 - Sent AOS packet

6/14/17 - Packet received/signed for

7/02/17 - E-mails and texts received

7/10/17 - NOA1s in mail

7/19/17 - RFE received

7/28/17 - Response to RFE received by USCIS

9/19/17 - Raised EAD SR

9/25/17 - EAD Status update:  Card/ Document Production

9/27/17 - EAD Status update: Card Was Mailed To Me

9/29/17 - Received EAD card in the mail

Congratulations all! Seems like things are moving along now!

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Today I had my interview with my husband and we got approved on the spot!:)

We had our interview at 8:55am in San Bernardino Filed Office, but we got called by around 9:20am.

The officer is a very nice and professional man.

We first took the oath and the officer assigned us the seats.

Then he letted us to show our ID (my husband's passport + driver license, my passport + work permit + driving instruction permit).

I feel like other than identity verification, an another important thing the officer was looking for is our current address on them.

Then He took the picture again for me, I though it should be a very important picture so I just asked him if I can smile, he said yes. And I just gave the camera a big smile:).

Then he asked us how we met? is this our first marriage? do we have kids? How long time we were dating each other before marriage?

In the same time he checked carefully our paperwork and signed or did a mark on different pages.

Then He asked us if we have any evidences to add? And we just put everything we had on the table (Originals + Copies): Joint names Bank Statements, Joint names Health Insurance card + medical bills, Joint car insurances, our photos of marriage, travels, families (but he didn't take any of our photos because he said we already submitted some in our original application package).

And then some questions in i-485: have you ever committed any crimes in the US? deportations? communists? No No No.

Then he just went out of the office to make the copies of our IDs. 

When he came back, he took a hole on my work permit and gave me the approval letter and said congratulations and I was approved to be a permanent resident here!:)

I am happy and my husband was tearful at that time! lol after the interview he told me that the moment that he saw the the officer stamped approved on our paperwork, he was full of emotions. Finally we can book our flights for our next year travel in China!:)

In 4pm the same day of my interview, the online status changed to "new card is being produced":)

My personal feelings:

The whole process was smooth and professional. Maybe our case is relatively simple: first marriage, no child, no any criminal records, and our bank statements + health insurances+ car insurances in hands. So it turns out to be much smoother. 

So if your feel your case is complicate, be prepared for some more detailed questions, such as previous marriages, children, etc. Be prepared, not be anxious!:)

My personal suggestions:

1 Be well prepared, get all the evidences of your bona fide marriage to the interview. especially bank, health, cars, to show that you are really financially and physically attached to each other.

2 Tell the truth. It is very very important.

3 If you are a bona fide couples, try to be relaxed, I feel like a lot of officers have been working on this position for many years, if it is true, and your status is eligible,then you should not have a problem:)

And once again, thank you for all you guys on VisaJourney, it was a huge help for me to see your updates and reviews and suggestions everything.  Hope we can keep helping each other and my best wishes to all, Best luck!!!

Edited by LaughingBuddha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.